Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Black Ops II

Old 11-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #46
Yaminub

Quote:
Originally Posted by richei View Post
yep, I got this too. The store number is 2511, in Newport news, VA. I just hope this second copy is the right one.
That is just too funny, although unrelated to the thread, I live DIRECTLY on the other side of the Big Bethel reservoir in Yorktown. Small world huh?

Carry on.
Yaminub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #47
TrantaLocked

it would be even funnier if the ME2 files were pirated versions.
TrantaLocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:12 PM   #48
Keith Weisshar

Will Activision be able to replace Disk 2 under warranty with the correct game if I send the Disk 2 containing Mass Effect 2 back to them after purchasing the physical version of the game?

Last edited by Keith Weisshar: 11-13-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Keith Weisshar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #49
Amy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVIAssist View Post
Thanks for the information. We'll go ahead and forward it along.

Did you also experience the issue? Can you tell us what the store number is in Va and a city if you can? It would help us out greatly with the investigation.

To those who are asking why it happened, I can't give you details on them as it is being investigated and can't say if those details will be made public. The main concern is to help out the people who are having an issue and making sure they're on the right track to play the game that they paid for. ^MM
Experienced the same issue, Futureshop in Qc, Canada. On the second copy too, they opened the DVD case, they kept the cd-keys and gived the dvds, same problem ME2.

Then they opened 4-5 other boxs and all were having the same problem.

You haven't answered my PM either.
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #50
Washell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy View Post
I bet EA will lawsuit Treyarch, Treyarch will lawsuit the maker of the retail dvds.
Manufacturing, labelling, boxing and shipping are all done by the publisher, not the developer. Valve, as a standalone developer, uses the EA partner program to have EA handle the physical retail side of Valve's releases because it's cheaper than making contracts with a plant themselves. No-one will sue Treyarch over this, only Activision and the plant responsible are liable.
Washell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #51
richei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaminub View Post
That is just too funny, although unrelated to the thread, I live DIRECTLY on the other side of the Big Bethel reservoir in Yorktown. Small world huh?

Carry on.
Very small, used to live over by tabb elementary before I moved to Smithfield.
richei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #52
Amy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washell View Post
Manufacturing, labelling, boxing and shipping are all done by the publisher, not the developer. Valve, as a standalone developer, uses the EA partner program to have EA handle the physical retail side of Valve's releases because it's cheaper than making contracts with a plant themselves. No-one will sue Treyarch over this, only Activision and the plant responsible are liable.
Yeah sorry i meant to say Activision. I wonder why i typed Treyarch when i even verified if it was Activision as the publisher xD.

To get a ME2 dvd, i bet they might have used a factory to make the dvd.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:26 PM   #53
richei

Actually, activision isn't even to blame for this. The gold master was sent to whoever did the duplicating, which could've been the same compay the did the files for ea. It doesn't take but a few clicks of a button to screw things up. Any programmer can tell you that.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #54
richei

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVIAssist View Post
Let us know if this also happens with the second copy. If it does, let me know here and i'll send it over to my superiors to get you the right disk. Thanks for the info too. All this is very much appreciated.
The 2nd disk on the new copy appears correct. I looked at the contents before i started the install. Had a bunch of depocaches and a bo2 icon.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:49 PM   #55
Washell

Quote:
Actually, activision isn't even to blame for this.
Yes they are, they sold a faulty product. They will naturally hold the plant in question in turn for their loss, but from the consumer's point of view, Activision is liable.
Washell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #56
richei

If it happened to people downloading it from steam i'd agree with you, but since its not, I don't. Once they release it for duplication, its up to the company to make sure the right content gets on the right disk. If anyonne will be sued, it'll be ea and activision in a joint suit against the other company. Though i seriously doubt anyone will be sued over this. Its not like me2 was actually released.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #57
TriggRNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niji89 View Post
Wow, how do Activision end up incorrectly duplicating thousands of copies of an EA game?
The answer is they don't. The disc pressing company they contract the job out to did it. Unless you think Activision have a few thousand copies of a rival firms game sitting about
TriggRNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #58
Amy

Quote:
And activision in a joint suit against the other company. Though i seriously doubt anyone will be sued over this. Its not like me2 was actually released.
Actually, by having Mass Effect 2 on the disc, they were distributing files that some haven't paid the license for.

Not sure who's the fault but i would seriously not be surprised to see lawsuit in this!
Old 11-14-2012, 01:47 AM   #59
skyguardian18

Hahaha, well done [INSERT DVD DUPLICATION COMPANY HERE]...
It just same when Assassin's Creed production in 2008 when on of the Charlotte (North Carolina-based Optical Experts Manufacturing) worker leak the code on internet and make 700,000 pirated pre-release downloads before the game released
Don't blame Bioware, EA, Activision or Treyarch. Blame the DVD company
Article about Assassin's Creed leak if you forget: http://asia.gamespot.com/news/ubisof...d-leak-6195570
skyguardian18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #60
superhedgehog61

[QUOTEATVIAssist] Thanks for the information. We'll go ahead and forward it along.

So, I've played the game since I downloaded it from steam, but can I maybe go back to Gamestop and get a replacement CD? Or order a real disc 2 from somewhere?
superhedgehog61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Black Ops II