Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Far Cry series

Old 12-01-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
DigiTM73

Uplay game transfer

I just bought Farcry3, installed, and played. It went to uplay launcher to activate so I activated it. Then I realised that the account was logged in under my ex girlfriends account (she must've been playing one of her games prior through uplay before the breakup). Is there a way to transfer the game to my account? I tried to rebuy the game through steam but they are saying I own the game, but now I don't since she does through Ubisoft.
So I paid for a game that will be impossible to play? I'm cheesed so much that I want to delete her account perm so she loses everything.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
Kaybald

lol

5char
Kaybald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
JustAnotherFan

Get in touch with Ubisoft because we can't help you.
JustAnotherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #4
DigiTM73

I will call them. I cannot understand why I pay for something and have to work to get it working, while one of my work colleagues has no problems playing any game yet he has never bought a game in his life.
Lesson learnt, don't let others touch your computer.
DigiTM73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
Aullah

First I wanted to say, that it was your fault, but I hope Ubi help you transfer... but then I read:

"I'm cheesed so much that I want to delete her account perm so she loses everything."

You are a fukin bag. You deserved it... LOSER.
Aullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #6
cannondale06

Banned
hopefully they will fix it for you but your attitude about your girlfriend is ridiculous.
cannondale06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #7
Nite69

Banned
lessoned learned for sure when you have multiple accounts in the same house, next time look at the login ID before you buy a game. They are locked for security reasons so it can't be sold.

It's just the way it is now days or the developers lose money to used copies. If you really wanted to sell a game now, each would have to be on a seperate account, but thats more effort then its worth.
Nite69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:37 AM   #8
DigiTM73

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannondale06 View Post
hopefully they will fix it for you but your attitude about your girlfriend is ridiculous.
Ex girlfriend. Thus my displeasure. Had a bad run where she became defacto therefore on breakup came out with a lot of my stuff, yet peeps here are calling me the ?
Not going to delete it, after all I have her username and password, I'll just keep logging into her account to play unless it gets fixed.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:28 AM   #9
Nite69

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTM73 View Post
Ex girlfriend. Thus my displeasure. Had a bad run where she became defacto therefore on breakup came out with a lot of my stuff, yet peeps here are calling me the ?
Not going to delete it, after all I have her username and password, I'll just keep logging into her account to play unless it gets fixed.
what if she decided to login at the same time you do? her account will get banned and you will lose access to FC3 cause of 2 people trying to access it on different IP's

also she might change the password if she finds out someway you are using it.
Nite69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:28 AM   #10
flambeau2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aullah View Post
First I wanted to say, that it was your fault, but I hope Ubi help you transfer... but then I read:

"I'm cheesed so much that I want to delete her account perm so she loses everything."

You are a fukin bag. You deserved it... LOSER.
I would never put it in such words but, yeah, pretty much what I thought

Quote:
Firstly, it doesn't matter if she's your GF or ex-GF, you your attitude about her is still immature and ridiculous.

Secondly, people are calling your "hearts" because you are behaving as if the wrong activation had been her fault when, in fact, it was your fault. My entire family messes w/ my PC but I always go and check which account I'm logged in before doing stuff. No need to this never-let-anyone-touch-my-PC-anymore drama, being careful does the job

Thirdly, remember it's HER account and that she can probably prove it, so if you keep messing w/ it you could became the guy who stole her account

Anyway, pretty much what people said, only chance is contact Ubi. Hope they can help you, after all you paid for the game
flambeau2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:27 AM   #11
DigiTM73

flambeau2 - Cheers, good advice. I apologise for my stupidness on my posts. I should've taken a chillpill beforehand. I tried contacting Ubi but the office is only open Mon-Fri, will call then.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #12
dat_dupe

Quote:
I will call them. I cannot understand why I pay for something and have to work to get it working, while one of my work colleagues has no problems playing any game yet he has never bought a game in his life.
Lesson learnt, don't let others touch your computer.
wait, this was your fault. if you had paid attention to who's uplay account it was at the time this would have never happened.

contact ubisoft they may be able to transfer the game.
dat_dupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #13
hahahehe

Highly doubtful they'll do anything. For a start your gonna need to get your EX to provide them with her account info as the game you want support for is tied to her account, they prob wont even talk to you without her say so. Even then they'll hide behind their EULA which no doubt will say Games are none transferable between accounts no matter the reason
hahahehe is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Far Cry series