Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Medic

Old 08-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
dontango

MvM strategies

At this point we all know that a kritzrkieg medic is a viable option in Mann Up mode and MvM in general.
But lets talk about "builds" and other strategies in general.

Valve decided to give us a botkiller Medigun but no botkiller Kritzkrieg so wonder if you make a ubercharge Medic work in Mann Up mode?

Lets brainstorm....
Old 08-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #2
CyberGlitch

People put a load of cash into upgrading kritz charge rate, but I find it better to invest in the ubersaw and damage resists. As a "tank medic" you can run in and get kritz constantly for your partner.
CyberGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
awalloftext

If you don't have an Engi, Quick Fix is pretty useful. Probably roll with sharable Kritz canteens.

Otherwise, Kritzkrieg is almost always gonna be the best choice. It's just the nature of this mode; most of the time you're wiping because damage isn't going out fast enough.

Default Medigun works decently enough, I guess, but I think the other guns have more powerful advantages.

For melee, I always go with Vitasaw. I guess Amputator works too, kinda, but both it and the Ubersaw seem kinda gimick-y to me.

For gun, I go with Overdose. The only time I ever really using my gun is when I'm retreating, and it's easier to just spray Overdose while backpeddling than it is trying to line up a Crossbow shot.
awalloftext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:55 AM   #4
tomokyo

Vita saw? Really?

Melee scouts and heavies are SOOOO simple to melee that one strike negates the need for the Vita, and you have 10hp bonus

Crossbow ftw, long range heals save lives.

Not tried the Tank style medic before, resistances just look to cost too much. My kritz takes all of the bonuses until I have enough to share the Canteens and buy Ubers.

Increased speed / heal rate is good. Increasing Ubersaw swing speed can be helpful to build.
tomokyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:55 AM   #5
Glanzfell

My first MvM-Medic-Run was with Blutsauger/Kritz/Übersaw.

Blutsauger was good when my hp were low and a Robot was there distracted by my teammates, so I shoot at him too.
Kritz with shared Übercharge on a Pyro in a group of Robots was awesome.
Übersaw was nice for attacking a Robot-Spy.

But I think I try Kritz + Medieval the next time.
Glanzfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #6
awalloftext

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomokyo View Post
Vita saw? Really?
Really. Why would you be melee'ing ever with a medic? If your patient dies, run and find someone else to heal/Kritz. If you happen to die, you already have a head start on your next Kritz.

I mean, I guess it's personal preference, but I rarely see 10HP save my life in MvM. If you get hit by a couple solid rockets, 10HP won't save you.

However, I have not tested Ubersaw with a tank. If it grants charge upon melee'ing a tank, I take back everything I said, as it would clearly be the best choice. I haven't tested it personally though.
awalloftext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #7
Stat_Bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by awalloftext View Post
Really. Why would you be melee'ing ever with a medic? If your patient dies, run and find someone else to heal/Kritz. If you happen to die, you already have a head start on your next Kritz.

I mean, I guess it's personal preference, but I rarely see 10HP save my life in MvM. If you get hit by a couple solid rockets, 10HP won't save you.

However, I have not tested Ubersaw with a tank. If it grants charge upon melee'ing a tank, I take back everything I said, as it would clearly be the best choice. I haven't tested it personally though.
No Ubersaw vs tanks (which count as buildings)

That was my first thought too, but alas, this isn't VALVe's first rodeo.
Stat_Bot is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Medic