Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 10-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
gazisghost

How to make Skyrim fun?

I have about 300 hours on Skyrim and it is getting boring. I have completed a ton of quests and have a few characters. Anything I can do to have fun again in this game.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
Sajuukkhar

Take a break for awhile then come back.
Sajuukkhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
Piez

Take a break and come back to it in a few months, worked for me.
Piez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #4
Shadowblade001

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazisghost View Post
I have about 300 hours on Skyrim and it is getting boring. I have completed a ton of quests and have a few characters. Anything I can do to have fun again in this game.
Try Pocket Campsite on the Workshop and build your own Stronghold. It's a steep learning curve, but well worth it.

I'll upload some screen shots.

For best viewing, type L, F11, use arrow keys.

Use UFO to get 15 followers and tell them to relax there and watch them drink and carouse, smith and chop wood.

Plenty of other stuff to do as well.

~

Last edited by Shadowblade001: 10-28-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Shadowblade001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #5
Breton Warrior

Well although the 'fun' has not gone, I have had to up the 'way' I play to keep the 'fun' aspect on the boil.

1) Add in ASIS, it bumps up nearly all spawns, gives the other NPC's Potions, Perks and Magic their level should have (so it reckons) It also tweaks the combat but thats not so noticable.

2) Add 'More Dargons' that with ASIS will give a minimum of two/three Dragons (or more) leave them as Vanilla or use Deadlier Dragons Lore Version to improve the Textures and ??? (not sure what else it does do)

3) Play at Adept level, BUT tweak the ASIS Spawn Settings (it has a menu that you can do that with) so the amount of NPC's will often make you fight like hell, BUT they do die with a sensible amount of damage.

4) Play 'Dead is Dead' if you make a stupid stuff up and die because of your own bad playing, Start Again. I will let accidental deaths like getting wiped out by a trap be O/K 'IF' my Daughter talked to me and I missed seeing the pressure plate, or I ride over a cliff in a snow blizzard, that sort of thing. But getting killed through just bad playing, that needs a decision, does that warrent a 'Dead is Dead'??? 95% is a Yes.

PS: Almost forgot, I'll generally play 'Solo' but if I decide to use a Follower for a change I'll push up the Spawn levels and reduce the anmount of Potions they 'May' have.

Last edited by Breton Warrior: 10-28-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Breton Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:46 AM   #6
Sæde

Quote:
Simply: Take some time, maybe an hour or two or how much you feel for, to search for mods in the workshop. Makes Skyrim a bit more fun.
Sæde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:14 AM   #7
Appl250

Make some mods in Creation kit.
Doesn't have to be anything ambitious.
Appl250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:22 AM   #8
rustyrudder

Boredom can afflict anything we do, which is another way of describing an interest level. One thing that's worked well for me, specifically for Skyrim is having an official game guide. It's one of my bathroom reading books. Don't laugh too loudly...it's around 650 pages and a good deal for $16 US. That reflects the immensity of the game and what it took to create it in the first place. The amount of detail of all aspects and info regarding every part of it is impressive.

I use the game guide mostly as a reference, where details about skills, crafting, people of skyrim, animals, monsters, places, ways of playing, quests which are broken down into factions, radiant, random, etc., you name it, almost everything is in there. Even when not actively playing- taking a break- I still enjoy the guide. During last break from the game time was spent planning the next play through.
rustyrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:43 AM   #9
banzaigtv

Kill all innocent NPCs and guards in every city and get max bounty. Practice your archery / sneak skills on unsuspecting NPCs.
banzaigtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #10
Daiichi

Didn't say if you have it modded are not.
So if not I advise you to find mods that make the game harder.
Daiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #11
buzztree

Quote:
Sounds like you're suffering from overload. If you find the game is getting repetitive, then you need to take a break and not keep soldiering on.
buzztree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:08 AM   #12
Sæde

Quote:
Originally Posted by banzaigtv View Post
Kill all innocent NPCs and guards in every city and get max bounty. Practice your archery / sneak skills on unsuspecting NPCs.
It is fun. But you have to make sure to be able to pay the bounty.
Sæde is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V