Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Rochard

Old 09-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
xenit

Rochard 2 preview

Here's a video recorded from the Rochard 2 Rochard 2 preview.

This pre-production stage preview uses assets and mechanics mostly from the original game, but there are lot of new mechanics planned. The project is on hold, but once we get the funding settled we are ready to continue.

Please tell us what you think.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:38 PM   #2
ansys

I loved the original Rochard and will buy the second one in a minute. The movie looks great. Playing with the end game mechanics and new ones will be amazing. Looking foward.
ansys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:57 AM   #3
atti_b

Kickstarter may be your solution. I'm pretty sure you already thought about it. I own and like Rochard and I would like to play sequels. If you go the Kickstarter way, the only suggestion would be to plan out well the tiers, give a chance to more people, to get something to play for a smaller fee. I've seen people limiting to over $15 the first game related tier, while under $15 contributors get only wallpapers, credits listing, etc. I think more people will pay if they get something to play for under $15, at least the DLC. While I believe $15 is a reasonable price for getting the game, not everyone have that sum or willing to pay. Good luck with that and your future projects!
atti_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
xenit

Definitely, Kickstarter and Indiegogo have been in our plans. Unfortunately it's still unclear whether it's legal in Finland: collecting money is restricted to charity organizations. Goods can be presold but I think they should have fixed price.

Edit: It definitely is possible to organize this through a foreign corporation.

Last edited by xenit: 10-02-2012 at 10:27 AM.
xenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:46 AM   #5
raupi

What ever you come up with, let us know when the time comes. Rochard is an awesome game and it would be a shame if you could not create a sequel just because i can't give my money to you in advance. Call it a long term preorder if it helps
raupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:15 AM   #6
xenit

Thank you for your order!

Those who like the game can help us by recommending it to their friends using Steam (there's even a button for that ).
xenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #7
bm00

Looks great, so happy for a sequel to be in the works. As soon as a pre-order is available you can count on myself along with many, many others to purchase for sure.
bm00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:12 AM   #8
thetechfreak

Loved the original game. So hoping sequel is as good
thetechfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:39 PM   #9
tarasis

Looks like a nice continuation. Such a shame you have had to have it on hold all this time.
tarasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:51 PM   #10
aklo

very fun game, got mine from humble bundle 6 paid about 12 bucks(for everything) I have it on hold until only recently when I started playing and i'm really amazed at the quality of the game.

Graphics, music, gameplay, level design are all top notch. Rochard should really get more recognition...if enough people know about it, I don't see how it can't sell 100k or more copies in the first few days. Personally I rate the game play as fun as some AAA+ titles. The entire game just looks like it is produced with multi-million dollar budget.

I haven't had such fun with a platform game since I played super mario on my nintendo gameboy! This game is even more creative than the usual side scrolling shoot'em up games.

Edit: Yes definitely getting rochard 2

Last edited by aklo: 10-26-2012 at 11:06 PM.
aklo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Rochard