Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems

Old 09-18-2012, 05:11 AM   #1
Entrena

Exclamation New mouse, new problem

Hi, I just bought a Razer Abyssus mouse thinking It would be a nice upgrade, but everytime I scroll down/up with the mouse wheel at the steam shop or comunnity It takes just all the way up or down the page. I have checked the sensivity and all but nothing changes, anyone knows the way to fix It?
Old 09-18-2012, 05:27 AM   #2
Bad_Motha

Banned
Sometimes the base Windows Mouse settings might get in the way.
Double-Check in Control Panel > Mouse and set the scrolling to 1 line at a time. And also double-check that it is not set in this screen to scroll "one screen at a time"; as this option is what would cause a page to scroll from start to finish in a single scroll.

Once the scroll line is changed to 1 and applied, then open the Razor software and mess with it's scroll wheel sensitivity to get the wheel where you want.

Even with my Logitech G500 I had to do this, as before I had a Microsoft mouse and the scroll lines kinda needed to be between 3 and 6. But with the new G500, anything above 3 is too much and the result is my scroll wheel is much too sensitive.

Last edited by Bad_Motha: 09-18-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Bad_Motha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:18 AM   #3
Entrena

Hellyeah! It worked, will take sometime to adjust It smoothly but works now, a million thanks, ill try to add rep to you
Entrena is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems