Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Old 09-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #1
F60Outrunn

steam skins?

i was just wondering where do you go to get steam skins? because i found my old one out of a fluke, and since the latest steam update it obviously dosent show the new features (plus it glitched to hell), since the latest update is fairly recent are there even any skins that are up to date at all? any help is useful thankyou.

note - i dont see why there cant be a steam skins section on the steam community part of the steam store, seems like a no brainer to me, anyway hope you can help.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:37 AM   #2
s333ftricky

Quote:
Originally Posted by F60Outrunn View Post
i was just wondering where do you go to get steam skins? because i found my old one out of a fluke, and since the latest steam update it obviously dosent show the new features (plus it glitched to hell), since the latest update is fairly recent are there even any skins that are up to date at all? any help is useful thankyou.
There is a thread here maintained by Evil Incarnate with an index of skins (Including links to screenshots, thread and download)
s333ftricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:54 AM   #3
F60Outrunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by s333ftricky View Post
There is a thread here maintained by Evil Incarnate with an index of skins (Including links to screenshots, thread and download)
thanks for the link, but the vast majority that arent up to date with the latest steam update, and it seems most that are - are manga ones, which is something i am not really interested in, is there a unofficial site or something that has steam skins? (i would use pixelvision, but since that is the one i used and it glitched to hell i guess i am stuck with the default skin for now, thanks anyway
F60Outrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #4
Savage Alien

Quote:
thanks for the link, but the vast majority that arent up to date with the latest steam update, and it seems most that are - are manga ones, which is something i am not really interested iny
I don't understand what you're saying here. You say that the skins that are NOT up to date are manga skins and then you say you're not interested in manga skins, so what's the problem? lol

Anyway:

The popular ones, and most maintained, will show up on the last few pages of this forum with the prefix "[skin]" or similar. Like mine has the thread title, "[skin] - Savvy UI". The PixelVision thread title is "[skin] PixelVision".

Every time Steam adds new features, skin makers have to update, too. This might be the case with yours, have you tried updating?

Last edited by Savage Alien: 09-09-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Savage Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
F60Outrunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Alien View Post
I don't understand what you're saying here. You say that the skins that are NOT up to date are manga skins and then you say you're not interested in manga skins, so what's the problem? lol

Anyway:

The popular ones, and most maintained, will show up on the last few pages of this forum with the prefix "[skin]" or similar. Like mine has the thread title, "[skin] - Savvy UI". The PixelVision thread title is "[skin] PixelVision".

Every time Steam adds new features, skin makers have to update, too. This might be the case with yours, have you tried updating?
ah ha! thanks for putting up with me! i have pixelvision working again now, thanks for your help! this post can be closed now
F60Outrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:43 AM   #6
Shaneluls39199

pixelvision and windows 8 skins are the 2 most up to date and popular
Shaneluls39199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #7
s333ftricky

Quote:
is there a unofficial site or something that has steam skins?
Nope, but if there is enough interested I might considering whacking something together to list them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaneluls39199 View Post
pixelvision and windows 8 skins are the 2 most up to date and popular
TDD Skin is up there to..
s333ftricky is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion