Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > They Bleed Pixels

Old 09-03-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
BluesElwoo

Best Side Scrolling Beat em up since Viewtiful Joe!

The title says it all! Its obvious that Viewtiful Joe had at least a slight influence on the game, and that is a great thing! The controls do take a little bit to get used to, but they are tight, and your character does everything you want it to do, as long as you are hitting the right thing! I don't usually buy indie games, but after watching the video, I had to give it a try, and I am glad I did!
Old 09-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
SpookyAndrew

I'm glad you enjoy it
SpookyAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #3
Cyrielx2

I would like to +1 you as well andrew for a marvelous game created, and wonderfully playable.

Enjoyed it every step of the way. Though some parts made me want to punch kittens, it was the right amount of "awfully hard" and overall a very very enjoyable playing experience.

I look forward to any future releases and would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a challenge.
Cyrielx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
SpookyAndrew

Thank you for the kind words.
Please note that Miguel and I both bled for this game and people like yourself enjoying it really makes it all worthwhile !
Old 09-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #5
kijib

I loved Viewtiful Joe
kijib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #6
10damage

high fun factor. only thing i didn like is having to dig every dangerous corners and performing suicidal jumps to confirm i have not missed anything. i can probably ignore the searching element but it's not a good feeling to know i will be graded low eventually.

Can anyone share how the final scores are tabulated, eg impact of using checkpoints, time taken, death and what is grim harvest? Greatly appreciate if anyone could share advance gameplay tips and mechanisms.
10damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:37 AM   #7
Selenia

Your final score is however many pints you scored during the level itself, plus any end-level bonuses.

Each of the lines in the post-level screen has the potential to give you a 500-pint bonus (I'm not sure about Save Sigils, but I can confirm the rest). Finish the level quickly to get the time bonus, finish without dying to get the lives bonus, get all the pages, get a sufficiently high combo, etc.

Grim Harvest is just enemy kills--killing all the enemies in the level will net you the 500-pint bonus for it, as well as the Blood Badge.
Selenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:24 AM   #8
SpookyAndrew

Selenia is correct.
Although it should be noted that getting a REALLY good score typically doesn't depend on getting all of the bonuses, it's about maintaining combos and farming points, but that should be a separate thread.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #9
Selenia

A fair point, although it's hard for me to imagine managing to get an S-rank *without* also picking up the majority of the bonuses, since they're typically components of a high-scoring run: Finish without dying (might have to cast some save sigils, but mostly hold onto them for double point mode), kill everything, find all the pages, and get a high max combo--that's 2000 bonus points at the end of the level that you can rely on and factor into figuring out if the run you're making is "good enough" prior to the finish.
Selenia is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > They Bleed Pixels