Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist

Old 08-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
SlyJonesGT

Lightbulb NEW DLC IDEAS! (ADD YOURS HERE!) Guns, Heists Ect...

My friend and I were discussing some ideas for future DLC. These are just ideas feel free to leave yours too

New Shotgun?

AA12? (Lots of recoil, drum mag, high damage, Full auto)

Saiga? (Medium recoil, 10 cap mag, high damage, Semi auto)

Spas12? (Low Recoil, 5 bullets in chamger, Medium damage, pump action)

New Secondary?

MP9? ( Low Recoil, 40 cap mag, low damage, decent accuracy, high rate of fire?

Skorpion? (Medium recoil, 30 cap mag, medium damage, bad accuracy, medium rate of fire?

New team bonus?

DOWN BUT NOT OUT
(You can take a lot more shots when downed allowing you to kill more cops)

GADGET MAN
(Allows Team Mates to carry more trip mines 2 sentry's ect...)

Thats About It For Now. Ill Keep Updating The Page With New Ideas And Add Your Guy's Ideas

Remember to add yours in comments, ill add the good ones to this post along with who they are from

Last edited by SlyJonesGT: 08-24-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
kraze1994

I would definitely like to see some more guns added.

+1
kraze1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
lotuspulse

it's Spas12 and Skorpion
lotuspulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
SlyJonesGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotuspulse View Post
it's Spas12 and Skorpion
Thanks for the save
SlyJonesGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
lotuspulse

I think the AA12 would be as OP as it is in real life, and the MP9 you suggested is basically the Compact 5, there is a need for a semi auto shotgun though
lotuspulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:30 PM   #6
Milordog1

two words:

Mind Heist
Milordog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
DocWatson

I think the problem with new weapons is that they'd want to make an entire new class since that's how their skill tree works. That and they've done a good job covering all the bases of different weapons. Nothing is really missing from any of the weapon choices...

I think now, they really just need to focus on more heists and more masks.
DocWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #8
Gameassassin

No game is complete without the desert eagle. It's so unethical to use. That even using it makes you a badass.
Gameassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #9
Blutspender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameassassin View Post
No game is complete without the desert eagle. It's so unethical to use. That even using it makes you a badass.
I just can't imagine the DE being implemented in a heisting game...
Blutspender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #10
Lesbian Seagull

I would really like to see some sort of scoped weapon added to the game. Be it bolt action or semi-automatic. Use of a long distance weapon would be great obviously in Undercover as a counter sniper weapon. I could see it filling roles in Undercover (able to cover distances when shooting out of either house towards police approaching from Ocean St.), First World (counter sniper as well as angle shots from the 2nd floor balcony), and almost every other heist that isn't exclusively indoors. I think there are enough options for secondary weapons to compensate for having a slow bolt gun.

As far as options go I'd like to see something similar to an Accuracy International rifle. But the choices of bolt action surgical rifles are endless. The magnification doesn't have to be crazy, just enough to get the job done. I really think this would fill a void that the game has when it comes to weapons.
Lesbian Seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:03 PM   #11
Omar - The Wire

This game isn't about the guns, it's about the heist and the teamwork it takes. That's my impression anyways.

Innovative, challenging heists with multiple, not-so-obvious ways to solve them is the best way, in my opinion, for them to focus their energies. It's the easiest way to achieve the best results.

Think about them from a gameplay point of view. You'd have to add a ridiculous amount of weapons for that to be captivating. Say your wishes are granted, you have a new shotgun, a new assault rifle, a desert eagle, a sniper rifle and some kind of grenade sentry gun. Then what? You hope they are balanced, and you immediately take them out to play with in Overkill and 145+. Awesome. You play the same 8 heist maps, and by the time you've beaten each one (for probably the 100th time), the novelty of the new weapons has worn off. You're still playing the exact same maps with the exact same methods producing the exact same results.

I'd rather keep the current loadouts, and have more heists.

You don't add new tools to solve old puzzles, you create new puzzles.
Omar - The Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #12
SlyJonesGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar - The Wire View Post
This game isn't about the guns, it's about the heist and the teamwork it takes. That's my impression anyways.

Innovative, challenging heists with multiple, not-so-obvious ways to solve them is the best way, in my opinion, for them to focus their energies. It's the easiest way to achieve the best results.

Think about them from a gameplay point of view. You'd have to add a ridiculous amount of weapons for that to be captivating. Say your wishes are granted, you have a new shotgun, a new assault rifle, a desert eagle, a sniper rifle and some kind of grenade sentry gun. Then what? You hope they are balanced, and you immediately take them out to play with in Overkill and 145+. Awesome. You play the same 8 heist maps, and by the time you've beaten each one (for probably the 100th time), the novelty of the new weapons has worn off. You're still playing the exact same maps with the exact same methods producing the exact same results.

I'd rather keep the current loadouts, and have more heists.

You don't add new tools to solve old puzzles, you create new puzzles.

Thats a great point, more heists would be amazing but along with that maybe a few more weapons. Heists are fun but when you get a new gun its like OHHHH YEAH
SlyJonesGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:59 AM   #13
Primary

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyJonesGT View Post
Thats a great point, more heists would be amazing but along with that maybe a few more weapons. Heists are fun but when you get a new gun its like OHHHH YEAH
Reset your progress.
Primary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #14
TheEngiGuy

Gadget man seems overpowered.
TheEngiGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #15
Thepaydayfan

gimme akimbo bubble guns.
Thepaydayfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist