Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam Community Discussion

Old 08-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
HNGGGGGNGH

Spray issues

Whenever I play TF2, and I press T to spray, I never see it. I think its because Im just using a picture off of google images, and not one from gamebanana, but I dont think thats the issue, PLEASE HELP ME!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #2
Suicide_pl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HNGGGGGNGH View Post
Whenever I play TF2, and I press T to spray, I never see it. I think its because Im just using a picture off of google images, and not one from gamebanana, but I dont think thats the issue, PLEASE HELP ME!
1. Wrong category
2. Nope - you can use any picture, as long as it isn't bigger than 256x256px and its available in a format that can be imported into a game (tga, jpg, vmt, png). Pictures of aspect ratio other than 1:1 may cause problems. There is also a filesize limit, but I normally wouldn't really care about it - I never happen to exceeded it with static (non-animated) sprays.
Suicide_pl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
Alexander Bell

Quote:
I think its because Im just using a picture off of google images, and not one from gamebanana, but I dont think thats the issue, PLEASE HELP ME!
Contradiction.
Alexander Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #4
Spiderm4N

Quote:
do you see sprays from other people in the same server? if not it's a sv_pure 2 server so it won't work, try servers with sv_pure 0 or 1

next time post on tf2 forums: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...splay.php?f=80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide_pl View Post
1. Wrong category
2. Nope - you can use any picture, as long as it isn't bigger than 256x256px and its available in a format that can be imported into a game (tga, jpg, vmt, png). Pictures of aspect ratio other than 1:1 may cause problems. There is also a filesize limit, but I normally wouldn't really care about it - I never happen to exceeded it with static (non-animated) sprays.
actually there was a update 1 year ago or more that the spray limit is now 512x512

Last edited by Spiderm4N: 08-20-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Spiderm4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
Gene

To answer your question OP, official Valve servers block sprays and lots of other baby server owners do too so they can get that f2p traffic.

Expect the same for CS:GO. Valve pushing out a fun feature because they're worried about little Timmy seeing in an M rated game.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam Community Discussion