Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 10-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
Michaeljcox24

Hearthfire Issues - breezehome crash and freezes.

So I just wanted to highlight some of the issues I've had since installing this. Load order is perfect, not an issue, and save isn't corrupted in any way.

- I can no longer enter Breezehome, instant ctd. This also happened with another user in a previous post.
- The display cases don't work, you can't put weapons in them.
- I go into Lakeside Manor the game pauses for a couple of seconds and then resumes as normal. Like it JUST about to crash but doesn't.
- Crashes happen outside of Lakeside Manor also.

Probably mod incompatibility related, not sure which though because BOSS aint flagged anything up. If anyone has done any fault finding please 'pipe up', but I know it's early days yet.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #2
McDave

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2959261

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2959238
McDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
Michaeljcox24

Thanks. It seems to be an issue with the unofficial skyrim patch. I pity all the lads who had their stashes in Breezehome and have now lost everything. Fortunately, I was housed up in Windhelm for a bit while working for the Stormcloaks.

Have gone back a couple of saves, seems ok now with no adoption
Michaeljcox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
McDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaeljcox24 View Post
Thanks. It seems to be an issue with the unofficial skyrim patch. I pity all the lads who had their stashes in Breezehome and have now lost everything. Fortunately, I was housed up in Windhelm for a bit while working for the Stormcloaks.

(All future updates to this list will appear on this thread)

Mods causing Hearthfire bugs

Note: Any mod to Breezehome may cause a Crash to Desktop (CTD) when entering.

Click on the links and read their comments sections for more info...
  • Dovahkiin's Hideout - Breezehome CTD, Alchemy Script is still broken (w/Dawnguard) and the child's room is not an option

Bugfixes by Players: Note, not all these fixes have been confirmed.
The Following links appear in this thread and address CTDs in specific areas of Lakeview Manor (Falkreath). Hearthfire User Guides

Last edited by McDave: 10-08-2012 at 05:28 PM.
McDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
Miss_Fox

Quote:

I almost had the problem. I disabled Hearthfire in my load and then grabbed my stuff out of the Breezehome, then re-enabled it and played happily.
Miss_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #6
bobczes

Quote:

Nobody who saves often should lose anything.

1. You disable Hearthfire and load an earlier save.
2. If all is well, remove any items affected by your bad mods to safer storage and exit the game.
3. Disable the troublesome mod or mods and restart.
4. If all is well save, exit, enable Hearthfire and restart.

You should have your possessions and not have lost very much progress.
bobczes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:35 AM   #7
Fletchman1313

I did not have the Unofficial Skyrim patch, but I did find out that the mod causing the CTD was a mod which fixed the top step of the ladder at Breezehome.

I guess I can deal with tripping over that top step every time I go up there.
Fletchman1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:59 AM   #8
Breton Warrior

If others are still having issues and have tried turning their Mods On/Off don't forget the "Lighting Fix" Mod that sorts all that awful flickering down near the fire.

As Bobczes has already said Manual Saves are a big must, try to think to make them a few times during each play session, that way the worst you will have is a few hours drop back if you hit any problems at all. Its only a couple of clicks and done, a second or so that can save you hours of frustration.
Breton Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #9
zifnab369

Ok so I see people talking about disabling mods and going in and getting their junk from breezehome, and while sure I guess if you had worked hard on some set of gear or had some special wep in there thats fine but I just want to be able to go in breezehome. I worked fine 2 days ago I got the DLC hearthfire and now cannot use breezehome and cant even see or build my hearthfire homes. McDave says that may be my "birds and flocks" mod I guess I will test that. My problem is this, so far I have 78 mods with no problems, all free and user mad. Then when I BUY a glorified mod called DLC brom Bethesda suddenly houses are broken and it conflicts with a few other mods. Sad.
zifnab369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #10
Sajuukkhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by zifnab369 View Post
My problem is this, so far I have 78 mods with no problems, all free and user mad. Then when I BUY a glorified mod called DLC brom Bethesda suddenly houses are broken and it conflicts with a few other mods. Sad.
Well it isn't Bethesda's job to ensure that their DLC works with existing mos, it is the job of mod makers to ensure that their mods work with Bethesda's DLC.

Its pretty much impossible for Bethesda to make a DLC that doesn't cause some problems with mods.
Sajuukkhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #11
zifnab369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajuukkhar View Post
Well it isn't Bethesda's job to ensure that their DLC works with existing mos, it is the job of mod makers to ensure that their mods work with Bethesda's DLC.

Its pretty much impossible for Bethesda to make a DLC that doesn't cause some problems with mods.
No, when one thing is free and another is paid for it is the "job" of the person/company being paid to make sure their product works. With free mods it is the end user's job, mine to make sure what I want and get work or delete them from the load.
zifnab369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #12
Sajuukkhar

Quote:
No, when one thing is free and another is paid for it is the "job" of the person/company being paid to make sure their product works. With free mods it is the end user's job, mine to make sure what I want and get work or delete them from the load.
Their product does work, when used with all other official Bethesda products such as Skyrim and Dawnguard.

Now it is the job of the mod makers to get their mods in working order with the DLC.

Your entire post is exactly what I was saying before, we apparently agree on this matter.

Last edited by Sajuukkhar: 10-08-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #13
Miss_Fox

Quote:
On the one hand, mods have helped Skyrim become much more fun and interesting to play. On the other hand, without Skyrim, we wouldn't have anything to mod around. I'm not gonna lie, Skyrim is buggy as all get out. One of the best ways to assure that the DLC released is stable, however, Bethesda would either have to a) implement strict modding rules so that they either know what not to update or what they shouldn't touch...*ever* or b) never do anything particularly inventive with the next DLC, don't change how anything works, and then every release becomes bland. With literally thousands of mods to choose from and the variations of what they do (many even tap into vital functions of the game, which is more likely to get hosed on an official update), it is almost impossible for an official update to not break *something.* Even in play-testing, it is almost impossible to account for how the new DLC will interact with *every single mod* that is out there.
Miss_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #14
Sajuukkhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Fox View Post
On the one hand, mods have helped Skyrim become much more fun and interesting to play. On the other hand, without Skyrim, we wouldn't have anything to mod around. I'm not gonna lie, Skyrim is buggy as all get out. One of the best ways to assure that the DLC released is stable, however, Bethesda would either have to a) implement strict modding rules so that they either know what not to update or what they shouldn't touch...*ever* or b) never do anything particularly inventive with the next DLC, don't change how anything works, and then every release becomes bland. With literally thousands of mods to choose from and the variations of what they do (many even tap into vital functions of the game, which is more likely to get hosed on an official update), it is almost impossible for an official update to not break *something.* Even in play-testing, it is almost impossible to account for how the new DLC will interact with *every single mod* that is out there.
Pretty much this.

+rep to you.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #15
bobczes

I saw a report this causes Breezehome crashes.

"Skyrim School of Witchcraft and Wizardry"

http://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/...8030095703625/
bobczes is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V