Treyarch has posted a list of known issues for the PC here
We have some fixes coming, but we wanted to make you aware of these issues right away in case they affect you:
- A crash may occur if no DLC is owned when joining on a player that is in the Nuketown 2025 lobby.
- Having both an on-board audio device and a PCI sound card enabled at the same time may result in a crash.
- A crash may occur if the user tries to run the game without an audio device installed.
- Changing resolution while livestreaming may result in a crash.
- When viewing a film as a party, users may get a crash if the party leader leaves while the film is buffering.
- Loading Movies might not play if a user unplugs a USB audio output device after the game has launched.
- Users may lose functionality after locking their PC while a loading movie is playing
- A steam error may appear after selecting update when prompted with a “Game Settings Have Changed” message. Launching the game again will resolve this.
Other Known Issues:
- Could not load default asset ‘fonts/720/consolefont’ for asset type ‘font’ - this issue appears to be related to users in Russia and Poland running their clients in English. Setting the game back to the correct language appears to resolve the issue.
- Dependency Failure error when launching game - caused by the game not being fully installed on user's machine. Installing all components of the game (SP, MP, & Zombies) before launching appears to fix the issue.
- Crash at the boat scene in the 2nd mission - Specific to Nvidia graphics cards. Treyarch working with Nvidia on a fix.
- Misc. crashes and freezes - please see the Installation Issues, Game Crashes, and Support Information for further assistance.
NOTE: Nvidia relased a new beta driver
for Black Ops 2.