Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Orcs Must Die! series

Old 08-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
sWiZzLe

OMD1 & 2 Stop Responding at Startup

Hi,

I've never had a problem with OMD1 until the night OMD2 came out.... after failing to get OMD2 to run, I tried 1 and it took about 5 minutes to get to the menu!?

When I run OMD2, I get a black screen and immediately my GPU usage drops to 0% with CPU usage at 1-3%. In windowed mode it says its "Not Responding". About 5 minutes later the "robot" splash things appears then the menu. If i click on the options button it goes straight into options and everything works fine. If i click on anything else, the GPU usage immediately drops to 0% again and i have to wait for a few minutes before the next menu appears.

I've never experienced anything like this in a game, for it to hang pretty much every time I click an option is just weird.

Once i get into the map, it all works fine...but it can take around 20-30 minutes to get to that point.

I tried verifying the game cache and it told me that 1 file was missing and that it would re-download it.... but it didn't as i tried verifying it again and it gave me the same error. I have tried re-downloading the game, but this has not helped.

With regards to my PC, i shouldn't have a problem with a Quad core 3.6 CPU, GTX 580 Classified 3Gb and 8GB of Ram on Win7x64.

I get the feeling that an update that has added to OMD1 at some point, has been included with OMD2 and has buggered up something somewhere.

All my drivers are up to date and all my other games work perfectly.

I have just tried again after the update and nothing has changed.

Would love to be able to play Co-op with a friend, but i don't think would be too keen on having to wait for my copy to load :/

Help!

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Orcs Must Die! series