Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 10-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
RxHEAD

Question Hearthfire - Remove wings?

hey everyone.

i kind of messed up my houses in hearthfire which means i picked the "wrong" wings.
is there any possibility to remove them via console in order to replace them?
Old 10-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
Growler

I don't think so. But my guess is that's one of the first things that will be fixed by a mod as soon as the CK have been updated for Hearthfire.
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
RxHEAD

any guess how long this might take?
RxHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #4
Growler

No idea. It's up to Bethesda and I haven't read about them saying when or even if they'll update the CK.
I'm also eagerly awaiting this update because Hearthfire have so much modding potential.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #5
Skybleeder80

I'm not sure if you consider the Unofficial Patch an actual "mod"? Just guessing
Skybleeder80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #6
Growler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybleeder80 View Post
I'm not sure if you consider the Unofficial Patch an actual "mod"? Just guessing
What? Have I missed that you can do this with that?
Old 10-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #7
Skybleeder80

*cough* Probably not. Since the Unofficial Patches don't actually use the CK to fix problems, they can't really be called mods IMO. I was wondering if anyone had decided to report that particular issue to the patch authors yet tbh.

Or do they? I guess you would need the CK to examine certain functions to identify errors and potential fixes, but.. hmm.
Skybleeder80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #8
McDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxHEAD View Post
hey everyone.

i kind of messed up my houses in hearthfire which means i picked the "wrong" wings.
is there any possibility to remove them via console in order to replace them?
Return to an earlier save before you added the wings? Just a heads up, make frequent saves anytime you're around Lakeview Manor, or even before you head there. Freeze-ups are common.
McDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #9
Breton Warrior

The Unofficial would use the CK for sure as Arthmoor himself said he needed the updated CK for Hearthfires, But the TES5Edit was deemed sound enough to use now, so the NavMesh and other minor tweaks done for Hearthfires was done with the TES5Edit.

Edit IMO is far quicker for some aspects of 'Mod' making but you will nearly always need the CK in the end, BTW if its an ESP its a Mod, does not matter how you make it, same goes for Texture Replacers they do not use the CK but they are Mods as far as I'm concerned.

PS: As to why they did not include an option to remove or change wings on completed buildings I do not understand, they covered most things but the 'obvious' "Oh *hit I wish I had that Wing and not this one" seems to have been not that 'obvious' to Beth?

Last edited by Breton Warrior: 10-09-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Breton Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #10
RxHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDave View Post
Return to an earlier save before you added the wings? Just a heads up, make frequent saves anytime you're around Lakeview Manor, or even before you head there. Freeze-ups are common.
yeah, that was my bad. i read the book you get at the carpenter's workbench and i understood it like "change wings anytime if they are not what you wanted," which obviously was wrong.
now my last save before HF is about 15 gameplay hours behind and i really don't want to redo everything i did since.
RxHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V