Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Space Pirates and Zombies

Old 08-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
predcon

How do I keep ships automated during mining?

I'm trying to farm Rez, but all the ships I set to 'Mule' mode only collect Rez and deposit it back at the beacon if I take control of one ship and just sit in the spot with all the Rez. If I try to take part in the farming, it disrupts the 'Mule' mode and all the ships in my fleet follow me.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
Euphytose

The mule mod means once the ships are full, they'll drop their cargo next to the mule ship, I don't really know what several mules do but I don't think it would work at all.

Farming while being afk is easy, here's how you do it in the latest version:

1) Put mining beams and tractor beams on all your ships, no armor, basic shields to avoid getting killed by the mining beams of the base.

2) Set them to "fire at will", and place the ship with the least cargo capacity just above the asteroid, but make sure you're not in the way of the huge mining beam or it won't fire.

3) Once you get the biggest cargo ship of the game, which is the freighter, place this one next to the asteroid instead of the small one.

Edit: You can also use engine boosters, or beam boosters, this applies to tractor beams I guess. The stationary ship should have a turret set to automatic mode, so it helps mining without you needing to do anything.

Last edited by Euphytose: 08-09-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Euphytose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:09 AM   #3
predcon

I thought mule mode sent all full ships to the warp beacon.
predcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:32 AM   #4
Euphytose

No, they do that automatically.

What they don't do anymore though, is go really far from you to get the rez, even in fire at will mode.

You just have to get near the rez, they'll do the rest, including going back to the beacon to empty the cargo.

Once you get the freighter, you can set it on mule mode while still being near the asteroid. Its cargo capacity is really huge.

Last edited by Euphytose: 08-10-2012 at 03:37 AM.
Euphytose is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Space Pirates and Zombies