Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Black Ops II

Old 11-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #31
ATVIAssist

Activision Assist
Hey guys,

We sincerely apologize for the issue that some of you are having with installing Call of Duty Black Ops II on your PC because of you received a copy of Mass Effect 2 instead of Disk 2 of Call of Duty Black Ops II. Rest assured that are teams are investigating trying to find out what cause this to happen.

We do need some of your help in order to find out what's going on. If purchased Call of Duty Black Ops II and you did receive a copy of Mass Effect 2 with your physical copy of the game, let us know where you purchased the game from. When you purchased the game and if you can provide a city and state to where you purchased the game from. This will help us go a long way to find out what's going on.

We know that you want to play the game as soon as possible and luckily you can. I know most users on the Steam forums have a Steam account but for those people who find this through Google or Bing, here are the instruction on how to add a game to your Steam Library. Make sure that you have a current Steam account or create a steam account.

Please follow these instructions to activate a new retail purchase on Steam:

Launch Steam and log into your Steam account.
Click the Games Menu.
Choose Activate a Product on Steam...
Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.

Once again, we sincerly apologize for the issue but we are investigating it to the fullest extent. If we get any new updates, we'll make sure to post it here and also on our support site at support.activision.com. We thank you for understanding and if you need further help regarding this issue, feel free to update this thread. ^MM

Customer Support
Activision Inc.

Twitter: @ATVIAssist
Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/ActivisionAssist

Last edited by ATVIAssist: 11-13-2012 at 11:35 AM.
ATVIAssist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #32
DarkOneX

Same problem here, got home with my Black Ops 2 PC from Gaystop and my 2nd disk is Mass Effect 2, how the hell can this happen!? Luckily I was able to cancel then download the rest through Steam but I want this replaced and any retail store you buy from won't replace an open PC game disk, besides you probably have a high chance of getting another one same way as you couldn't tell by looking at it in store. Hopefully they fix this by either replacing the 2nd disk and/or giving us some free DLC I could live with that
DarkOneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:58 AM   #33
noob3

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVIAssist View Post
dat post
I like how it takes something which Activi$ion can actually get into trouble for before someone like this actually shows up.

If mine does this i'll be sure to provide you with what you asked.

Last edited by noob3: 11-13-2012 at 12:01 PM.
noob3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #34
DarkOneX

Provided this info through a support ticket on the Activision site, hopefully this gets resolved properly.
DarkOneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #35
superhedgehog61

Quote:
Hey guys,

We sincerely apologize for the issue that some of you are having with installing Call of Duty Black Ops II on your PC because of you received a copy of Mass Effect 2 instead of Disk 2 of Call of Duty Black Ops II. Rest assured that are teams are investigating trying to find out what cause this to happen.

We do need some of your help in order to find out what's going on. If purchased Call of Duty Black Ops II and you did receive a copy of Mass Effect 2 with your physical copy of the game, let us know where you purchased the game from. When you purchased the game and if you can provide a city and state to where you purchased the game from. This will help us go a long way to find out what's going on.

We know that you want to play the game as soon as possible and luckily you can. I know most users on the Steam forums have a Steam account but for those people who find this through Google or Bing, here are the instruction on how to add a game to your Steam Library. Make sure that you have a current Steam account or create a steam account.

Please follow these instructions to activate a new retail purchase on Steam:

Launch Steam and log into your Steam account.
Click the Games Menu.
Choose Activate a Product on Steam...
Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.

Once again, we sincerly apologize for the issue but we are investigating it to the fullest extent. If we get any new updates, we'll make sure to post it here and also on our support site at support.activision.com. We thank you for understanding and if you need further help regarding this issue, feel free to update this thread. ^MM

I bought mine at GameStop in Grand Prairie, Texas. Apparently the zip file on the 'Mass Effect 2' cd is corrupt, BTW.
superhedgehog61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #36
Amy

OP, is obviously not the only one, some youtube show the same problem.
http://youtu.be/H_a0TzFx5hE

No dvd got verified sometime? That would avoid this major issue.
Was the DVD got produced at the same location for all the North America?
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #37
Anotherwrld

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
I smell a lawsuit from EA coming. Time to make some popcorn .
I was about to say...
Anotherwrld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #38
richei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_Scythe View Post
It is, because I just did it. Just get to the "disk 2" message, cancel it, and then go to Steam and "resume" the download. Easy Peasy.
Won't work, once you hit cancel, it deletes the entire install and greys out the game in the menu. Tried it twice last night.

The only i can see it working is if you leave the disk 2 message up there, then bring up the downloads que. Use the spacebar to hit ok, then quickly hit resume for whichever part you're trying to do. I didn't want wait 3 hours for it download, but it was working before i quit it.

If you got it retail, just bring it back to the store, they'll give you a new copy if you have the receipt, but i'd have proof of what's on disk 2 though also, like a screen cap or something.
richei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #39
richei

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhedgehog61 View Post
I bought mine at GameStop in Grand Prairie, Texas. Apparently the zip file on the 'Mass Effect 2' cd is corrupt, BTW.
I got mine at the gamestop here in va, just take it back and they'll give you another copy. exchanged mine before i went into work today.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #40
Amy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
I smell a lawsuit from EA coming. Time to make some popcorn .
I bet EA will lawsuit Treyarch, Treyarch will lawsuit the maker of the retail dvds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richei View Post
I got mine at the gamestop here in va, just take it back and they'll give you another copy. exchanged mine before i went into work today.
Mmmm, what about if i take it back this morning too and i get the same problem?

So you take it back, risking to get the same problem but you get an extra cd key for the game?
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #41
richei

Then you take it back again and again until u get a working copy, or just download it, its already linked your account
Old 11-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #42
ATVIAssist

Activision Assist
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhedgehog61 View Post
Thanks for the information. We'll go ahead and forward it along.

Quote:
Did you also experience the issue? Can you tell us what the store number is in Va and a city if you can? It would help us out greatly with the investigation.

To those who are asking why it happened, I can't give you details on them as it is being investigated and can't say if those details will be made public. The main concern is to help out the people who are having an issue and making sure they're on the right track to play the game that they paid for. ^MM

Customer Support
Activision Inc.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #43
MaXGTS

Banned
What Activision should really be apologizing for is the removal of the server list and the inability to lease servers. Appalling!
MaXGTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #44
richei

Quote:
Thanks for the information. We'll go ahead and forward it along.

Did you also experience the issue? Can you tell us what the store number is in Va and a city if you can? It would help us out greatly with the investigation.

To those who are asking why it happened, I can't give you details on them as it is being investigated and can't say if those details will be made public. The main concern is to help out the people who are having an issue and making sure they're on the right track to play the game that they paid for. ^MM
yep, I got this too. The store number is 2511, in Newport news, VA. I just hope this second copy is the right one.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #45
ATVIAssist

Activision Assist
Quote:
yep, I got this too. The store number is 2511, in Newport news, VA. I just hope this second copy is the right one.
Let us know if this also happens with the second copy. If it does, let me know here and i'll send it over to my superiors to get you the right disk. Thanks for the info too. All this is very much appreciated.

Customer Support
Activision Inc.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Black Ops II