Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy

Old 08-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
Koranis

Question about Mars. Possible glitch. Spoilers.

Hi,

I just finished "Sulaco" mission, the one taken from Aliens movie. Dutch died there.

Now, I had finished this mission several times in the past and everytime he died, so either I'm really bad at this game or it just had to happen.

What is strange (and seemed to be a bug to me) is that I meet him again on Mars. Is this normal?
Old 08-08-2012, 01:33 AM   #2
ben583

Working as intended.
ben583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:36 AM   #3
Koranis

So I wonder why it was intended so.
Koranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:41 AM   #4
BlackAlpha666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koranis View Post
So I wonder why it was intended so.
That's as good question as "what is the meaning of the story". You cannot prove or disprove anything!

By the way, use sentry guns to guard all entrances.
BlackAlpha666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #5
KrazyKain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAlpha666 View Post
That's as good question as "what is the meaning of the story". You cannot prove or disprove anything!

By the way, use sentry guns to guard all entrances.
yeah thats how I did it
KrazyKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #6
Koranis

I tried with those 2 sentries positioned outside at the beginning of the mission but those manducos destroy them in no time.
Koranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #7
Salamatiqus

Actually, do not destroy any turrets. When Dutch says to destroy most embarrassing ones you should check hack list for Defense system. Once hacked all turrets will be on your side.
So, in my playthrough I always got one mounted turret in the room, two sentries for each entry, total of 6 sentries. Only problem is Dutchs walking. Sometimes he walks outside room and got knocked by Kraaknagul. For high level players (and normal difficulty) it is not survival mission, it is more like babysitting
Salamatiqus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:03 AM   #8
temm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamatiqus
Actually, do not destroy any turrets. When Dutch says to destroy most embarrassing ones you should check hack list for Defense system. Once hacked all turrets will be on your side.
This and use your medkit on him. If you have medkit in your hands, you can see his HP.
temm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:43 AM   #9
Dear_Potato

Well, you are going to call me coward, but the best way for Dutch to survive is blocking the two side doors with those big barrels that have something written on them.

In my first cycle, I was unable to make Dutch survive (and, by the way, he did not appear in Mars). The next cycle I put those blocks and it was extremely easy to defend the place. The metastreumonic hordes keep coming only through the central door; then, in the first impasse I killed the ones in the sides jumping on the barrels, so the flow keep coming. When the monsters stop coming and the music fades, It's just as easy as to kill the two-three monsters in the sides again.

The next mission, with Dutch living, started a lot different (not that I liked that he dies no matter what, after all the work to keep him alive).
Dear_Potato is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy