Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Borderlands

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 09-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #16
ElijahChondo43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spadis View Post
/Thread to be 100% honest.

Someone would have spoken up by now if there was an official answer.

As far as I can remember back when dead island came out, the only answer we ever got was a mixed signal response.
If gearbox have a problem with this id be very very surprised seeing how good there being to there fans, especially pc users.
Xbox and Ps3 users already have legit copies of there games, which is technically against the rules as its breaking the street date.
As far as people should be concerned, if there's no official answer by 5am GMT tomorrow, id imagine that there is going to be thousands of people using vpn's to unlock the game.
When you buy from Amazon you can receive the copies early because of shipping. So technically they are breaking the street date and then they aren't.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #17
shivars

I know I've already posted and I'm being a bit sad now, but I agree with here:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...2937168&page=3

BUYing a game using a VPN for any reason is lame and liable to get you banned because it can be seen as fraudulent - not just by Valve but by your government/tax authority/whoever.

unlocking it early seems somewhat trivial - but we should remain within the ToS, or complain officially to Valve that the ToS is lame. One of those two things.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #18
Mokk

It's probably not the best idea given that you can be punished for it by any given party but let's be realistic here: Before borderlands released the devs were playing online with people who had pirated versions hours before release and didn't do a thing about it.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #19
shivars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokk View Post
Before borderlands released the devs were playing online with people who had pirated versions hours before release and didn't do a thing about it.
Seriously? I'm not sure if that is the most awesome thing I've ever heard...or the saddest

It is brilliant. But also sad it's still the pirates who get the best deal. I haven't pirated a game for nigh on a decade now (don't pirate, its bad!)... I even helped Kickstart Leisure Suit Larry to the tune of US$100 for guilt of copying it from a friend when I was a kid. Also 'cos I want to play more smut.

Anyway....
Old 09-17-2012, 04:54 PM   #20
99Reaper99

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivars View Post
It *is* frowned upon, and it *is* probably against the ToS
It is against it. Read the SSA or my quote above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahChondo43 View Post
When you buy from Amazon you can receive the copies early because of shipping. So technically they are breaking the street date and then they aren't.
Yeah, but they do usually time it right so you receive it the day of. At least my experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivars View Post
Seriously? I'm not sure if that is the most awesome thing I've ever heard...or the saddest
The only things I can think of why they'd do that is to use the pirates as bug testers before its release, since they're not paying them. Or while they were playing they were secretly tracking them down Dunno lol
Old 09-17-2012, 05:07 PM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #21
BurtonJ

Valve
No. That would be a violation of the SSA.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Borderlands