Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 09-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
Bloodhoundje

Exclamation Workaround/temp fix for CS GO crashing.

Hey everyone, I had to wait for my account validation before I was able to post this.

As I heard alot of people are currently crashing while playing CS GO. Mostly after a few minutes ingame. Almost everyone I know only crashes while spectating.

After searching for a possible solution, I found that the problem is caused by the graphic option called "Multi core rendering".

If you keep crashing. Please go to your ingame video settings --> advanced, and disable "Multi core rendering". So far I have confirmation from 6 people that this solved the issue right away!

Enjoy playing CS GO!

[edit]
Time to make this a more decent post.

If you experience crashes in CS:GO, then please see the list below for possible workarounds/fixes.
If these fixes do not work, please give as much information as possible about the crash you experience so we can try and find a possible solution!

I will update the list with possible fixes as much as possible.

CS:GO crashing while spectating
  • Bloodhoundje
    Help & Options --> Video Settings --> Advanced --> Multicore Rendering [Disabled]
    Help & Options --> Video Settings --> Advanced --> Paged Pool Memory Available [Low]
  • J_canna
    Help & Options --> Video Settings --> Advanced --> Global Shadow Quality [Very Low]
  • Skorski
    Hit escape right after you die and stay in the menu until you are respawned. This prevents the spectator UI to popup.

[/edit]

Last edited by Bloodhoundje: 09-04-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
pink22

I started to crash only while expectation just to day. Every game I crashed while spectating. I was a random crash but never the less still happened. I will try this fix and report back.

9/4/12 Update
I went into my graphics card control panel (I have a NVIDIA). I changed Max Pre-rendered frames =1 and Multi-display/mixed GPU acceleration = Single display performance. That seemed to work, but today after 10 min of game play I got the "CSGO has stopped working" message. I will try to change my settings in game now and report back.

Last edited by pink22: 09-04-2012 at 06:31 AM.
pink22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #3
tehx02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodhoundje View Post
Hey everyone, I had to wait for my account validation before I was able to post this.

As I heard alot of people are currently crashing while playing CS GO. Mostly after a few minutes ingame. Almost everyone I know only crashes while spectating.

After searching for a possible solution, I found that the problem is caused by the graphic option called "Multi core rendering".

If you keep crashing. Please go to your ingame video settings --> advanced, and disable "Multi core rendering". So far I have confirmation from 6 people that this solved the issue right away!

Enjoy playing CS GO!
I can confirm that disabling multi-core did resolve the crashes for me--albeit at the cost of performance--but I have been able to play without crashing since turning that off
tehx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
HazardousOldMan

Confirmed to work for me as well. Thanks!
HazardousOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #5
WarioTBH

Works great!
WarioTBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #6
Varmas

@bloodhoundje -- Cheers for that. Will send people here if they report issues :-)
Varmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #7
reymachine

Sadly I tried this and it didn't work

Now it says
"this game is currently unavailable(Application running)
reymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #8
Varmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by reymachine View Post
Sadly I tried this and it didn't work

Now it says
"this game is currently unavailable(Application running)
Close the CSGO process in task manager
Varmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #9
j_canna

setting shadows to low solved the problems for me, other settings maxed.
j_canna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #10
rodent_hunter

worked!

confirmed, setting the multi-core to disabled, shadows to very low, etc, appears to have resolved the crash issue in spectator mode.
rodent_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #11
ck95PT

I tried it 2 days ago. Worked just fine during that time. Today it randomly started happening again. :\
ck95PT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #12
n0sfb

I started getting the crashing while spectating only yesterday. Maybe I changed a setting and don't remember. I'll mess around with the video settings and see if I can fix it.
n0sfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #13
logician

still getting this
logician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #14
dare599z

None of this fixes have solved the issue for me. Tried them all separately, and all together.

Win7x64
i7-2600k
gtx460 x2 sli
8gb 1333mhz
dare599z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #15
TehArchitect

GFX card updates

Anyone thought of posting their GFX card's and/or driver versions? I haven't had any problems. Q9300, 8GB RAM and a 460GTX...I am also running the Steam Community Beta Access so I'm not sure if that includes any updates that could resolve this as well
TehArchitect is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive