Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 08-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
elskeleto3

Red face CS:S VAC Bans to CS:GO beta and CS:GO?

I was VAC banned on Counter strike: Source over a year ago and I noticed that my VAC bans have updated and now it says I am already VAC banned on CS:GO beta when I don't even have it and I was wondering if i will also be VAC banned on the CS:GO when it comes out. I was really looking forward to that game and planning on buying it as soon as possible and i don't want to waste my money on something I cant even play.

I was also told before my vac ban list updated that I will be banned on the beta.
And if i will be banned will it be possible if i Buy this game on another account on the same computer to get it to work on Garry's mod 13 for all the files. If not please make a way for it.

And stop with the hate comments i only came for the answer not to see your self waste your time.

Last edited by elskeleto3: 08-05-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #2
MikeJ

Or you could like, you know, spend 3 seconds to make a new steam account before you buy CS GO so it will be free of any vac bans.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
elskeleto3

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJ View Post
Or you could like, you know, spend 3 seconds to make a new steam account before you buy CS GO so it will be free of any vac bans.
I do have another account
Old 08-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #4
Jjssonicfan

You cheated in CS:S, a perfectly fun game, which ruins everything. I think people have a right to hate on you.

I don't see why you would deserve to play the game anyway. You were VAC banned for a reason, and Valve even notified you that you would be banned for the beta. I'm going to go out on a limb and say:

Yes, you will be banned in the full game of CS:GO on the specific account you were banned on.

Last edited by heffebaycay: 08-06-2012 at 02:39 AM.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:59 PM   #5
Skwink

Props to you OP for owning up to your ban and not saying it was a mistake or something.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #6
Miidgi

The ban will persist for all VAC secured games, permanently (this includes CSGO), and will update to new ones released.

The only way for you to not be VAC banned is to make a new account (which you apparently already have), although be careful to make sure there aren't any residual questionable scripts running etc., or else VAC may smell them and ban you again on your alt.

Last edited by heffebaycay: 08-06-2012 at 02:39 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:55 AM   #7
heffebaycay

Volunteer Moderator
The level of trolling here was awful... If you don't want to help the OP, that's totally fine... but please don't post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miidgi View Post
The ban will persist for all VAC secured games, permanently (this includes CSGO), and will update to new ones released.
Is there an official source for that? For games released after L4D (or L4D2, I don't remember), I was under the impression that Valve stopped banning by engine and started banning by game instead.

But since the OP said his previous VAC ban now applies to CS:GO beta, I'm not sure what to think. Unfortunately we might have to wait until the game is released to get an answer to that question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjssonicfan View Post
You cheated in CS:S, a perfectly fun game, which ruins everything. I think people have a right to hate on you.
Why would you hate someone who has already been punished? This user cheated and was punished with a VAC ban. If you're looking for people to hate on, hate on the players who have yet to be banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjssonicfan View Post
I don't see why you would deserve to play the game anyway.
Because he already got punished.

Last edited by heffebaycay: 08-06-2012 at 03:00 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:26 AM   #8
weekendwarrior

It's in the disclaimer that you check off when you install the game that if you're caught hacking that you get banned from VAC servers for all games; I think the only caviat is that it has to be the same engine (i.e. if you get banned from a source-engine game, you can still play CS 1.6).

Make a new account. Learn your lesson and don't hack like a 12-year-old kid who can't have fun unless he cheats.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:39 AM   #9
ca1

Originally the bans were per engine so if you were banned on a source based engine you are banned on all such as DoD:S, CS:S etc, same for Half-Life with CS 1.6 and DoD and what not, but I'm sure I read that it's changed so it's a ban per game, so if you cheat on CS:GO you get banned from CS:GO and nothing else so your source ban does not carry over to CS:GO
Old 08-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #10
killer89(fin)

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by elskeleto3 View Post
I was VAC banned on Counter strike: Source over a year ago

And stop with the hate comments i only came for the answer not to see your self waste your time.

Honestly... The only person wasting his time in here is you.
You have gaming problems --> you cheat --> you get banned --> start using the secondary account.

Deal with it.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #11
Whups

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffebaycay View Post
The level of trolling here was awful... If you don't want to help the OP, that's totally fine... but please don't post.

Is there an official source for that? For games released after L4D (or L4D2, I don't remember), I was under the impression that Valve stopped banning by engine and started banning by game instead.

But since the OP said his previous VAC ban now applies to CS:GO beta, I'm not sure what to think. Unfortunately we might have to wait until the game is released to get an answer to that question.

Why would you hate someone who has already been punished? This user cheated and was punished with a VAC ban. If you're looking for people to hate on, hate on the players who have yet to be banned.

Because he already got punished.
I have no sympathy for people who cheated. "Because you already got punished", no that. You cheat, you're done.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #12
ca1

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer89(fin) View Post
You have gaming problems --> you cheat --> you get banned --> start using the secondary account.

Deal with it.
although he doesn't need to since the ban doesn't carry on over to CS:GO
Old 08-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #13
ca1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whups View Post
I have no sympathy for people who cheated. "Because you already got punished", no that. You cheat, you're done.
so if someone does armed robbery they should be put in jail until death? they can be rehabilitated, I'm glad you're not a judge.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #14
Eek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer89(fin) View Post

Deal with it.
Whilst I don't know why the beta version of this game would show a VAC ban (since new games are meant to only ban on their own basis), I do think since Valve changed the way they work the OP should be able to play this game, as he's 'done his time' with the banning of the other games/engines on his account. I always thought it ridiculous the process banned high swathes of games that had nothing to do with the specific one.

Sadly this thread was and will continue to be posted in by the 'Deal with it' brigade, and valid discussion will be lost.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #15
killer89(fin)

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eek! View Post

Sadly this thread was and will continue to be posted in by the 'Deal with it' brigade, and valid discussion will be lost.
Mind to tell us the psychological reason on why you defend cheaters?
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive