Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 11-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
drippygoo

How to disable Hearthfire

Hello all...

Like the title says, I am wondering how to disable this DLC.
I have looked around and aside from uninstalling the game and reinstalling I haven't found a way to do this.

Anyone have any ideas?

-Thanks

Edit
*I loaded an older saved before PC issues all is well.*

Last edited by drippygoo: 11-09-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
Breton Warrior

Just turn off the Hearthfires.ESM in your Data Files when you first launch the game.

If you want it totally gone, just pull the Hearthfires.ESM and the same name BSA out of the Skyrim Data Folder, then its not in the game at all. But if you do a verify at anytime Steam will just put it back.

PS: Just turning Off the .ESM will stop it loading so that's all you should need to do, other issues in your game you may believe are related to the DLC may well be the latest or previous patches???
Breton Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #3
drippygoo

When the game menu comes up, that has the Play Game option, is that were I can disable it?

Something happend in the game, and no matter who I talk to they just stand still. I can still interact with people but they dont move.
drippygoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
Breton Warrior

Yes that's the place, you have, Play-Options-Data Files-Tec Support or Exit. Click on Data Files and you get the list of the files being used, do not worry that the Skrim.ESM is not there as you cannot turn that off anyway. Just click turn Off the 'X' next to Hearthfires (click on the X).

As to the 'not moving' problem, I heard of that with the Dawnguard New Characters added into the game, but not with Hearthfires. I have a simple policy on something like this, I try a new start and see if it clears, it will not take long to see if it is still happening in a new game.

Copy your Saves Folder to somewhere safe, its in your My Games-Skyrim Folder in Documents and just try a New Start, I have found many 'little' bugs that have been reported do not always show up with a new start when adding new patches or DLC's. Does not always work but it is a habit of many years and it has worked for me far more often that it has failed.
Breton Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V