Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Borderlands

Old 10-18-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
BenderX

Cool Best Mechromancer Build

Supppppppz guys?

So I upgraded my Borderlands finally the other day (with the DLC and patches and so forth) and ... lost my Siren's saved data! ._.

I am now playing as Gaige the Mechromancer now instead and am using the following build:

Best Build for Mechromancer

Similar to the turret Axton has, Deathtrap is good at distracting enemies and helping murder the easy ones. This seems to be the best solo build for Mechromancer (or one of them). It has high DPS and also defensive skills.

What builds are you guys using for this class? I'm liking the Anarchy build at the moment (works well solo and duo). Haven't tried a tank build just yet.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
Lynx

Looks good. I tried the Ordered Chaos tree though and found it wasn't for me. I am way to used to reloading at every opportunity I couldn't adjust for the Anarchy mechanic, so I split between BFF and LBT.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
Iconoclast XVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
Looks good. I tried the Ordered Chaos tree though and found it wasn't for me. I am way to used to reloading at every opportunity I couldn't adjust for the Anarchy mechanic, so I split between BFF and LBT.
I have that issue, but Discord makes them slowly go away instead of all disappear. I would just respec and place all the points in BFF and maybe LBT, but I love Blood Soaked Shields combined with an Amp shield. Kill an enemy, instantly restore shields, get another amp shot, repeat.

Ordered Chaos also jacks up some guns. I found a rocket launcher in the DLC that looked really good, but since the mag size is 1 and you're forced to take the "reduce mag size" skills if you want to move to the next level of skills, it said I had 0 rounds in the mag.
Iconoclast XVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
darkdk

Lol. I have the SAME problem.

I just can't stop from reloading.

I guess it's from all my experience with other FPS games where you should reload whenever you get the opportunity (or face death from lack of ammo in your gun later).

Still, I'm using the Mechromancer class build from here: Borderlands 2: Best Build for Mechromancer -- which more or less looks like the build you're also using.

It's a very solid build and I definitely solo well with it.

Don't be afraid to change some points around though like the others have recommended.

Respec'ing does not take long after all.

Some other skills could easily be better for your style of play too depending on how you fight enemies.

Experiment!

I definitely love Blood Soaked Shield too though. I've actually never used Amp Shield before, so I'll have to try that combination as well (ty for the tip!)

Good luck!

Btw try to get a good Mechromancer class mod too -- that will definitely help take your gaming up a notch in battles.
darkdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #5
Iconoclast XVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdk View Post
I definitely love Blood Soaked Shield too though. I've actually never used Amp Shield before, so I'll have to try that combination as well (ty for the tip!)
I hadn't used an amp shield until I realized that a kill would fully restore the shields and give another. Now, that is about the only kind of shield I use with her. Using that with a decent sniper rifle and getting head shots, I can take down most every enemy in an area in 1 hit.
Iconoclast XVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #6
sandman9601

I hate that they encourage poor reloading habits. That'll really hurt people in other games.

For me, I went all the way down BFF, which means sharing a copy of your shield with deathtrap. I'm now in PT2 and now, instead of him timing out he tends to die. So getting a shield has helped a lot there (but he still dies anyway sometimes). The rest of my points have gone into the LBT tree. Only complaint is that I can't get to the skill in LBT that amps up your damage based on the time since you last fired a shot. That's a nice one, but there aren't enough skill points to do it without affecting BFF.
sandman9601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #7
KazzyMac

I didn't like the idea of the Anarchy tree, plus what with the rumors/mentions of it being somewhat bugged online I've strayed away from it. I've always preferred accuracy over damage due to having relatively poor aim.

So for my tree I've put 5 points into 'close enough', a few into the one that gives you health regen with a full magazine ... and a few further points just to give Deathtrap a little more survivability ... the rest I've put into LBT.

So far, the only thing I haven't been able to kill is Terrormorphus ... but that's probably not too big a thing to worry about. I HAVE been killed a few times by (decidedly large) groups of Threshers, but I've yet to get killed in the Captain Scarlett DLC so ... evidently it's not that bad a build, especially when coupled with good elemental weapons.

I have a conference call and Bee for backup anyway. I should probably try the Anarchy tree in SP though ... need to look into seeing if a different skill setup might let me solo Terrormorphus or if I'll just have to try get the legendary class mods with some friends.
KazzyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:53 PM   #8
BenderX

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazzyMac View Post
I didn't like the idea of the Anarchy tree, plus what with the rumors/mentions of it being somewhat bugged online I've strayed away from it. I've always preferred accuracy over damage due to having relatively poor aim.

So for my tree I've put 5 points into 'close enough', a few into the one that gives you health regen with a full magazine ... and a few further points just to give Deathtrap a little more survivability ... the rest I've put into LBT.

So far, the only thing I haven't been able to kill is Terrormorphus ... but that's probably not too big a thing to worry about. I HAVE been killed a few times by (decidedly large) groups of Threshers, but I've yet to get killed in the Captain Scarlett DLC so ... evidently it's not that bad a build, especially when coupled with good elemental weapons.

I have a conference call and Bee for backup anyway. I should probably try the Anarchy tree in SP though ... need to look into seeing if a different skill setup might let me solo Terrormorphus or if I'll just have to try get the legendary class mods with some friends.
Yeah I dislike that the accuracy goes down, but that's why I also got close enough =p It helps neutralize the effect.
BenderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:37 AM   #9
KazzyMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenderX View Post
Yeah I dislike that the accuracy goes down, but that's why I also got close enough =p It helps neutralize the effect.
In 2.5 it's a bit difficult to get up close enough to the enemies to shoot them without getting wrecked. Especially against enemies that like to run away, or enemies that have a tendency to ambush you (I'm looking at you, Pirate Ninjas! >_>). I know a lot of enemies like to just straight-up charge you though (cough rabid skags cough) so there's that.

But the only thing I can't beat that I've gone up against is Terrormorphous so ... that's better than my Assassin. with him I couldn't even beat Flynt. :/
KazzyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #10
BenderX

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazzyMac View Post
In 2.5 it's a bit difficult to get up close enough to the enemies to shoot them without getting wrecked. Especially against enemies that like to run away, or enemies that have a tendency to ambush you (I'm looking at you, Pirate Ninjas! >_>). I know a lot of enemies like to just straight-up charge you though (cough rabid skags cough) so there's that.

But the only thing I can't beat that I've gone up against is Terrormorphous so ... that's better than my Assassin. with him I couldn't even beat Flynt. :/
Damn Pirate Ninjas >_>

I haven't tried fighting Terrormorphous just yet, but I look forward to it (especially since crawmerax from the first game was so awesome!)

Anyway, sounds like I'll have to be careful with my Mechromancer build in 2.5 then. Maybe I'll respec and do a non-Anarchy build.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #11
darkdk

Lol pirate ninjas =P

Mechromancer is a pretty nice class so far.

I am finally level 40.

Just 10 more levels to go until 50.

Once you hit 50, you get to really experiment with all those skill points.

At that time, you should definitely respec like I said.

You can respec then like I mentioned before.

Experiment with different guns too to put edge on your game play.

I got an awesome class mod the other day for Gaige from a friend. It helped with my build more than the last one did.

Btw -- I don't really count on Death Trap for saving me anymore now that I'm such a high level.

It's all about the gear.

Bazllions of guns x)

Last edited by darkdk: 10-20-2012 at 01:54 PM.
darkdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:57 PM   #12
PinkPanther21

I'm all about the Little Big Trouble skill tree and I have a class mode that accentuates it - when you get to the next-to-last area and you're stacking damage, you get to be pretty powerful, though that whole Thousand Cuts/Bunker area has still been kicking my butt playing single-player - I think I need to bite the bullet and play that section in multi-player, though I'm sure I'll be annoyed by the loot-grabbing
PinkPanther21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:17 AM   #13
Nite69

Banned
The Amp shields are awesome, thats what The Bee shield is too, and why its so powerful to take down anything within seconds, even bosses.

as for the skill trees I try to even them all out, so I can have everything unlocked, I'm not worried about not filling the trees when I hit level 50 cause the DLC's later should unlock the rest of the levels to complete the trees.

Last edited by Nite69: 10-21-2012 at 02:21 AM.
Nite69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #14
BenderX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite69 View Post
The Amp shields are awesome, thats what The Bee shield is too, and why its so powerful to take down anything within seconds, even bosses.

as for the skill trees I try to even them all out, so I can have everything unlocked, I'm not worried about not filling the trees when I hit level 50 cause the DLC's later should unlock the rest of the levels to complete the trees.
I'll need to get one of those awesome shields.

Filling out the trees evenly could be cool, but I feel like I wouldn't be able to reach all the important skills if I do that.

Will give it a shot though when I respec.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:35 AM   #15
InfiniteRegress

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdk View Post
I just can't stop from reloading.
I'm normally someone who reloads constantly, so I had trouble with this class initially. I decided to rebind my reload key from "R" to "-" on the number pad on the far end of my keyboard so I couldn't accidentally hit it if I tried. Solved that problem for me.
InfiniteRegress is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Borderlands