Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 10-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
McDave

Arrow Unofficial Hearthfire Bugfix Thread

Feel free to post mods known to cause bugs with Hearthfire. If they can be confirmed they will be added to the list.

Also looking for solutions to freeze-ups and crashes in and around the three Hearthfire homes. If you can confirm a solution that is already listed, please post it here too. Thx.

(n) = Nexus version. (w) = Workshop version

Mods causing Hearthfire bugs

*Note: Any mod to Breezehome may cause a Crash to Desktop (CTD) when entering.
*Also, wildlife mods may have spawning points for birds and animals at the same place the Hearthfire homes are built, thus causing invisible homes. Try disabling the mod until the homes are built.

Click on the links below and read their Comments sections for more info...

Note: The "Unofficial Patches" are highly recommended. While there was an initial problem with the USKP patch causing a CTD in Breezehome, Arthmoor was quick to correct it and went on to develop the Unofficial Hearthfire Patch. These patches repair dozens of Skyrim bugs. If you have any of the other mods listed below and are still having problems after patching or disabling them, give the Unofficial patches a try, if you haven't done so already.
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch @ Workshop
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch @ Nexus
After all that, your Data Files load order should look like this...
Dawnguard.esm
Hearthfires.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp (optional dlc)
HighResTexturePack02.esp (optional dlc)
UnofficialSkyrimPatch.esp
UnofficialDawnguardPatch.esp
UnofficialHearthfirePatch.esp

(all your other mods below)
  • (w) Birds and Flocks - Invisible Windstad Manor in Hjaalmarch (Marthal). Update to: B&F Hearthfire Edition. Delete, and Un-subscribe from the old edition in your Data Files before subscribing to the new version.
  • (n) Skytest: Realistic Animals and Predators - Invisible Heljarchen Hall in The Pale and freeze-ups @ Windstead Manor. Update: To v1.27e Full Edition or just add ,1.27E ESP if you already have one of the 1.27a/b/c/d Fulls. Note: Freeze-ups may be due to conflict with other mods. Try placing Skytest near the bottom of your load order.
Quote:
These scripts add the hearthfire housecarls into the UFO mod recruit/dismiss system. It should be noted that hearthfire housecarls all have their own unique recruit/dismissal dialogue lines and fixing it requires modification of the UFO\'s main .esp file and that requires permission. So this fix makes them speak the default housecarl recruit/dismissal lines. So far contacting fLokii, the UFO author has been unsuccessful.
  • (w) Real Wildlife Skyrim Invisible home Windstad Manor Status: Author now aware of the issue and will be making a new version. Note: If you uninstall this mod some of the animals may get stuck in their animations and you may also be unable to recover items from them. A clean install of Skyrim may be required to fix. See the Comments section of the mod for more info. Workaround. Temporarily disable mod until Windstad Manor is built.
  • (w) Scenic Carriages CTD in Lakeview Manor area. Status: Arthmoor has provided a Hearthfire Fix for the Nexus Version. The mod can be downloaded with the Nexis Mod Manager, but the patch will have to be installed manually from the Downloads page (full update in the works). Note: The Scenic Carriages update doesn't require Hearthfire, just fixes the navmeshes so they won't conflict with it.
Note: The Nexus versions of the Places series are no longer supported.
Quote:
Enter the console and click on the wall in the wardrobe and use the displayed number for 'markfordelete xxxxxxxx', close the console, then save game and load this savegame again, the wall will be gone and your items still down there were you left them.
You may be able to do the same with the flickering wall.
: Bugfixes by Players:

• Items like bees and honey in the Apiary, chicken eggs, butter from the churn are not re-spawning. Fix: Not a bug. Stay away from the home for extended periods so the re-spawn clock doesn't reset. See Post #81.
  • Courier not delivering the Note from the Jarl of Falkreath after reaching Level 9. See post #95.

The Following links appear in this thread and address CTDs in specific areas of Lakeview Manor (Falkreath).

Hearthfire User Guides

Hearthfire Mods List

Last edited by McDave: 11-10-2013 at 05:28 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
Appl250

Falkreath Lakewiew Manor seems to be a real problem.
Besides even trying to get the plot of land, building the house is a problem.
Appl250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #3
Breton Warrior

Already this posted elsewhere but I am adding it in here as Arthmoor may spot this Thread?

Iron Ore Deposit just before you reach the Lakeview Manor Site travelling from Falkreath via Pinewatch, its past the small 'pond?' on the Right Hand Side of Pinewatch. (Ah Right Hand Side is when looking at the front view)
Breton Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
McDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breton Warrior View Post
Already this posted elsewhere but I am adding it in here as Arthmoor may spot this Thread?

Iron Ore Deposit just before you reach the Lakeview Manor Site travelling from Falkreath via Pinewatch, its past the small 'pond?' on the Right Hand Side of Pinewatch. (Ah Right Hand Side is when looking at the front view)
That was the floating iron ore bug, BW? Edit: The steward floats two feet above the ore.

Also, what was the Breezehome mod that actually fixed the CTD for you? Is that still working? What about the alchemy lab and child's room?

Last edited by McDave: 10-09-2012 at 10:10 AM.
McDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #5
Shadowblade001

Banned
McDave, looking at that list of mods that have problems, it just confirms my feelings I won't be getting Hearthfire any time soon. I haven't even got Dawnguard yet.

Very well researched thread, though. Should be made a sticky.

With Pocket Campsites I can build my own city, I've decided to marry Erik the Slayer (if possible), who looks very dashing in his Forsworn armour and gold and ruby circlet (I'm not gay, but if I were...) and I don't need to adopt a child (although one in Solitude asked if I'd be their mother).

Why can't a female Dovakhiin have her own True Children of Skyrim?

~
Shadowblade001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #6
McDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowblade001 View Post
McDave, looking at that list of mods that have problems, it just confirms my feelings I won't be getting Hearthfire any time soon. I haven't even got Dawnguard yet.

Very well researched thread, though. Should be made a sticky.

With Pocket Campsites I can build my own city, I've decided to marry Erik the Slayer (if possible), who looks very dashing in his Forsworn armour and gold and ruby circlet (I'm not gay, but if I were...) and I don't need to adopt a child (although one in Solitude asked if I'd be their mother).

Why can't a female Dovakhiin have her own True Children of Skyrim?

~
The situation is actually improving rapidly. I'm about ready to turn Hearthfire back on. Just waiting for someone else to confirm a couple fixes.

Thx for the kudos.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #7
Breton Warrior

Breezehome Enhanced was the Mod that let Hearthfires and a Breezehome Mod run together, BUT the Alchemy and Child's Room are broken. That Mod made NavMesh tweaks? that overwrote the Hearthfires and USP changes and let you go in.

Not really that useful TBH.

@Shadowblade001, if you do not really use Breezehome (like me) I suspect your only real problem is UFO? As there appears to be a Workaround for that and if you do not use Birds or the Realistic Animals (which I do) so you only build where there are no conflicts then, Oh Damn it, its too much, just don't bother until its all fixed, He He

EDIT: Its a pity that the latest update for Realistic Animals is a Full Update and not just the ESP tweaked to accomodate Hearthfires Locations? I'm not inclined to download another 150?MB to just get some spawn point tweaks. I'll have a look at it myself if I want to use those broken locations.BW

Last edited by Breton Warrior: 10-08-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:53 AM   #8
Shadowblade001

Banned
Quote:

@Shadowblade001, if you do not really use Breezehome (like me) I suspect your only real problem is UFO? As there appears to be a Workaround for that and if you do not use Birds or the Realistic Animals (which I do) so you only build where there are no conflicts then, Oh Damn it, its too much, just don't bother until its all fixed, He He

Well, from McDave's list, the mods I have are:

Unofficial Skyrim Patch
Ultimate Followers Overhaul
Real Wildlife Skyrim (I think)

I also have Birds and Flocks and I recently added Pocket Campsite and Ask Followers Skills.

But I took out the "updated for Dawnguard" Unread Books Glow as it seems to cause crashes, and I took out Althir's Camping Tools and the Bag of Holding.

And I have downloaded for my next character but not yet used:

Dovahkiin's Hideout
Realistic Animals and Predators (SkyTest?)

But I don't have either of the add-ons, and I don't want to take the risk after seeing this thread.

I also moved my Skyrim and Steam folder from my IDE E:\ drive to my SSD C:\ drive, and that seems to make things a little more butter smooth as the access speed is twice as fast. So I've tweaked to Oblivion and back and not had to restart once (despite enormous problems from time to time over the last 7 months), so I'll keep an eye on this tread and the fixes.

Shame a properly compiled thread for Dawnguard doesn't exist. There were several huge threads, but it was far to much to put in one place.

PS +Rep for McDave.

~
Shadowblade001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:10 AM   #9
Jela'n

Oh no, not Real Wildlife Skyrim as well.Darn it.That's four out of six mod's I have so far.

Also with testing out Hearthfire, Grey ledge manor is crashing on me as well.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=74171321

But not sure how many other people are having this crash though.
Jela'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:11 AM   #10
McDave

Big update this morning. I've re-enabled Hearthfire and confirmed the following fixes in the list below. I only had one problem and that was a single freeze-up when approaching Lakeview Manor from the pond. Since then I approached from a different direction with no problem. My new house steward (previously a UFO follower) is now furnishing the small home so I won't know about freeze-ups in the expanded home and wings until later this evening.

• Birds and Flocks Workaround - Confirmed fix
  • Realistic Animals and Predators v1.27b patch - Confirmed fix
  • Ultimate Followers Overhaul Workaround - Confirmed fix!!! I've added a step-by-step guide to the Workaround thread to walk you through it.
  • I don't have Real Wildlife Skyrim, but like the other wildlife mods, disabling it until the house(s) is built should work. Someone please confirm.
Note: the author for Dovahkiin's Hideout has been missing since March, so it's not looking good for that mod. There is a brand new Forbidden Sanctuary - Dovahkins Hideout, but I don't know if it's by the same author, or builds on the old version, or is something all together different.

Thx again for the kudos. And thanks Jela'n, GLM added to the list.

Last edited by McDave: 10-09-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #11
GuardianAngel42

Did anyone else experience the armor duplication glitch in the Falkreath home? I put my Ebony Mail and Ancient Falmer Armor on two of the mannequins and they. won't. go. away.
GuardianAngel42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #12
Breton Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardianAngel42 View Post
Did anyone else experience the armor duplication glitch in the Falkreath home? I put my Ebony Mail and Ancient Falmer Armor on two of the mannequins and they. won't. go. away.
No not as yet, but I've not tried all the mannequins, I have had them not standing in the right spot a couple of times, but put something on them and they jump right back into place?

Overall with this one House I've not had any Major Issues, apart from the damn Bee's flying around in the Greenhouse, I really wish I had not built that bit, He He
Old 10-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #13
McDave

Update: A new Hearthfire Edition of Birds and Flocks is now available. Delete, and Un-subscribe the old edition from your Data Files before subscribing to the B&F Hearthfire Edition.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:59 PM   #14
Breton Warrior

Well looking at the Nexus comments on Realistic Animals it does sound like is fixed, and obviously the Author of Birds and Flocks is very much on top of what Hearthfires needed.

Well apart from testing if I can go into Breezehome that's my List Sorted (I think) Breezehome? I may buy it when I have so much Gold I just need something to buy, but as I have never managed to last long enough on one character to get to that point???????
Old 10-10-2012, 12:56 AM   #15
Grimmac

Quote:
Well looking at the Nexus comments on Realistic Animals it does sound like is fixed, and obviously the Author of Birds and Flocks is very much on top of what Hearthfires needed.

Well apart from testing if I can go into Breezehome that's my List Sorted (I think) Breezehome? I may buy it when I have so much Gold I just need something to buy, but as I have never managed to last long enough on one character to get to that point???????
You've never got to level 10 (or thereabouts)? My god man, I thought I was an altaholic but that's ridiculous.
Grimmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V