Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wars collection > Knights of the Old Republic Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #1
Andytizershiny
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 207
Posts: 160
Post Ultimate Guide getting KOTOR 2 patched, fixed and restored with widescreen resolution

I have written up a guide up on this wiki http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wa...The_Sith_Lords

It lists all the fixes, patches and essential mods for both the Steam and Retail versions of KOTOR 2. It's completely user-editable, so if you discover something new add it in (no account required), or write up here and I'll add it in!
Andytizershiny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
Sam&Max
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Reputation: 89
Posts: 240
You list the original retail release of KOTOR II, but what about the DVD release in the new Old Repubolic retail double-pack?
Sam&Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #3
Andytizershiny
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 207
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam&Max View Post
You list the original retail release of KOTOR II, but what about the DVD release in the new Old Repubolic retail double-pack?
Is there much of a difference between the double pack and the original retail release?

From the Amazon reviews, it seems to suggest better Windows 7 compatibility, but I'm not really sure what it is (you'd probably still have to do the retail installation steps).
Andytizershiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #4
crispy animal
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 45
Posts: 491
Cool, thanks mate. +1 rep.
crispy animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #5
sea-
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Reputation: 71
Posts: 265
The higher quality music and movie patches are included in the Steam version, from what I can tell. All you really need is TSLRCM at the moment, as the widescreen options appear to not work well for the Steam version of the game.
sea- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:52 AM   #6
RobinOttens
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Reputation: 11
Posts: 26
So, are the M4-78 Mod and the Malachor VI Complete Mod worth looking into? No-one seems to mention them. TSLRCM doesn't restore M4-78 right?
RobinOttens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:34 AM   #7
Andytizershiny
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 207
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea- View Post
The higher quality music and movie patches are included in the Steam version, from what I can tell. All you really need is TSLRCM at the moment, as the widescreen options appear to not work well for the Steam version of the game.
Did you try Squizzy's widescreen patch? http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wa...lution_Patcher
Andytizershiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:58 AM   #8
Crimsoneer
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Reputation: 2
Posts: 277
Sqizzy's patch works, but reverts your game version to an older version, so you'll encounter more bugs, such as the swoop bike flying one
Crimsoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:03 AM   #9
Andytizershiny
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 207
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsoneer View Post
Sqizzy's patch works, but reverts your game version to an older version, so you'll encounter more bugs, such as the swoop bike flying one
Thanks I'll add that info in, I wasn't aware.
Andytizershiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:08 AM   #10
Jp1138
 
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 3
Thanks for the info
Jp1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:27 AM   #11
Penthouse32
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Reputation: 5
Posts: 190
Your link to high res movie patch not found 404.
http://www.fileplanet.com/157381/150...vie-PatchMovie
Penthouse32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #12
jake_farrell
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Reputation: 8
Posts: 82
its slightly broken , since the Movie at the end is not needed..

http://www.fileplanet.com/157381/150...ty-Movie-Patch , is correct , but if you have the steam version you dont need it

and the wiki seems strange.. tryed to fix the link (preview worked,but it was not saved but in the history its documented) *edit* link is now fixed on the wiki

Last edited by jake_farrell: 08-24-2012 at 07:35 AM.
jake_farrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #13
DaVinci
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 135
Posts: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsoneer View Post
Sqizzy's patch works, but reverts your game version to an older version, so you'll encounter more bugs, such as the swoop bike flying one
Oooh.... Can you please, tell me all the (major) bugs? I want to know what's better to do: replace the .exe and use the widescreen patch or play the game at 4:3 aspect ratio.

Thank you in advance.
DaVinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:08 AM   #14
Andytizershiny
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 207
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake_farrell View Post
its slightly broken , since the Movie at the end is not needed..

http://www.fileplanet.com/157381/150...ty-Movie-Patch , is correct , but if you have the steam version you dont need it

and the wiki seems strange.. tryed to fix the link (preview worked,but it was not saved but in the history its documented) *edit* link is now fixed on the wiki
Thanks for editing the link. Sometimes if more than one person is editing, then there will be an editing conflict (if a person saves in between you opening the page and you saving your edit).
Andytizershiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #15
donkerwater
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Reputation: 5
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinOttens View Post
So, are the M4-78 Mod and the Malachor VI Complete Mod worth looking into? No-one seems to mention them. TSLRCM doesn't restore M4-78 right?
http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/...d-18-released/

Quote:
5. Mod Compatibility:
----------
The following mods are INCOMPATIBLE!
...
* M4-78 by Stoney
...

** Keep an eye out on our forums for updates to M4-78 (called M4-78EP) and Handmaiden for Females, being worked on and being published someday after 1.8!
donkerwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wars collection > Knights of the Old Republic Series


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.