Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 08-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
siramikvarse

Unhappy Help with auto difficulty bots

Hey all, me and my friend want to play bots together but they keep changing their difficulty level and insta-killing us as soon as we get a few kills. I know the bots are meant to get harder and all that but I want them to stay the same.

I've looked into all the console commands and game settings documents but I cant turn it off or make them stop - they always start on the difficulty setting I want but change and ruin the game soon after. I cant find anything about turning it off or how to change the values of the 'auto harden' to need us to get something like 300 kills before they change - can anyone help me?
Old 08-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #2
cstrike99

In gamemodes_server.txt

"bot_autodifficulty_threshold_low" "0.0"
cstrike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #3
siramikvarse

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstrike99 View Post
In gamemodes_server.txt

"bot_autodifficulty_threshold_low" "0.0"
Thats the first thing I tried with no luck - its like the game sees it and thinks "mmmm, nah"
siramikvarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:47 AM   #4
siramikvarse

I really need help with this - they are always fine in the first round and then get elite, can't I just wipe out the "bot_autodifficulty... thing?

Last edited by siramikvarse: 08-28-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #5
siramikvarse

bump bump bump
Old 08-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
davidkody

I didn't seem to have that happen on my LAN server.
I found all my answers on getting my server up and running on this forum. I wish I would of known about this forum too.

http://forums.srcds.com/

Might also be a good source of info to ya.

I am guessing your config is no different then mine, just I don't have that same thing happening with me.

Last edited by davidkody: 08-28-2012 at 01:26 PM.
davidkody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
siramikvarse

Can anyone at least tell me how these values work?

"bot_autodifficulty_threshold_low" "0.0" // Value between -20.0 and 20.0 (Amount below avg human contribution score, below which a bot should raise its difficulty)
"bot_autodifficulty_threshold_high" "0.0" // Value between -20.0 and 20.0 (Amount above avg human contribution score, above which a bot should lower its difficulty)

How do I get these to fix my problem? A full quote would be extremely useful. :-/
Old 08-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #8
siramikvarse

come on someone must know - I have been trying to fix this all day with 0 success and its getting to me (if they just put a f**king create server option like in css we wouldn't have all these problems).
Old 08-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #9
davidkody

You are using this command right?

bot_difficulty : 1 : , "sv", "rep" : Defines the skill of bots joining the game. Values are: 0=easy, 1=normal, 2=hard, 3=expert.

My autodifficulty is the same:

bot_autodifficulty_threshold_high : 0 : , "sv", "rep" : Upper bound above Average Human Contribution Score that a bot must be above to change its difficulty
bot_autodifficulty_threshold_low : -2 : , "sv", "rep" : Lower bound below Average Human Contribution Score that a bot must be below to change its difficulty

these are all the bot commands I know:

ot_add : cmd : : bot_add <t|ct> <type> <difficulty> <name> - Adds a bot matching the given criteria.
bot_add_ct : cmd : : bot_add_ct <type> <difficulty> <name> - Adds a Counter-Terrorist bot matching the given criteria.
bot_add_t : cmd : : bot_add_t <type> <difficulty> <name> - Adds a terrorist bot matching the given criteria.
bot_all_weapons : cmd : : Allows the bots to use all weapons
bot_autodifficulty_threshold_high : 0 : , "sv", "rep" : Upper bound above Average Human Contribution Score that a bot must be above to change its difficulty
bot_autodifficulty_threshold_low : -2 : , "sv", "rep" : Lower bound below Average Human Contribution Score that a bot must be below to change its difficulty
bot_chatter : 0 : , "sv", "rep" : Control how bots talk. Allowed values: 'off', 'radio', 'minimal', or 'normal'.
bot_crouch : 0 : , "sv", "cheat" :
bot_debug : 0 : , "sv", "cheat", "rep" : For internal testing purposes.
bot_debug_target : 0 : , "sv", "cheat", "rep" : For internal testing purposes.
bot_defer_to_human_goals : 0 : , "sv", "rep" : If nonzero and there is a human on the team, the bots will not do the scenario tasks.
bot_defer_to_human_items : 1 : , "sv", "rep" : If nonzero and there is a human on the team, the bots will not get scenario items.
bot_difficulty : 1 : , "sv", "rep" : Defines the skill of bots joining the game. Values are: 0=easy, 1=normal, 2=hard, 3=expert.
bot_dont_shoot : 0 : , "sv", "rep" : If nonzero, bots will not fire weapons (for debugging).
bot_freeze : 0 : , "sv", "cheat" :
bot_goto_mark : cmd : : Sends a bot to the marked nav area (useful for testing navigation meshes)
bot_goto_selected : cmd : : Sends a bot to the selected nav area (useful for testing navigation meshes)
bot_join_after_player : 1 : , "sv", "rep" : If nonzero, bots wait until a player joins before entering the game.
bot_join_team : 0 : , "sv", "rep" : Determines the team bots will join into. Allowed values: 'any', 'T', or 'CT'.
bot_kick : cmd : : bot_kick <all> <t|ct> <type> <difficulty> <name> - Kicks a specific bot, or all bots, matching the given criteria.
bot_kill : cmd : : bot_kill <all> <t|ct> <type> <difficulty> <name> - Kills a specific bot, or all bots, matching the given criteria.
bot_knives_only : cmd : : Restricts the bots to only using knives
bot_loadout : 0 : , "sv", "cheat" : bots are given these items at round start
bot_mimic : 0 : , "sv", "cheat" :
bot_mimic_yaw_offset : 180 : , "sv", "cheat" :
bot_pistols_only : cmd : : Restricts the bots to only using pistols
bot_place : cmd : : bot_place - Places a bot from the map at where the local player is pointing.
bot_quota : 9 : , "sv", "rep" : Determines the total number of bots in the game.
bot_quota_mode : 0 : , "sv", "rep" : Determines the type of quota. Allowed values: 'normal', 'fill', and 'match'. If 'fill', the server will adjust bots to keep N p
bot_randombuy : 0 : , "sv", "cheat" : should bots ignore their prefered weapons and just buy weapons at random?
bot_show_battlefront : 0 : , "sv", "cheat" : Show areas where rushing players will initially meet.
bot_show_nav : 0 : , "sv", "cheat", "rep" : For internal testing purposes.
bot_show_occupy_time : 0 : , "sv", "cheat" : Show when each nav area can first be reached by each team.
bot_snipers_only : cmd : : Restricts the bots to only using sniper rifles
bot_stop : 0 : , "sv", "cheat", "rep" : If nonzero, immediately stops all bot processing.
bot_take_control : cmd : : Take control of a bot.
bot_traceview : 0 : , "sv", "cheat", "rep" : For internal testing purposes.
bot_zombie : 0 : , "sv", "cheat", "rep" : If nonzero, bots will stay in idle mode and not attack.
davidkody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #10
siramikvarse

The starting difficulty isn't the problem, nor are the console commands, I just cant stop them raising the setting I start them on. Its all to do with my post above and that I don't understand how the values work - I have tried raising and lowering the values and nothing makes a bit of difference...
Old 08-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #11
siramikvarse

yet another bump
Old 08-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #12
siramikvarse

third times a charm bump
Old 08-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #13
siramikvarse

*gives up on life*
Old 08-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #14
siramikvarse

The values must mean somthing, how can I make it think '300 kills and then I'll change my difficulty'?

Last edited by siramikvarse: 08-28-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #15
siramikvarse

if anyone knows anything let me know

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive