Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Walking Dead, The

Old 08-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
Ramboknife

Save Game Is Missing

I just loaded up episode 3 and noticed that the game has not saved any of my progress from the first 2 episodes. Should I be worried? Is there any easy way to edit some files to let the game know what I have done in the past 2 episodes? Or will I have to play them again?

Thanks.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:10 PM   #2
Breadman86

This happened to me when Episode 2 came out, and now for Episode 3 also. Each time I was forced to replay the whole thing, and even then sometimes it wouldn't work between episodes. I've played on a mac and a PC and reinstalled on both of them. This is getting infuriating. I was hoping Telltale would have fixed this by now.
Breadman86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:23 PM   #3
dhud

I'm angry.... My saves are gone as well. This game is way more grief than good.
dhud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:58 PM   #4
Jerry_Impala

Me too. This is bull.
Jerry_Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #5
dhud

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2780190

Here's the fix. Now I played episode 3. This is definitely a love hate relationship I have with telltale. BRUTAL.
dhud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:32 AM   #6
Singing_gardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhud View Post
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2780190

Here's the fix. Now I played episode 3. This is definitely a love hate relationship I have with telltale. BRUTAL.
If you use this fix be warned; you have to complete the entire playthrough of an episode in one sitting. If you exit or go to the main menu or quit for whatever reason, it will start you out from the beginning

How this hasn't been ing addressed already 3 whole episodes in is a mystery to me

Telltale, get your together for s sake
Singing_gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:37 AM   #7
BlackOps101

Thumbs down

Yeah my saves been messed up since after the 1st episode. They have some of the worst coders on this team. No flame, great game, but bugs that just don't seem to be getting fixed... It's almost a joke.
BlackOps101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:34 AM   #8
ShadowolfIncubi

Ugh, after Episode 3 downloaded, I tried to start the game up, but it wouldn't launch at all. I did what Kav2k suggested here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2669163

That worked - only I lost all my saves. I noticed My Documents made a completely new Telltale Games folder - I have two of them now (surprisingly, the new one didn't delete the other...).
One of them is the old folder, carrying my old saves in a "The Walking Dead" folder.
The other of which is the new one the game is reading now, with new saves in a "the walking dead" folder (yes, this one is lower cased for some reason).

Tried some of the suggested solutions, I don't have a pref.prop file in my game's DIR folder at all...

I was really hoping to play some Episode 3 tonight. I really have no time to sit through every episode again right now
=(
ShadowolfIncubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #9
ShadowolfIncubi

Found a fix to my particular problem:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/...ad.php?t=29343

If you still have your saved games (but the game is not reading it), I used Siezemore's method, which works perfectly.

The only thing he didn't mention that if you finished Episode 2, then start a new game on Episode 2 (and not Ep. 1). The save game you're trying to re-open should be within the same Episode.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #10
ShadowolfIncubi

.... (now the game doesn't remember my decisions -_-;; Doug is alive when it should be Carly, wtf Telltale)

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Walking Dead, The