Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darksiders II: Death Lives

Old 08-23-2012, 12:03 AM   #1
TheMetal

Leveling up after end game?

So I've just beaten the main story, and most side quests are done (save for some of the find relic quests...which I don't feel like doing), how can I level up Death now?

Asking, because I can't unlock the last wave of The Crucible until I'm level 25.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:13 AM   #2
didamangi

You can start a new game+ after you beat the game. Your level, gear and money stays with you and you can level up again.
didamangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:18 AM   #3
TheMetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by didamangi View Post
You can start a new game+ after you beat the game. Your level, gear and money stays with you and you can level up again.
Hmm, is there any other way? I'm not starting a NG+ for some issues I have with the game at the moment.

Basically, I'm just looking to finish The Crucible with my current game.
TheMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:45 AM   #4
ShadowOrigin

I managed to get to level 22 on my first play through. After that I simply stopped gaining experience from anything. Quite literally - I stayed at 0 exp. I never did find any enemies that still gave experience.

Your only choice in order to get 25 is likely doing NG+, as noted above, since the enemies rise in level as well in order to start granting experience again.
ShadowOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #5
everydaygamer

yeah once you're a higher level than enemies they stop granting exp so pretty sure its impossible to reach level 25 without doing new game+.
everydaygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #6
Sublyme

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowOrigin View Post
I managed to get to level 22 on my first play through. After that I simply stopped gaining experience from anything. Quite literally - I stayed at 0 exp. I never did find any enemies that still gave experience.

Your only choice in order to get 25 is likely doing NG+, as noted above, since the enemies rise in level as well in order to start granting experience again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
yeah once you're a higher level than enemies they stop granting exp so pretty sure its impossible to reach level 25 without doing new game+.
Exactly. You start a new game from your old save and go through everything like normal, the bonus, however, is that the weapon and armor drops scale with you once you get past Crowfather. This is especially important since you want to have a maxed weapon with your maxed perks. You keep your dosh, you skill tree, and whatever you were carrying at the time. Your abilities have to be gained through the game like last time (Deathgrip, Voidwalker, etc.) But you will find this time around you can get yourself setup really nice by the time you hit 25...i.e., Fast weapons that steal health and build wrath, etc. The majority of the conversations can be skipped by pressing your "use" button (whatever you open doors with) as long as you don't have a dialogue option highlighted.
Sublyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #7
Senvae

You don't get XP from the Crucible?

In any case, you can buy certain gear that adds experience points collected from the world beasts, and then you could go into the Fjord and beat on those stalkers, which are worth much more XP than any other world monsters... I assume based on their difficulty. Also, the monsters in the Fjord seem to switch over to more powerful versions once you reach higher levels. Combine that with the experience boosts of your gear and you could stand a chance to reach level 25 without starting a New Game+... but then you probably won't be strong enough to beat the last leg of the Crucible.

I still recommend a new game+. Especially if you crank up the difficulty setting, it's quite fun.
Senvae is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darksiders II: Death Lives