Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Torchlight series

Old 09-20-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
Angus Kart

Puzzle in wellspring level 2

Im playing solo and Im trying to solve the levers/ice block maze puzzle on Wellspring Temple level 2.

The problem is, it seriously appears to be for 2 or more players only and I cant seem to get through it with just one player hitting those switches in three 3 locations.

Anyone know how I can get past it to the blocked treasure room or is it not doable solo? Perhaps Im missing something but Ive gone over it fairly thoroughly.

If it is only solved by multiple players then I hope thats not going to be a common issue.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
Coolcat33333

I know the multiplayer is down now.

But don't tell me seriously you bought this game to play by yourself.
Coolcat33333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:25 PM   #3
MuntarDrake

All puzzles were solo capable in the beta, just required a little rethinking and trial and error. Not sure if they did the same but try to flip a switch and see what moves on the display, there are multiple openings that may close off the entrance but open a different route to another switch.
MuntarDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:30 PM   #4
Angus Kart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuntarDrake View Post
All puzzles were solo capable in the beta, just required a little rethinking and trial and error. Not sure if they did the same but try to flip a switch and see what moves on the display, there are multiple openings that may close off the entrance but open a different route to another switch.
Yea thanks. I must be missing something then, but I checked every switch and what routes they opened multiple times.

Either I missed a set of levers or theres some other trick I havent figured out yet. But Ive tried every possible combination and order of the 3 pairs of levers.
There is a diagram/model layout right by each pair that shows you what blocks appear and disappear as you hit the switches.

The only way to open the last block to the treasure also blocks the route from the switch you need to hit to open it.
Angus Kart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:34 PM   #5
Angus Kart

False alarm.

It can definitely be done solo.

I missed some of the switch positions on the middle set of switches. I thought it wasnt working but you have to be standing in one spoecific spot for that set of levers to work for some reason. The others are not that picky.

Though that puzzle is definitely a case where multiple players would make it trivial.

Plus the treasure wasnt all that great anyway.

Last edited by Angus Kart: 09-20-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Angus Kart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:53 PM   #6
TeepKick

Actually I came across the same issue trying to solve the puzzle on this level & the thread op is correct. The puzzle is singleplayer-bugged as you can only clear the last large blue glass block and access the room if you have a second player out in the main area. There is only one correct series of lever combinations in the three separate rooms to open the last blue glass block obstacle & when you do this, you get trapped in one of the lever rooms if your playing without someone else.
TeepKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:54 PM   #7
Semaphia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeepKick View Post
Actually I came across the same issue trying to solve the puzzle on this level & the thread op is correct. The puzzle is singleplayer-bugged as you can only clear the last large blue glass block and access the room if you have a second player out in the main area. There is only one correct series of lever combinations in the three separate rooms to open the last blue glass block obstacle & when you do this, you get trapped in one of the lever rooms if your playing without someone else.
As long as it's an optional area, I don't really mind.

When you play LittleBigPlanet, there are some areas that you can't get to unless you're playing 2/3/4 player co-op. You can still complete the game without them, and revisit the areas at a later date with a friend or two
Semaphia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:34 PM   #8
Sifer2

lol I finished it solo earlier. All it took was me realizing that if you flip them right there is more than one way to get back to the original set of switches. Yeah two people could make it trivial but it's trivial for one person as well if you give it a little thought. Unless the randomized terrain bugged it out on you.
Sifer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:39 PM   #9
Scorch238

I've seen two of these puzzles and they were both the same (which made me sad, the potential for multiple versions of the puzzle is definitely there).

I also solved both of them in a minute or two, by myself.

Here's a hint: There are three "sets" of blocks, and the they all move northeast/southwest, depending on which lever you flip. I was able to solve the puzzle by working my way from one table to the next in a roughly clockwise direction (You may have to go back, I can't remember right now). There may be other solutions, but that's how I did it.
Scorch238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:42 PM   #10
Molotov Slacker

Can confirm these work solo, but did notice on the 2nd one that I had to stand in a certain spot to get some of the levers to activate.

I would love to try these in MP but.... well Runic's version of shortly is turning into a CCP's version of Soon (please don't let it be that long).
Molotov Slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:52 AM   #11
TeepKick

Must have been the level bugging on me. I came across the exact same puzzle about an hour or so further into the story in a diff dungeon & the levers worked as they should in there. Went back and the Wallspring L2 area still didn't work.

I saved, quit out the game, then re-entered Wallspring L2 again. Did the exact same lever process and it worked first time. Problem solved. Just needed to restart the game.

Wish the current multiplayer problems were that simple to fix !
TeepKick is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Torchlight series