Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 10-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
Azzu

Just for anyone still wondering, here is the list of tickets fixed from 64bitvps

There were multiple people saying that Valve never listens and doesn't even look at the bugtracker, well, here is the counterproof! (is that even a word?)

Animations should be adjusted to be in sync with the actual action. Many reload animations are shorter than the actual reload time, causing mistakes where Players incompletely reload

Adding connect command into autoexec.cfg cause game crashing after start

When you kill a player on the enemy team with the same team tag as you, the kill will count as friendly fire and you will lose money for a teamkill

Re-buy button in the buy menu re-buy all the stuff from all the rounds, even the pistol round.

The badges in the Main Menu should appear corresponding to your Achievements. Main Menu Badges and Achievements Menu Badges do not match up.

The “Community Servers may include maps and modes that offer a different experience than official servers” pop up should be given a “Never show this pop up again” option.

map (and other) votes sometimes inaccessible while dead or spectating, hitting the number or function keys to vote hasnt got any effect until the next round starts

Mac users can only talk on mic successfully the first time, after specific events (such as round end) they cannot talk in-game (Probably fixed)

Clean the console with unnecessary things like errors/unknown commands etc. For better console readability.

X-Ray sometimes shows enemy team too. (Probably fixed)

X-Ray sometimes stays in screen when team mate died. (Probably fixed)

steam:\connect protocol does not work with CS:GO; says “You do not have this 3rd party mod installed.”

We can’t join to another server from community browser because of unknown command “joingame”

Scoreboard Tab Function Switches from Hold to Toggle After Halftime

HUD missing when playing back demos

CS:GO Game Client crashes sporadically while in Spectator Mode
Old 10-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
vtecy0

Good patch I think. Not to keen on the new match making as people still left and their places were not filled. Also, takes much longer to enter a game now. But happy with all the bug fixes.
vtecy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:25 PM   #3
killaruna

Great patch, I just think they should have included the top tickets too.
killaruna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
FOBioPatel

Excellent work Azzu! Many 64bitvps tickets got addressed in this patch, it's very exciting to see community feedback in a patch!
FOBioPatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #5
effenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzu View Post
There were multiple people saying that Valve never listens and doesn't even look at the bugtracker, well, here is the counterproof! (is that even a word?)

Re-buy button in the buy menu re-buy all the stuff from all the rounds, even the pistol round.
This ticket wasn't "fixed" in the wrong way?

The ticket asked for

Expected or Desired Behavior:

It will re-buy all the stuff you have buy from all the rounds instead of re-buying the stuff of the last round only.

and they made

Fixed in 1.20: “-The Buy Previous hotkey in the buy menu now only buys things that you purchased in the previous round.”

which seems the oposite of what was the asked in the ticket.

Last edited by effenberg: 10-01-2012 at 08:44 PM.
effenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #6
ChocOrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzu View Post
All were reported in the forums. Whilst the bugtracker may be a decent idea there is no way for Valve to show a priority or even an acknowledgement of a bug in it.

It's a pity Valve never followed up on its commitment to post lists of bugs. That really would have shown commitment.

No fix for private password servers? That's hardly listening to a community regardless of any bugtracker. EVERY league match in EVERY country can have random players joining because passwords are broken!!! And yes there are other places where bugs are reported and sometimes responded to by Valve employees.

IDO, hassles your guys to fix the passwords please
ChocOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #7
FOBioPatel

valve has backdoor access to the bugtracker, they can see the votes, and sort by votes.

end users do not get this view, to help newly reported issues get equal exposure and attention from voters

if you think the bugtracker is not effective you're entitled to that opinion; but i can't see how it wasn't significant in shaping the outcome of this last patch
Old 10-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #8
En Ex

This website is really fantastic. I've submitted several bugs to it so far, as I feel that they stand a good chance of being addressed (and this thread proves these bugs are being addressed.)

Props to the site's creators for their hard work!
En Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #9
var1ables

Quote:
Originally Posted by effenberg View Post
This ticket wasn't "fixed" in the wrong way?

The ticket asked for

Expected or Desired Behavior:

It will re-buy all the stuff you have buy from all the rounds instead of re-buying the stuff of the last round only.

and they made

Fixed in 1.20: “-The Buy Previous hotkey in the buy menu now only buys things that you purchased in the previous round.”

which seems the oposite of what was the asked in the ticket.
No. What you're suggested had always been in the game. So - if you're like me an joke around some rounds - and buy a FIVE SEVEN or something as a joke one round and then 5 rounds later you click rebuy and you BUY A ING FIVE SEVEN AND WASTE VALUABLE MONEY IN A TIGHT ROUND.

Seriously it was getting annoying. Especially with grenades. I'd occaisonally misbuy a grenade or buy a grenade for a specific situation and when i rebought i'd buy those grenades instead of the ones i actually wanted.
var1ables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #10
ChocOrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOBioPatel View Post
valve has backdoor access to the bugtracker, they can see the votes, and sort by votes.

end users do not get this view, to help newly reported issues get equal exposure and attention from voters

if you think the bugtracker is not effective you're entitled to that opinion; but i can't see how it wasn't significant in shaping the outcome of this last patch

Whilst the bugtracker idea is quite neat, to prove Valve is listening, the list of fixes should have been listed against how important users considered them.

A bug could have been fixed and reported in the bugtracker with just one 'yes' and it would be counted as a success. How many 'high' yes vote bugs weren't fixed compare to lower ones. That's how success is measured.

Listing things fixed that have been reported in two places - the bug tracker AND the steam forums doesn't mean Valve is using or taking much notice. Sure they may read it but I highly doubt priority is set based on it. Consider how many 'pro' suggestions have been made in a private forum and have been ignored so far.

We can live in hope though.

And to Valve, thanks for the updates, the last is really going in the right direction. still losts to fix and improve but it's getting there
ChocOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #11
TutsiRebel

this one still happens.
TutsiRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:36 PM   #12
FOBioPatel

Arrow i don't think you have convinced me the bugtracker is ineffective: why i disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocOrange View Post
to prove Valve is listening, the list of fixes should have been listed against how important users considered them.
That is not a reasonable measure for proof. They have their own internal roadmap, and votes get updated daily. They can't refocus and derail their long term development plans (on potentially "Blocks Playability" severity issues) because of tickets with a "Poor Experience" severity suddenly exploding with votes.

A Valve Dev has already addressed this concern here:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...3&postcount=37

That alone should be proof enough that they are reading/listening to feedback on the 64bitVPS Bug Tracker.

Quote:
A bug could have been fixed and reported in the bugtracker with just one 'yes' and it would be counted as a success. How many 'high' yes vote bugs weren't fixed compare to lower ones. That's how success is measured.
Suggesting the bug tracker is ineffective because 100% of the top voted tickets aren't addressed within the current patch is not reasonable. Tickets are only community recommendations to Valve, and they selectively integrate these changes into the roadmap they are following for developing this game. Deviating from their long term development plans at the whims of ticket votes can make for some very inefficient development. There is structure and order with how things have to be developed and deployed. You can't build enhancements to a roof without fortifying the base on which it sits.

Quote:
Listing things fixed that have been reported in two places - the bug tracker AND the steam forums doesn't mean Valve is using or taking much notice.
If anyone wanted to know the current "Blocks Playability" and "Poor Experience" severity issues in CS:GO (after this last update). Where do you think it is easier for somebody to find this information?

Here:
Blocks Playability | Poor Experience

or Here:
CS:GO SteamCommunity Forums

The efficiency of the 64bitVPS Bugtracker's community moderated Wikipedia-borrowed content model really shines through here.

The Bug Tracker sticky thread has more Dev responses than any other sticky thread. They also don't access the website through the same frontend as you do. They have backdoor access to a view that is efficient for them to gather whatever information they feel is pertinent for them.

Valve does not live in a cocoon limited to these forums. The very first response in the 64bitVPS Sticky Thread on this forum is from a Valve Dev encouraging community participation to gather better insight into what the community wants. This tells me they pay attention to what is being said on Community Sites. In fact, there is a quote by Chet on the bottom of the 64bitVPS site. That quote is what inspired me to build the bugtracker in the first place.

Quote:
Sure they may read it but I highly doubt priority is set based on it.
You are right. The very first sentence in the sticky thread:
Quote:
You can prioritize issues and bugs to help Valve determine what fixes and features enhancements are important for the CS:GO Community
The operative word here: help.

Quote:
Consider how many 'pro' suggestions have been made in a private forum and have been ignored so far.
To the statement about getting feedback ignored, I point you back to the statement I made earlier about fortifying the foundation before modifying the roof.

As for the word "Pro", I dislike the usage of the word here, suggesting their opinion/feedback is more valuable than anyone else's. All suggestions are vetted by the community as a whole, because everybody's opinion has a single unit of measure on 64bitVPS: 1 vote.

A Pro's ticket does not get silver lining or special distinction, but if a Pro has a bunch of people subscribed on Youtube, said Pro could broaden their ticket's cause by asking for votes. With the magic of sites like Reddit, Digg, and other social media outlets, it is possible for anyone with an issue or bug report to share with a larger audience, and get your ticket as much exposure as the Pros traditionally enjoyed exclusively.

And this is not a bad thing. Many people play as many hours as a "Pro" if not more. These people may play fast and loose, or casually/socially, or just for fun - but their choice to not go competitive should not mean those people's opinions should be omitted. Their insight into bugs and isssues with the game is not insignificant.

Participation is what makes the bug tracker such a fantastic resource; not just for Valve but for the entire CS:GO community.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:53 PM   #13
FOBioPatel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TutsiRebel View Post
this one still happens.
can you get a screenshot, include it in a comment and set it back to "reported" please?
Old 10-03-2012, 03:06 AM   #14
Kami19o4

Request for a third official Arms Race map.

Might as well add that to the first post
Kami19o4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:13 AM   #15
lechuckss

i think they have done a good job with this patch,but the match system need to be tuned,and the silencer was reported as underway but (sadly)nothing happened.
Again,it's very important to keep supporting the site since seems that devs look to it
lechuckss is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive