Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Old 09-04-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
Brutis_Buckeye

Question Increase in hackers?

I know what you're thinking. Another one of those "OMG, hackers, everywhere", but since i havent played tf2 since july, Ive joined two servers, and came across aimbotters. Now, how do I know they are, simple. One, Im an invsiable spy from a far, and the guy is able to hit me with no mistakes. Second, I spectate and watch him aimming in first person, and it clearly shows the traits that an aimbotter uses.

Now, the first server I found this on, was a Valve server. That was my mistake since thats where I usually find hackers at. But this other one was on a VAC protected server, and he was just blasting away with his all crits and autoaim (aka aimbot) script.

SO, my question is that have the number of hackers increased during the summer, or have they been the same, and its just me who happens to find them? Also, which servers tend to be good at detecting hackers and banning them? So far, the only one I think off the top of my head is Railbait, and it was able to detect this guy's hack script, and banned him after 5 minutes or so.

And for all "Y u mad bro?" or "rage much?" responses, please, try to be civil. Im not angry or mad, Im just wondering if its my luck that I happen to join a server where there is a hacker, or if there is actually an increase in hackers. And people who hack, are just annoying
Old 09-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #2
Chernoobyl

Every time there is something that brings in new players (pyromania and MvM more recently) it seems to bring in more hackers. I suppose they hack away until the vac ban gets going and then they get mad that they got caught.
Chernoobyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
sandman9601

It's just bad luck. Throughout the entire summer I saw 2 hackers. Far below average.
sandman9601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:04 AM   #4
Spyro Cool

Y u mad bro? rage much?

I'm joking. Honestly, I don't ever remember seeing hackers on TF2 when I'm playing. So I can't really comment.
Spyro Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:05 AM   #5
NinjaScot

I've been playing for at least three years now and I've only ever encountered one hacker. I think it's the servers you're playing on.
NinjaScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:11 AM   #6
'ello'

Haven't played much else besides MvM since it's release but over the years I've played I can say I've encountered maybe 5 hackers.

Usually on Valve servers when I was trolling around.
Usually Speed, Aimbot, Crit hackers.

Very small # compared to the amount of people playing.
'ello' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #7
Brutis_Buckeye

I agree that it seems to be whenever there is new update, there is a slight increase in hackers, but they quickly drop in numbers shortly after. But yeah, go figure. My luck lol
Brutis_Buckeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #8
camman1995

It's times like these that I feel like the only person who plays TF2 who has never encountered even a single hacker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutis_Buckeye View Post
Now, the first server I found this on, was a Valve server. That was my mistake since thats where I usually find hackers at. But this other one was on a VAC protected server, and he was just blasting away with his all crits and autoaim (aka aimbot) script.
Two things stood out to me about this. One, Valve servers are VAC protected, despite what you seem to believe. Two, I'm pretty sure it's impossible for someone to hack themselves into having a higher crit ratio, so the crits were purely a coincidence.
camman1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #9
TheLastTemplar

Quote:
Originally Posted by camman1995 View Post
Two, I'm pretty sure it's impossible for someone to hack themselves into having a higher crit ratio, so the crits were purely a coincidence.
I can tell you from experience that crithacks do in fact exist. But you're correct that Valve servers are VAC secured.

EDIT: Not experience with hacking, experience with hackers :P
TheLastTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #10
CarlZalph

Quote:
Originally Posted by camman1995 View Post
Two things stood out to me about this. One, Valve servers are VAC protected, despite what you seem to believe. Two, I'm pretty sure it's impossible for someone to hack themselves into having a higher crit ratio, so the crits were purely a coincidence.
How nice it is to be oblivious.
To live in such a fantasy world.

VAC uses a delayed ban system.
So cheaters will have that time period to frolic around.

Crit chance can be predicted, and in the case of projectiles forced by the client.
There's an exploit that lets them do this that Valve introduced a while back, but feels no need to fix.
Like all of the other exploits.
CarlZalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #11
camman1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlZalph View Post
How nice it is to be oblivious.
To live in such a fantasy world.

Quote:
VAC uses a delayed ban system.
So cheaters will have that time period to frolic around.
This, I knew. I felt that it went without saying, as he encountered a hacker (apparently a blatant one) in a Valve server.

Quote:
Crit chance can be predicted, and in the case of projectiles forced by the client.
There's an exploit that lets them do this that Valve introduced a while back, but feels no need to fix.
Like all of the other exploits.
This, I didn't know.
camman1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #12
HintonBE

It's not just you that's noticed problems; been happening to me as well.

I don't play on Valve servers very often, but on the servers I join at random (trying to find a decent server - with no luck, I might add), every once in a while I run into a hacker.

And it does seem to be getting worse, even though I only play on VAC servers.
HintonBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #13
Oneirohero

Angry Crithacks suck, like being killed instantly by a heavy WALKING INTO ME!

The hackers I hate the most are the ones that have a script that allows them to change their name periodically and often into the names of legitimate players in the match. I'm not well versed enough on how to kickvote someone who does that and usually they change their name before I'm able to hunt them down on the UI or console.

kickid lets you ban by unique ID but the hell I know how to find that out in the middle of a match.
Oneirohero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #14
mreeuwij

VAC doesn't say all hackers are banned immediately. Takes usually 6-10 weeks before one is banned for hacking on a VAC protected server.

All valve servers have VAC enabled afaik. As the VAC ban takes time, they can play those 6 to 10 weeks before being banned. Its up to communities to ban them in the mean time. Also, VAC doesn't detect all cheats.
mreeuwij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #15
AngryUnibrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneirohero View Post
The hackers I hate the most are the ones that have a script that allows them to change their name periodically and often into the names of legitimate players in the match. I'm not well versed enough on how to kickvote someone who does that and usually they change their name before I'm able to hunt them down on the UI or console.

kickid lets you ban by unique ID but the hell I know how to find that out in the middle of a match.
Ive seen this in a match once. A guy was playing as hoovy and moving all over the place without his legs moving and at the end of the round he would change his name to someone else on the team.
AngryUnibrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2