Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist

Old 09-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
exoriority

Payday 2

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/17/50...d-p13-in-2013/

I suppose this is a great news for overkill after their recent difficulties (between GRAW2 and Payday)

But for payday fans, I think I would prefer to just let overkill do it and keep the studio independent

I won't be much anticipating payday 2 in this case, different devs, AAA publisher (with some practices I disagree with)... but just glad that Overkill team had it all sorted out. You guys did amazing with Payday : The Heist

First time I acquired it I don't think I'll be playing it much... but instead it shoots up to my top list of hours spent in steam.

So thanks for all the support on this amazing games all these times!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:51 PM   #2
SamusDroid

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2931832
SamusDroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
KovarD

I dont think 505 Games is a AAA publisher...

But if Starbreeze keep with graphics and Overkill with gameplay, Payday 2 will be a perfect game.

Quote:
in development for the PSN, XBLA, and PC.
Nooo! Console port with dated graphics???!!
KovarD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:54 PM   #4
exoriority

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovarD View Post
I dont think 505 Games is a AAA publisher...

But if Starbreeze keep with graphics and Overkill with gameplay, Payday 2 will be a perfect game.
I mean EA bro...

I think they acquired both overkill and the payday IP

starbreeze & 505 was under EA as well
exoriority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #5
Lulzator

The devs won't be changed, Overkill will still be developing Payday 2 as I'm sure Starbreeze have the common sense to not fix something that ain't broke. Also EA doesn't own Starbreeze, they just published one of their games. It's like saying EA owns Valve because they published L4D and The Orange Box.
Lulzator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #6
exoriority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulzator View Post
The devs won't be changed, Overkill will still be developing Payday 2 as I'm sure Starbreeze have the common sense to not fix something that ain't broke.
*cough* syndicate *cough*
Old 09-17-2012, 10:02 PM   #7
Lulzator

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoriority View Post
EA owned the rights to the game, so they would have just paid Starbreeze to make the game under EA's instructions. Anyone could have developed it under the same conditions and it would have most likely turned out disappointing to the fanbase.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #8
KovarD

Quote:
Syndicate is a GREAT action game.

Only problem is a lack of support and bug kill patches (EA fault).
Old 09-17-2012, 10:46 PM   #9
exoriority

I think I misread the post 505 will be the publisher not EA... what games they had previously BTW?

Quote:
Syndicate is a GREAT action game.
Go play the original syndicate

By all means starbreeze is a great dev, knights of the temple, enclave, chronicles of riddick, etc.

But syndicate reboot was god awful... mostly because the switch to FPS genre.

Sort of like Fallout to Fallout 3... but I admit Fallout 3 was absolute blast tho.

[edit]http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/19/starbreeze-attempting-acquisition-of-payday-the-heist-studio/

it's much clearer for me now... I think I misinterpret the whole thing. Overkill now working under starbreeze. This means it would be good thing as long as starbreeze kept their hands away and give full authority for overkill to further develop payday franchise...

Starbreeze engine looks amazing even when I play escape from butcher bay back then. Payday 2 with recent starbreeze engine (syndicate engine) but with gameplay direction from overkill? Sort of want...

Last edited by exoriority: 09-17-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:05 AM   #10
Lulzator

Quote:
I think I misread the post 505 will be the publisher not EA... what games they had previously BTW?

it's much clearer for me now... I think I misinterpret the whole thing. Overkill now working under starbreeze. This means it would be good thing as long as starbreeze kept their hands away and give full authority for overkill to further develop payday franchise...

Starbreeze engine looks amazing even when I play escape from butcher bay back then. Payday 2 with recent starbreeze engine (syndicate engine) but with gameplay direction from overkill? Sort of want...
505 Games are just publishers and by no means as big as EA but have published a good amount of games to prove they're here to stay. The most famous game they published would be in my opinion the ARMA series. Going again in Starbreeze's defense on making a Syndicate FPS game, it was most likely EA's call probably trying to mimic the success of the Fallout reboot, which although I do agree with you Fallout 3 wasn't the best Fallout title would have to say New Vegas was amazing.

But I recall hearing on the forums from someone in Overkill saying in the sequel they will be sticking to the Overkill owned Diesel engine, most likely as it's an engine they have a lot of experience with them being the ones who created it during the pre-Overkill days. But yeah, from the sounds of it they are giving Overkill space to do things their way with what I hope will be better resources to make an even better game then what they could alone.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:51 AM   #11
KovarD

Quote:

Go play the original syndicate

By all means starbreeze is a great dev, knights of the temple, enclave, chronicles of riddick, etc.

But syndicate reboot was god awful... mostly because the switch to FPS genre.
I have no intentions to play a 20 years old Syndicate 1.

I would hate if Payday or Syndicate would be a third person shooter. I love a good FPS.

For me Syndicate is a GREAT on rail shooter. AWESOME graphics, GUI, design, architecture, music, sounds, immersion, gunplay, difficulty. I give 7,5/10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulzator View Post
But I recall hearing on the forums from someone in Overkill saying in the sequel they will be sticking to the Overkill owned Diesel engine, most likely as it's an engine they have a lot of experience with them being the ones who created it during the pre-Overkill days.
So what is the point they are working with Starbreeze?

They have a light years ahead engine that 60 devs are familiar with, but they will stick with a engine that dont have even facial animations because 20 devs are experienced with it?
Old 09-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #12
exoriority

Quote:
I have no intentions to play a 20 years old Syndicate 1.

I would hate if Payday or Syndicate would be a third person shooter. I love a good FPS.

For me Syndicate is a GREAT on rail shooter. AWESOME graphics, GUI, design, architecture, music, sounds, immersion, gunplay, difficulty. I give 7,5/10.
sorry to dissapoint you, but there're tons of other better games way much better than syndicate.

Honestly I haven't played the game, but neither do I intend to.

Quote:
So what is the point they are working with Starbreeze?

They have a light years ahead engine that 60 devs are familiar with, but they will stick with a engine that dont have even facial animations because 20 devs are experienced with it?
Honestly I'd rather them focusing on polishing instead of adding some non-critical bells and whistles like facial animation. So far payday has been bug-free for me. And it's lightweight too.

I'd like them do that again in payday 2... but I also won't mind a little bit of facelifts here and there without sacrificing performance much.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #13
Angry_Karma

Quote:
What does facial animations have to do with a good game? This isnt an RPG game where you need to try and read if someone is lying to you. They wear masks 95% of the game anyways.

Kids today do NOT know what makes a game good.
Angry_Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:14 AM   #14
thatvacbandguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Karma View Post
What does facial animations have to do with a good game? This isnt an RPG game where you need to try and read if someone is lying to you. They wear masks 95% of the game anyways.

Kids today do NOT know what makes a game good.
most kids i couple kids i know have respect in older games and dont jugde game based on the graphics more on gameplay and story line
thatvacbandguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #15
KovarD

Quote:
sorry to dissapoint you, but there're tons of other better games way much better than syndicate.

Honestly I haven't played the game, but neither do I intend to.
I'm not telling you Syndicate is the best game of all times.

Sure Syndicate have flaws, but is lightweight, beautifull and fun game.

Quote:
Honestly I'd rather them focusing on polishing instead of adding some non-critical bells and whistles like facial animation. So far payday has been bug-free for me. And it's lightweight too.

I'd like them do that again in payday 2... but I also won't mind a little bit of facelifts here and there without sacrificing performance much.
Payday have a great gameplay. But the graphics are really dated and ugly on some parts.

I don't know if you notice, but Payday have many glitches, issues and bugs.

I hope Overkill let this "indie-like-game" image to the past and develop a better game, better graphics, same gameplay, like a AAA game.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist