Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Disciples series

Old 10-26-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
overread

Disciples 3 Reincarnation released!

Good news - and bad news - good first

Ok so its over on Gamersgate at least I've no idea if/when Steam will get a release (nothing in the up-coming releases that I can see sadly). I'm also unsure if any other retailers have picked up the title. But its out!!!!!
(note steam should get it at some point as the Gamers Gate version requires Steam activation - so we should get it here sometime! Maybe even today if we are lucky).

Also I've read that the development team behind the expansion for the Dwarves has been shelved. Finance problems apparently which means that the game is no longer supported (this might also affect support for Reincarnation -though I'm not certain - part of the problem is that a fiar bit of detail on this title is in Russian on Russian sites and - I can't read/speak russian).

http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showth...id=8833&page=2

Last post there does give a summary of the problem with the expansion - that said the post above also links to new concept art released only last month. So there is some confusion and the warning about the dev-team being closed might have been resolved. Anyone with any more info please do step up

Last edited by overread: 10-26-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
naomha

Kind of weird, but under gamersgate, it says Must be activated on Steam. Haven't bought it yet, but my finger is only a mouse click away. Anyone else bought this yet on GG? I don't want to buy it if Steam in North America doesn't support it yet, and I'm out $27.

Last edited by naomha: 10-26-2012 at 08:52 PM.
naomha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
Ryzkael

I actually bought it from GamersGate and the key I received worked on steam even though the game could not be searched or found in Steam (Philippines).
Ryzkael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
naomha

Well, it's available on the Gamestop download page as well now. I'm thinking I'm going to give it a go and purchase it and see what happens. Fingers crossed. Says it requires Steam activation as well, so I'm hoping its going to work
Old 10-27-2012, 08:51 PM   #5
Ryzkael

I reckon it's going to work. I mean, mine worked lol. The game cannot be found or searched but it's there.

On a side note, the art of this game is awesome and unique, just as it was in Disciples II. I just hope this remake of Disciples III would be without bugs and imbalances found on the Renaissance and Resurrection (from what I read from various sources) which I did not get to play even once.
Ryzkael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #6
naomha

Just bought it on GG. Got about 8 minutes til my key is available. So it says. Waiting patiently now. For anyone else reading this post, I also tried to buy it on Gamestops app, but the app seems to be very bugged after the update yesterday (or the day before), and I can not seem to "buy" anything now on it.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #7
naomha

Alright, good news. The key works on Steam in NA. Less than 1 hour til I can play
Old 10-28-2012, 01:37 AM   #8
TomoSojiro

I filed a support ticket to steam, asking whether it'd be released soon yes or no. I also asked whether they'd do a release deal (doubt they'll answer that one though =P)
TomoSojiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #9
overread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomoSojiro View Post
I filed a support ticket to steam, asking whether it'd be released soon yes or no. I also asked whether they'd do a release deal (doubt they'll answer that one though =P)
I'll be shocked if you actually get a firm answer. Most likely you'll get the hazy "we don't really talk about this stuff/its the developers choice" kind of answer which says that the person who answer really hasn't got a clue and is only giving you the auto-reply for "is this game on steam" in their dropdown quick reply menu.

I'd love to see it appear on Steam and other services ,but I've a feeling that the Russian version of this game was released and, even though its steamworks, also isn't sold on steam even now (which is a bit odd as you'd think if they were providing the downloads/support Steam would want to get a first place cut on the profits from its sale).
overread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #10
naomha

It IS on Steam. It just isn't advertised yet I guess. I bought it through GamersGate and the key is a STEAM key. It works, played it for a few hours already. It's only $27 on GG, it's like $35 on Gamestop's app. Still for $27 it is already shaping up to be a much better experience.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:06 AM   #11
naomha

On a side note as well, Reincarnation, well, it needs a patch. Badly. It is so unbalanced it's not even funny. In the D3 games, it's no joke that you need "extras". Health, runes, etc. But damn already. The whole "miss" percentages are a joke. A level 2 Imp has damn near 30% miss rate, and my archers can't hit them 5x in a row? Something amiss here. Hell, I just hired a Titan, and now I'm just squishing everything in my path. Screw it.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #12
LarkinVB

There are some imbalances but I won't count imps as imbalanced. You can get a balance mod here.

Since the dev studio has closed you can't expect more patches.

I bought the steam key for the russian version from some russian site some month ago. I guess the game will not get much promotion here but that keys being bought elsewhere will work.

Can someone check wether the the map editor Toolkit.exe in the steam folder is displaying the correct english menus ?

Last edited by LarkinVB: 10-29-2012 at 02:32 PM.
LarkinVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #13
naomha

Some imbalances? I've only got about 4 hours in, and haven't even gotten off the first map yet. I played against some more Imps. Archer missed 7x on a 27% miss ratio. Really? My knight couldn't hit them standing right in front of them to save their life. A goblin archer, double slingin (bs btw) doing criticals on both hits to suck me of almost 100 hp. He was level 4. A level 2 wolf doing 56 damage on a regular hit? I love the D3 series, but damn do they make it hard to like them more. I have to keep going back to my castle, vendors to resupply. Battles that should be easy are not and some battle that I thought would kill me, I pawn them. For all the love of the series, balancing was never a word in their vocabulary. I'll take a look at the mod, see if it applies balances and tweaks instead of rewriting scripts, etc. Thanks for the link.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:12 AM   #14
LarkinVB

The balance mod was made by me and does not change scripts. Its focus is hotseat as I do not play the campaigns.

Going back to town to resupply and weakening high agility enemies with spells is part of the fun for me.

I found imbalances in other parts of the game like the demons succubi who can polymorph enemies into imps for 2 rounds in a 5 hex area.

The game is very easy to mod and I like that as I can change it the way I like to play.
LarkinVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #15
Phantus

What's going on with this?

Was this another money grab from another failed eastern block studio? I just bought it and am waiting on the key but I've heard mixed reviews about Akellas financial health, meaning no needed patches. I'm sick of these crappy European devs over promising and under delivering...and then going bankrupt. Anyone playing this?
Phantus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Disciples series