Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Off Topic

Old 11-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
Blood Eagle

Banned
Red face Planetside 2 Beta Uninstall

Okay, so the beta is over, and they are going to require a complete re-download of the game (dumb, but I'm indifferent since I was going to re-install the Steam client anyway) and I want to uninstall the beta right now to get ready.

The Windows uninstall thing won't work because it won't run the uninstaller as an admin, and so it fails (Windows 7). But I can't find where the stupid thing installs to. It didn't let me change it when installing, and it's no where in the normal Program Files directory.

I would be asking on the official forums about this, but some genius at Sony decided to send you to a count-down timer for the game's release when trying to access any of the old sub-pages like the forums or support (and you can't find any support stuff on the main SOE support database either).

If someone could help me out, I will give you all of the things.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #2
UberMudkipz

So far, the best way to uninstall it is to navigate to C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\.

Delete that folder and then go to control panel > add or remove programs, and uninstall Planetside. It will probably give you an error such as "Program has already been uninstalled or cannot be found."

That should remove the bulk of the files and the shortcut. Any of the scattered files will probably be picked up by the release client in a few days.
UberMudkipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
Blood Eagle

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberMudkipz View Post
So far, the best way to uninstall it is to navigate to C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\.

Delete that folder and then go to control panel > add or remove programs, and uninstall Planetside. It will probably give you an error such as "Program has already been uninstalled or cannot be found."

That should remove the bulk of the files and the shortcut. Any of the scattered files will probably be picked up by the release client in a few days.
Thank you.

Wish they had a pre-load... I don't want someone to take my name; I'm hoping to nab M'uadib.
Blood Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #4
Lethal_Sting

You did at least keep the useroptions.ini so you don't have to fiddle around with all the controls?

Took me a couple of days to get the sensitivity of each to right place.
Lethal_Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
Nettacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal_Sting View Post
You did at least keep the useroptions.ini so you don't have to fiddle around with all the controls?

Took me a couple of days to get the sensitivity of each to right place.
Eh, I can deal with that.
Nettacki is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Off Topic