Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Borderlands

Old 09-27-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
BenderX

Arrow Borderlands 2 - Best Class

What do you guys think the best Borderlands 2 Class is?

Apparently, the best class is Siren: Best Borderlands 2 Class

Axton - Soldier / Commander / Commando
Probably the best for soloing. Lost the support skills the original turret soldier class had in the first game though. Depends on the turret(s) too much.

Maya - Siren
High damage per second and does awesome elemental attacks. She has support skills now. Possibly the most powerful class in the game. Best support class.

Zer0 - Assassin
Best melee damage. Possibly higher attacks than Maya even. Sniping doesn't work in all situations though.

Salvador - Gunzerker
Definitely the most fun class. Easy to wipe out crowds of enemies. Can be a tank too, but that sacrifices power.

Gaige - Mechromancer
Apparently she will be good for soloing and even support so maybe the best support class for a duo party or bigger group. Until then, Maya has this.

What do you guys think?

I haven't been able to try out all the characters yet, but I picked Soldier the first time around.

This time around, I'm using Maya the Siren and also Axton the Commando. I miss the ammo regenerating abilities of Roland!

Edit: After seeing my friend play, I can largely say that a high leveled Axton or Mechromancer could in fact be the most powerful (at least for soloing).

Check out Borderlands 2: Best Solo Class for details on a good solo build. Do note though, that I think the Nuke skill is a complete life savor since it scatters the enemies and gives you room to (A) Escape (B) Hide / Heal / Recharge Shields. The nuke skill can be annoying though if you're in co-op since your partner may be down on the ground trying to kill an enemy to revive, and then the nuke makes the enemy fly 5000 feet away :x

Last edited by BenderX: 11-05-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:41 PM   #2
Nite69

Banned
It will be a while before I can answer this, I plan to do a completely run of the game with all them eventually, I started with Commando
Nite69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
agent0kevin

Ive been playing Z3r0 as a jack of all trades type. Focusing all skill points and tokens on crits and anything that helps with gun kills. Im completely ignoring melee in his skill trees, and anything not gun related whenever possible in the toekn distribution. Its been going very well; I rarely die. Im playing solo ATM; my partner has been AFK for like 3 days now :P
agent0kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #4
PinkPanther21

One thing that makes the game easier than it would otherwise be is that, once you have access to your special abilities, the cooldown period is pretty brief - even before you get to where you can shorten the cooldown period - and the special abilities are damned helpful. I've mainly played as Axton and that turret is pretty effective.
PinkPanther21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #5
BenderX

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite69 View Post
It will be a while before I can answer this, I plan to do a completely run of the game with all them eventually, I started with Commando
Commando ftw!

One of the reasons I like him so much is that...I can be super lazy. Don't know where an enemy is shooting from? Deploy the turret = problem solved =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent0kevin View Post
Ive been playing Z3r0 as a jack of all trades type. Focusing all skill points and tokens on crits and anything that helps with gun kills. Im completely ignoring melee in his skill trees, and anything not gun related whenever possible in the toekn distribution. Its been going very well; I rarely die. Im playing solo ATM; my partner has been AFK for like 3 days now :P
Uh oh. You'll end up out-leveling your partner fast then.

I only get to co-op with people for this game on Sundays so it's hard to stay the same level as my friends. Axton was a good solution since I'm always soloing, but Zer0 has some very useful skills and can escape some hard situations easily. His ninja sword is pretty awesome too xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPanther21 View Post
One thing that makes the game easier than it would otherwise be is that, once you have access to your special abilities, the cooldown period is pretty brief - even before you get to where you can shorten the cooldown period - and the special abilities are damned helpful. I've mainly played as Axton and that turret is pretty effective.
I'm looking forward to when I can deploy 2 turrets with 2 guns on them that both shoot missiles. Extra pwnage!
BenderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #6
InfestedAdam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenderX View Post
I'm looking forward to when I can deploy 2 turrets with 2 guns on them that both shoot missiles. Extra pwnage!
You'll need another eight levels won't yer? So in maybe one or two DLCs assuming its similar to what Armoury of General Knoxx gave us.
InfestedAdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #7
darkdk

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfestedAdam View Post
You'll need another eight levels won't yer? So in maybe one or two DLCs assuming its similar to what Armoury of General Knoxx gave us.
Jaaa they always raise the level cap with DLCs. Plus extra points from special quests.

Should be achievable eventually at least!
darkdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #8
Quizn0s

I've only played as the Gunzerker so far, and I don't really care if he's the most powerful or not; running into a crowd of enemies with a giant gun in each hand is just awesome.
Quizn0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #9
seseorang

I play as the Siren. The Phaselock has been pretty useful so far. Keeping that enemy out of the way while you concentrate on more immediate threats. This can be modified so it gives health to you and your team.

On larger opponents the Phaselock will not be able to raise large enemies but instead deal damage. Effective with Buzzards and Constructors and high damage output in this situation
seseorang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:06 AM   #10
Scyris

Phaselock is also good for killing those annoying threshers, doesn't lock them in mid air, but it'll always smack them for a ton of damage.

I'd have to say the gunzerker is the best overall, 2 guns, action skill that regens hp and ammo, and I heard (correct me if I am wrong) you can skill Salvador a certan way so your action skill is almost always available. Which makes him even more broken since well, best damage in game comes from the guns in general.

Maya is useful at crowd control, especally down the far left tree, with phaselock becoming able to turn enemies on each other, and a high chance for it to jump to others, she also has really high dps if you use smgs, I have a level 20 Cat mod that is +86% smg damage, made my 88 damage Smgs do more than most other guns save for snipers, and shotguns(well shotguns when they work properly).

Axion is kinda a mixed bag, I think he depends way to much on the turret and the turret is not available often enough, he seems to lack alot of damage the other chars have when the turret is down.

Zer0.. Looks gay so never played him, kinda like Mordecai in borderlands one, Snipers are nice but they have limited uses, and bringing a knife to a gunfight is just stupidness in and of itself. From what I read on zero he depends way to much on snipers or melee to do any real damage.

The Mecromancer.. better summon some kick- mech or a powered suit with guns and stuff she gets in for her action skill or else it just won't feel right XD.
Scyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #11
BenderX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyris View Post
Zer0.. Looks gay so never played him, kinda like Mordecai in borderlands one
Lol =p His intro made him look a bit badass though (turning invisible and popping up behind bad guy #1, stabbing him, then kicking bad guy #2 into the blade)

I haven't had a chance to actually use Zer0 much yet, so I dunno, but from a lot of things I've read he apparently has the highest damage. That doesn't necessarily make him the best class though.

Quote:
and bringing a knife to a gunfight is just stupidness in and of itself.
I've surprisingly encountered many situations where an enemy gets in my face and reloading my gun would take longer than a quick melee attack that would kill the enemy.

That and to get some badass points you gotta melee
BenderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #12
Blackops

Maya is probably the best and Axton is the best for solo play. I'm still debating if I'm going to create a Gaige once she comes out in a few weeks. I probably will for the DLC so I have a good choice of characters to use.
Blackops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #13
Nite69

Banned
Quote:
Commando ftw!

One of the reasons I like him so much is that...I can be super lazy. Don't know where an enemy is shooting from? Deploy the turret = problem solved =P
LOL yep, I love the assault rifle and the turret
Nite69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #14
Nifroon

Quote:
Lol =p His intro made him look a bit badass though (turning invisible and popping up behind bad guy #1, stabbing him, then kicking bad guy #2 into the blade)

I haven't had a chance to actually use Zer0 much yet, so I dunno, but from a lot of things I've read he apparently has the highest damage. That doesn't necessarily make him the best class though.

I've surprisingly encountered many situations where an enemy gets in my face and reloading my gun would take longer than a quick melee attack that would kill the enemy.

That and to get some badass points you gotta melee
If you go the right skill tree, he has an insane amount of melee damage output. And because his skill has such a low cooldown, you can spam it all fight. My main strategy when a group of enemies shows up is to use his skill, look for the strongest enemy, then backstab it getting an instakill. Proceed to kill the rest. Also, throwing grenades doesn't break stealth.
Nifroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #15
Jgamer

axton cuz of the turrets
Jgamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Borderlands