Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 11-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
devman

Thumbs up "Failed to Accept" Fix

This is not the same is the "failed to join" issue that is in the stickies! This should probably get its own sticky though.

If you try to use the matchmaker and get an error such as "You failed to hit accept so you have been removed from the queue" then you probably need to turn down your "Max pings / Minute" setting in Steam.

Starting from the main Steam window

Steam Menu > Settings > Download+Cloud Tab

The option you want to change is called
"Game Server Browser: max pings/ minute"

Set it to something low like 250 or 500.

Generally this has nothing to do with your connection throughput (how fast your connection is). The problem usually lies with the small NAT tables in consumer grade network gateways (your router). When the NAT table is filled up you can't create any more connections going outside the network, the result is packets get dropped and it appears that your internet connection stops working when in reality it is just new connections that stop working.

Sessions that are already connected like IM or VoIP programs will continue to work as the connections are already in the NAT table. New connections will be dropped (like trying to open up a web page) and it will appear like your internet is not working at all for some programs. In my case it takes about 120 seconds for my router to reap dead UDP sessions from the NAT table (which is what all pings MM is doing are).

Credit for finding the fix goes to this OP of this thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2969071
Old 11-01-2012, 11:16 PM   #2
deathman10

Yes, It works for me and my friends.
deathman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:13 AM   #3
thizzweed

Yes. This also worked for me set it from 5000 down to 500 a few weeks ago and haven't got the error since.
thizzweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:13 AM   #4
maxmiz

I put 1000 and me me connect within 1mn

But everything is going to depend on your router. Mine is old but for the recent, I do not think that you need to lower this value.
maxmiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #5
devman

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmiz View Post
I put 1000 and me me connect within 1mn

But everything is going to depend on your router. Mine is old but for the recent, I do not think that you need to lower this value.
There are a handful of popular routers that have miserably small NAT tables. There is also a problem of people who get routers from there ISPs. Verizon FIOS, for instance, provides routers to customers and several hardware revisions of that router have small NAT tables.

If you've got a newer non crappy router though it should be able to handle 5000/min no problem.

Last edited by devman: 11-04-2012 at 03:10 PM.
devman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #6
da_sauce

i know they really like the whole community built aspect of the counterstrike game but god damn, do we have to fix it too? I guess that's why it's only $15, you earn the other 35 spending time figuring out how to get it to work.
da_sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #7
eax1990

Finaly looks i solved the Problem also - Max Pings lowered during the Registry to 200 works.

Can browse while searching but the acceptbug still exists
eax1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:09 AM   #8
denimboy

Problem hasn't come back yet. I believe it works. (used 500)
denimboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #9
Vandal

This is not working for me... it's strange, a couple days ago I had no trouble(Besides waiting 15-30 minutes to find a match) But now suddenly I get the "Failed to Accept." Any other suggestions? D: I wanna play competitive!
Vandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:00 AM   #10
devman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
This is not working for me... it's strange, a couple days ago I had no trouble(Besides waiting 15-30 minutes to find a match) But now suddenly I get the "Failed to Accept." Any other suggestions? D: I wanna play competitive!
This fix only prevents your instance of Steam from overwhelming your network gateway. Other factors can still cause this issue (i.e. someone else using Steam on the same network, Bittorrent, or anything else that generates a large number of internet connections.)

Example:
If I'm trying to play matchmaking and a roommate is using bittorrent then I will get the "Failed to Accept" problem.

Last edited by devman: 11-08-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #11
Vandal

Thanks that's good advice but I still cant find the source of my problem. =\
Vandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #12
imvexus

Good find. I was wondering why so many games had 9/10 and then drop off, or I'm not watching and see the 'Failed to Accept' message when there was no sound. Will test it out tonight.
imvexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #13
devman

Still seeing threads about this problem almost daily.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive