Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Far Cry series

Old 12-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
yapchagi

far cry 3 control button bug

New bug for far cry 3.
So action key by default is "E" button.

I changed it to "Backspace" and it's working good so far...until you have to exit from the jeep and u can't get off the jeep while holding backspace button or any button for that matter, except the "E" default button. Even when "E" button is NOT assigned for action key, you still have to hold the E button to exit the jeep.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
WheelChair58

Quote:
Originally Posted by yapchagi View Post
New bug for far cry 3.

I changed it to "Backspace" and it's working good so far...until you have to exit from the jeep and u can't get off the jeep while holding backspace button or any button for that matter, except the "E" default button. Even when "E" button is NOT assigned for action key, you still have to hold the E button to exit the jeep.
HELLO NICE PERSONS!

I'm in the same boat. No matter what key I assign to the interact key I can't get out of the jeep in the 1st mission. I even tried to jump out to no avail.

Any assistance would be most helpful!

W__
WheelChair58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #3
Bicketybam

Quote:
Originally Posted by yapchagi View Post
New bug for far cry 3.

It is not a new bug, it was there in the beginning.

On that section, doesn't matter if you have rebound your keys, press and hold the E button and it should let you out of the vehicle. If that still doesn't work, reset your keys to default, restart the game (reload that mission) and then press and hold E. After that then just rebind your keys again, you shouldn't have that issue again.
Bicketybam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #4
yapchagi

yeah I passed that mission already. It's weird that it only happens on that 1st mission.
yapchagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #5
fainter

A good work around for right now if you don't want to wait for Ubi to fix this, is to create an AutoHotKey script that will remap your keyboard to the button you want to use for the assigned default key.

I could post my script later tonight if anyone is having trouble.
fainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #6
MartG

Quote:
Originally Posted by fainter View Post
A good work around for right now if you don't want to wait for Ubi to fix this, is to create an AutoHotKey script that will remap your keyboard to the button you want to use for the assigned default key.

I could post my script later tonight if anyone is having trouble.
They won't fix it
I'm 99% sure of this because Far Cry 2 had exactly the same issue and they never bothered to fix it.

There are other remapping issues too, remap the movement keys and it breaks the hangliders (just like in Far Cry 2)

most ubisoft games are full of bugs that never get fixed because they don't give a s**t about their customers once they've got your money.
MartG is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Far Cry series