Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Saints Row The Third

Old 09-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
Nova Prospekt

A few questions related to integration of the DLC's into the game.

So, i recently bought -

SR3 Maximum Pleasure Pack
Bloodsuckers Pack
Z Style Pack
Season Pass

ATM, in the game all i have left to do is -

1.Vehicle thefts
2.Survival Waves

Now, right now, these are in my inventory.I haven't used them.Before doing so, i would like to ask a few questions -

1.Should i complete all survivals first?because i've done only 10, and i keep running around but i rarely get phone calls for survival.I fear using the DLC might glitch all survivals from happening altogether.

2.How will DLC be accessed in game?

3.Anymore DLC's that i didn't buy that are good/fun according to you?

4.How long are the mission DLC's?

5.The toughest DLC Achievements to get?(No spoilers please)
Old 09-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #2
MonkeySeeker

1. The DLC had no effect on my receiving Survival calls if you're that worried wait but you should still be able to do them after activating the DLC.

2. In the case of outfits they will be in your "wardrobe" which is accessible either at a safehouse or a clothing stores

In the case of weapons they will be accessible when you're choosing which weapons to carry, this can be done either at a safehouse or at a weapon store.

Vehicles will be accessible from your garage/hangar/helipad (depending on the vehicle obviously). Garage vehicles are also accessible from repair garages

The bloodsucking ability from the bloodsucker pack (replaces the necksnap move) is enabled automatically when you activate the DLC and isn't removable once activated. There is however a mod available that lets you disable them if you would rather go back to the necksnap.

Missions from the DLC are started like any other mission, you select it from the phone menu then drive to the location.

3. I was going to mention the Funtime pack but realized that is part of the Maximum Pleasure pack so no nothing else I can think of.

4. Not that long to be honest maybe an hour each. Genkibowl maybe a bit longer maybe 1.5 hours.

5. The toughest achievement for me was one called "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" in the Genkibowl DLC. It took me a good number of attempts to do that one. The rest were pretty easy, many were done as I played through the DLCs.

Last edited by MonkeySeeker: 09-22-2012 at 01:40 PM.
MonkeySeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #3
Lord_Freezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySeeker View Post
The bloodsucking ability from the bloodsucker pack (replaces the necksnap move) is enabled automatically when you activate the DLC and isn't removable once activated. There is however a mod available that lets you disable them if you would rather go back to the necksnap.
It also unlocks a heap of stuff that is normally locked, which makes obtaining money and respect too easy. There are also several different mods which affect this dlc, most just block the content so it is unobtainable, but this one (file is at bottom of post) turns the dlc into regular perks that can be bought over the phone if you so choose, instead of forcing them on you. Installation is easy, you just download, un rar and stick in the root SR3 folder.

(Coincidentally I was the one who made the mod, but when you know it does the best job where's the shame in a bit of self promotion?)
Lord_Freezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
LionsPhil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova Prospekt View Post
Now, right now, these are in my inventory.
Hunh. Did you buy them as a gift, but can gift them to yourself, or something?

Quote:
Missions from the DLC are started like any other mission, you select it from the phone menu then drive to the location.
Cheers for clarifying that. Are they marked separate from the core missions somehow?

I'm looking at getting the Season Pass and FUNTIME!, but don't want anything that's going to skip/replace/change the balance of the core game, since I haven't finished it yet. (I was a bit miffed that a mission reward at one point was having a district cleared for me---I picked one I'd already 95% completed. Why would I want to not play parts of the game?)

Last edited by LionsPhil: 09-23-2012 at 01:01 PM.
LionsPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:01 PM   #5
MonkeySeeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsPhil View Post
Hunh. Did you buy them as a gift, but can gift them to yourself, or something?
Yes, if you buy them as a gift you can put them in your inventory and either redeem them yourself or send them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsPhil View Post
Cheers for clarifying that. Are they marked separate from the core missions somehow?

I'm looking at getting the Season Pass and FUNTIME!, but don't want anything that's going to skip/replace/change the balance of the core game, since I haven't finished it yet. (I was a bit miffed that a mission reward at one point was having a district cleared for me---I picked one I'd already 95% completed. Why would I want to not play parts of the game?)
The missions are not marked separately no, though they are always the bottom ones on the list of available missions.

Also in the case of Genkibowl, one phone call unlocks the easy instance of the event on the map, once done a medium appears on the map you do not need to use the phone you just drive to it. Using the phone starts the next different event in the DLC.

You will be fine with the Season Pass and the FUNTIME! Pack, they don't add any respect or cash or anything like that. You'll want to avoid the bloodsucker pack and the unlocker pack also gives a complete district reward.

Last edited by MonkeySeeker: 09-23-2012 at 11:11 PM.
MonkeySeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:09 AM   #6
LionsPhil

Ok, thanks!
LionsPhil is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Saints Row The Third