Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Old 10-31-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
Inhibitor

Air for Steam
Embracing Google's Material Design language, Air has been redesigned to be bold without compromise.
Showcasing consistent beauty through minimal design, the new Air is here!

Join the NEW Community Group

Last edited by Inhibitor: 10-31-2014 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
Qrome

Looks great! Will definitely be giving this a try, I've been looking for a skin like this for awhile.
Qrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
VAIOS

Just installed it and I'm incredibly impressed. I love it already.
Will definitely let you know if I come across any graphical bugs and such. You also might want to include a screenshot of the overlay on the first post, I think that it deserves some recognition too!
VAIOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
Inhibitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAIOS View Post
You also might want to include a screenshot of the overlay on the first post, I think that it deserves some recognition too!
Good call, updated.

Enjoy guys, thanks for the positive comments! :]
Inhibitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:32 PM   #5
NinjaEngineer

Looks nice.
NinjaEngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:21 AM   #6
SgtSimpson

Loving it!
I like the fact that (Unlike the Windows 8 theme) you've put the Status options at the top - where it's 'spose to be!

One little bug (/thing I can't find): Where's the buttons for Workshop, Greenlight etc under Community? I can only get to the Community feed...

Edit: Found another bug - There's a Big Picture button, even if you don't have the beta...

Thanks and keep up the great work!

(Oh, one other thing - Anyway to make the background of the client... less grey? Or maybe a tad bit darker?
Okay, I lied, it was two things. Could you add a little 'Add a Game' button to the bottom left of the Library? Just for ease of use and it'll be out the way! Thanks again!)

Last edited by SgtSimpson: 11-01-2012 at 04:24 AM.
SgtSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #7
Qrome

I'm incredibly impressed so far too, especially with the sleek new overlay and friends list. My only complaint is that the community section is a bit harder to navigate with the sub-category buttons missing. Even with this small annoyance, this has got to be one of my favorite skins.
Qrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:19 PM   #8
Inhibitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSimpson View Post
One little bug (/thing I can't find): Where's the buttons for Workshop, Greenlight etc under Community? I can only get to the Community feed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrome View Post
My only complaint is that the community section is a bit harder to navigate with the sub-category buttons missing.
Good catch guys. I don't use the new community features much personally, so I didn't even notice it missing. I'll have an update for this tonight or tomorrow.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:38 AM   #9
Inhibitor

Quote:
Where's the buttons for Workshop, Greenlight etc under Community? I can only get to the Community feed...

Edit: Found another bug - There's a Big Picture button, even if you don't have the beta...

Thanks and keep up the great work!
Fixed, and fixed! Check out v1.01 and the changelog in the OP. Thanks for the kind words!

Quote:
Okay, I lied, it was two things. Could you add a little 'Add a Game' button to the bottom left of the Library? Just for ease of use and it'll be out the way! Thanks again!
I would rather keep the interface as clean as possible. There is a link to this in the main menu.

Quote:
Oh, one other thing - Anyway to make the background of the client... less grey? Or maybe a tad bit darker?
Changing the background color is quite simple actually. I'm not planning to change it for my default release but you can fiddle with it to find something you'd prefer.

Go into the skin folder and open Resource > styles > steam.styles with notepad. Right near the top you should see a few lines that specify the colors of my skin.

Code:
skinRibbon="32 32 32 255"
skinRibbon2="31 31 31 255"
skinNormal="36 36 36 255"
skinRibbon is the darker ribbon at the top of the windows. skinRibbon2 is a slightly darker 1px line right underneath that. And finally, skinNormal is the standard skin background.

If you would like the background to be slightly darker, try changing the first 3 numbers of skinNormal to lower values. The lower you go, the darker it gets (with 0 being black). Leave the 255 as is.

For example:
Code:
skinNormal="30 30 30 255"
In order to see your changes, you will have to save steam.styles and restart Steam.

As a side note: you can't really mess anything up. If something goes wrong, you can just re-download the skin and overwrite the broken version.

Last edited by Inhibitor: 11-02-2012 at 02:45 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:08 AM   #10
spencer314

Thanks for this, I love minimal skins. Keep up the great work!
spencer314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:40 AM   #11
SgtSimpson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
*Loads of helpful, useful text*
Thanks for fixing the community links!
Also, A big thank you for making a little tutorial how to make the background darker - it really helped! (To be honest, I was expecting it to be harder :3)
SgtSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:05 AM   #12
roB:de

nice work. Actually, I was thinking about making a metro-skin. But this one is looking good.
roB:de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #13
Inhibitor

Quote:
Thanks for fixing the community links!
Also, A big thank you for making a little tutorial how to make the background darker - it really helped! (To be honest, I was expecting it to be harder :3)
You are quite welcome!

--

Thanks spencer314 and roB:de, enjoy!
Old 11-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #14
VAIOS

Any thoughts on having a notification button somewhere without spoiling the interface? I thought along the bottom bar would be a good idea. The button would light up if theres a notification and disappear if not; the colour would be based upon the current colour being used.
For example...
VAIOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #15
Inhibitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAIOS View Post
Any thoughts on having a notification button somewhere without spoiling the interface? I thought along the bottom bar would be a good idea. The button would light up if theres a notification and disappear if not; the colour would be based upon the current colour being used.
For example...
Thanks for the suggestion. I had someone else request this as well, so it's on my to-do list. I'll see what I can do!

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion