Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 09-19-2012, 05:32 AM   #1
gadzooki

SteamMountAppFilesystem error 5 - Race 07

Hey everyone,

Been trying like mad since yesterday to get Race 07 working. I know that a recent Steam update pretty much hosed the game, but it seems like most people were able to get it working again through a myriad of solutions. Well, I tried everything I could possibly find on this site and still have had no luck. The closest I can get to the thing running is to right click on the game executable itself and run as an administrator (Win7). When I do that I get SteamMountAppFilesystem (44620, 4294967295, 0x177af53c) failed with error 5: No Steam Content Servers are available. Trying to run the game any other way results with the config screen popping up repeatedly and the game never attempting to launch (I watch it through Process Explorer). This is a vanilla install of Race 07, no addons, and yes I have tried reinstalling steam, the game, and deleting all of the SimBin folders that hold the config data to no avail. I've also tried renaming the ClientRegistry.blob and letting it rebuild on a steam reboot to no luck either.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, as I'm sort of bummed I just threw out a few bucks for a completely broken game that looks awesome but I may never get to play. If anyone needs more information I'd be happy to provide it!
Old 09-20-2012, 06:18 AM   #2
gadzooki

Anyone from Steam have any ideas here?
gadzooki is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips