Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Island

Old 08-07-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
ijam

Dead Island GOTY essential mods

What are recommended mods to install/manually fix for goty edition? this is my first playthrough and i want the experience to be the best. i browse through this forum and try to install some of the mods. some of em doesnt work for goty version. unfortunately, i cant seems to find why or what need to do to make it work. are there any list that confirm work for goty?

i did try to install dead island editor/tool. doesnt work for goty and hasnt been updated since 2011.

here are some of the things that i would like to have.

1. fov - wider
2. head bob removed
3. meelee combat is boring. i would love resident evil 5 like gunplay
4. faster menu mouse, slower gameplay mouse aim
5. bigger inventory

thanks.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #2
Axl Jay Angel

If this is your first playthrough, I suggest playing the original game first without any mods installed. It's how the game should be played and how the developers want it to be played in the first place.

I honestly play the original game without any mods with the exception of a mod that allows me to chat while using the Xbox 360 controller. It is entertaining.

Last edited by Axl Jay Angel: 08-07-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Axl Jay Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:27 AM   #3
CoOp King

I get what the above poster is saying, I don't agree with it however I feel as if you want mods, wade through them until you find what you need, or figure out how to tweak what you want to your specific liking, you can always go back and run a vanilla playthrough IF you enjoy the game w/e with the devs you support them enough by buying their game, right?
CoOp King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #4
ijam

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoOp King View Post
I get what the above poster is saying, I don't agree with it however I feel as if you want mods, wade through them until you find what you need, or figure out how to tweak what you want to your specific liking, you can always go back and run a vanilla playthrough IF you enjoy the game w/e with the devs you support them enough by buying their game, right?
What are you talking about?
http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/W%2FE
ijam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #5
C'estCookz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Jay Angel View Post
If this is your first playthrough, I suggest playing the original game first without any mods installed. It's how the game should be played and how the developers want it to be played in the first place.

I honestly play the original game without any mods with the exception of a mod that allows me to chat while using the Xbox 360 controller. It is entertaining.
I agree with this to an extent, but I'd also use the 'Dead Island Helper', because my God, the FoV in this game is horrid.
C'estCookz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:22 PM   #6
MrLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estCookz View Post
I agree with this to an extent, but I'd also use the 'Dead Island Helper', because my God, the FoV in this game is horrid.
QFT!!
IN this case I would have to disagree with CoOp King and suggest Dead Island Helper as a MUST!

When I first bought Dead Island a few months back, I couldn't even play it because of all the little stupid bugs!! It's not a very good PC port to begin with. (The mouse speed when switching to your inventory was really jarateing me off, to name one!)

But I picked the game up again and downloaded the Dead Island Helper and it makes the game much.... MUCH more enjoyable and it's not ruining anything!

Last edited by MrLee: 08-11-2012 at 11:25 PM.
MrLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #7
reconditioned

I have not had the game long. Not even played it much but I am using the 3 in 1 mod. The only released mod @moddb for Dead Island. Gets rid of the minimap, crosshair, and the money/repair system. Makes the game more about survival by any means than levelling and repairing and having the map tell you where to go and holding your hand the whole way through the game. I recommend it.
reconditioned is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Island