Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fallout series > Fallout 3

Old 08-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
stevethepocket

Way to examine a save file and find out where I left something?

I have gotten into a bad habit in Fallout 3. When I get overencumbered and there's nothing I can reasonably just drop, I pick out something in my inventory, stash it somewhere handy, and try to remember where I left it in case I need it again later.

This time it was my two sniper rifles. And I did not remember where I left them. I already looked everywhere I could remember having been today, and they're not there. So what I need now is a way to hunt them down. I know every item that you move from one place to another is stored in the save file somewhere; is there some sort of fan-made tool that can analyze save files and find items you've stashed?
Old 08-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
snapjak

Not really since there are so many hundreds of stored items in the game, and they all have the same baseid (or is it refid) while having a unique refid (or baseid if it's the other way).

You would need to know those two specific rifle's codes.
snapjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
Radical_Danny

Lol, You would think you would just drop stuff somewhere go home dump off everything then go right back for the rest... XD
Radical_Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
stevethepocket

Yeah, but I don't like constantly teleporting all over the place because it wrecks the immersion.
stevethepocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
futurefields

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevethepocket View Post
Yeah, but I don't like constantly teleporting all over the place because it wrecks the immersion.
Lol. I like to get into the game when i play too. Sometimes I turn all the electrical stuff in the house off and exceept for the computer and I cook some spam on a skillet and just pretend like Im living in the wasteland.
futurefields is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fallout series > Fallout 3