Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 10-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
Vipervgts

Fullscreen Bug?

A few days ago i started up my skyrim on full-screen as I normally do. The Bethesda Studios picture was lagging as it moved across the screen. When I got to the main menu, all the letters were low quality. I opened up steam community with shift tab and I could hardly read the letters. The game was also lagging slightly. All of this happened out of nowhere. When I start up the game with windowed mode, its fine but I don't like to play in windowed. I got a program that resizes the game but it doesn't really work for me and its annoying having to use the program just to play skyrim normally. If anybody can help me with this problem I would appreciate it greatly.

Here are my specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium (64 Bit)
Amount of Memory: 16GB
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7450
Old 10-13-2012, 04:53 AM   #2
xybolt

Your hardware should support skyrim at full screen. Check if your PC supports DX9. Please note that having DX11 doesn't mean that it supports DX9, it's semi-compatible. If so, then it could be that your gfx card is having an active underscan.

It's a known problem that the underscan mode at AMD cards causes full screen problem and that the texts in full screen are almost unreadable. You can fix it through your Catalyst Control Center.

Here are the steps;
  1. Open CCC, select "Desktop & Displays" at graphics
  2. right click the small screen. Click "configure".
  3. A window appears, find "GPU scaling" and enable it.
  4. Once done, go to "scaling options" (or something), set underscan to 0%. Click apply.

Ensure that you are doing it at your current refresh rate, which should be 60Hz

edit : just noticed this thread on other site lol.

Last edited by xybolt: 10-13-2012 at 04:56 AM.
xybolt is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V