Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeon Siege series

Old 08-05-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
BlackMambo

Never played a DS game...should i buy DS3???

i don't know how this serie is. there's a good deal on gamersgate for DS3, is it worth buying this game? i've read some weird reviews about the controls and a-not-so-epic campaign. what do you say about that? also, have this game some features in common with torchlight or they are 2 completely different games? -tnx
Old 08-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #2
ElfShotTheFood

It's better than first game (which plays itself) but probably not as good as the second one.

$5 US is a good price for this if you like simple hack 'n' slash action RPGs.

The keyboard controls work, but aren't good. The game was obviously designed to be played with a 360 controller. Keep that in mind.

Dungeon Siege III is similar to Torchlight in the way that both are loot-fest RPGs, although Torchlight probably has more replay value. DSIII offers co-op play too, but it's a waste of time if you're not the host player.

Titan Quest is on sale at GamersGate too. If you haven't played that, I'd recommend getting that one first.
ElfShotTheFood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:31 AM   #3
bottleHeD

Titan Quest Gold Edition is kickass! I wonder why they never released a TQ 2.
bottleHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
Mechratos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottleHeD View Post
Titan Quest Gold Edition is kickass! I wonder why they never released a TQ 2.
Because publisher wasn't satisfied with sales. But TQ's spiritual successor will be released next year, by some of TQ's original devs gathered around Crate Entertainment: Grim Dawn.

DS3 is a good game, to me personally much more fun than some "big titles" like Diablo 3. The best way to decide if you like it or not is to try demo.
Mechratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
Knightdarling

Not sure why so many seem to have trouble with DS3 controls (keyboard & mouse). Seriously, if you play a wide variety of games, you shouldn't have any trouble with the controls in DS3.

I realize many people get in such a rut of expecting controls to be only a certain way, so they get upset when they play games that don't use the familiar key set-up they have gotten so used too. However, for others who play a wider variety of games and game genres don't have the same issues. It's all a matter of being used to adjusting and being flexible.
Knightdarling is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeon Siege series