Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dark Souls

Old 08-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
Thumbtack Jake

Where to go after Bell Gargoyles?

So I beat the bell gargoyles, but I'm a little lost on where to go next. Should I be looking for the second bell? I went into Darkroot Garden and found some mystical door of sorts, and a path next to it. Down that path I went through the white fog and found a bunch of Elite Knight Armor, but it caused a bunch of bush-men to spring up as well as two or three giant knight guys. So I ran up the tower there only to be killed by, what I can only assume was, Mothra. One shot took me down to about 5% health, so I'm not sure this is where I should be yet. I've just been running around parish, farming souls and got both my Winged Spear and Gargoyle Tail Axe to +5, as well as upgrading the elite knight armor to +2.

Do I need to head back towards the dragon?
Old 08-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
Kanojo

if you picked the master key then go to new londo > valley of drakes > blighttown and ring the 2nd bell. otherwise pick up the key by the portcullis behind the iron boar and go to the capra demon > depths > blighttown via the doorway by the dragon bridge
Kanojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #3
Aer.nz

You can take on the butterfly if you want, it is very easy if you dodge the magical attacks. The boss is a dead end though, killing it only gives you some nice items.

There is a fork in the Darkroot garden path not far from the blacksmith building on the right. It leads up to a cliff that looks like a dead end, but it's actually possible to descend down into Darkroot Basin. There's a sub-boss down there which looks very impressive. It's not too hard if you know how to fight it and have a good shield. It leads to the area on the other side of the ornate door you found.

You can go back to the bridge where Solaire hangs out and descend to the Lower Burg with the key from the corpse behind the chapel portcullis.
Aer.nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #4
Thumbtack Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aer.nz View Post
You can take on the butterfly if you want, it is very easy if you dodge the magical attacks. The boss is a dead end though, killing it only gives you some nice items.

There is a fork in the Darkroot garden path not far from the blacksmith building on the right. It leads up to a cliff that looks like a dead end, but it's actually possible to descend down into Darkroot Basin. There's a sub-boss down there which looks very impressive. It's not too hard if you know how to fight it and have a good shield. It leads to the area on the other side of the ornate door you found.

You can go back to the bridge where Solaire hangs out and descend to the Lower Burg with the key from the corpse behind the chapel portcullis.
I found the Basin just a second ago by complete accident. Figured I'd go kill the stone knight (havel?), and after defeating him I went through the door and found a bunch of crystal dudes. I killed one of them before heading back up though.
Thumbtack Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:15 PM   #5
Dionis

Have a couple of options. The boss you fought was the moonlight butterfly. Stack magic defense to make it easier. Under the stairs is a witch you can summon to help. That is darkroot garden.

You can go to lower undead burg and fight capra demon. Its a hard fight. The door to it is near where soltaire gave you the white soapstone before the bridge with fire dragon. After capra you can go to depths and kill ceaseless discharge.

You can also go do the hydra in basin. Just take one of the forest paths to darkroot basin. The hydra is really easy.

After the above is complete you can go to blightown.

Last edited by Dionis: 08-26-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Dionis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #6
UnrealEck

The progression of the game relies on ringing the two bells.

1. Kill the Gargoyles and ring the first bell.
Spoiler:
Go down to Blighttown and kill the spider queen and ring the second bell

Spoiler:
Go back to Sen's Fortress (near the blacksmith) and defeat the Iron Golem boss

Spoiler:
Go through Anor Londo and defeat Ornstein and Smough and get the Lordvessel
UnrealEck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:00 PM   #7
Aer.nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionis View Post
You can also go do the hydra in ash lake. Just take one of the forest paths to darkroot basin. The hydra is really easy.
That's not Ash Lake, it's just some random body of water in the basin. There's another hydra in a zone called Ash Lake, beneath
Spoiler:
Blighttown (opposite end of the swamp to Queelag, behind some well-hidden secret walls in a tree).
For anyone that hasn't been there yet, it's truly epic. When I entered the zone and saw where I was, I felt so small and insignificant.

There's nearly no enemies there and the accessible area is not very big (though the zone extends to the horizon in all directions) but it's worth a visit just to stand on the sand in awe.

It's worth mentioning you can look down and see the zone just before Nito's area in the Tomb of Giants if I remember correctly. It's a gorgeous view.
Aer.nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #8
Dionis

Oh , edited my bad. Turns out I need to go kill someone.
Dionis is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dark Souls