Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Old 12-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
Epsilon

Current List of Old Content System Games

The conversion process is finished. The old content system is no longer functional. The list below is now out-of-date. Please disregard it.

--

Presented is a list of apps which may still be on the old content system. This is an interesting thing to track as once nothing is using the old content system, it can be removed on Steam, and this will probably lead to a number of benefits, as well as legacy things like the clientregistry.blob no longer being used.

If you know for a fact that anything listed below isn't publicly accessible, or you believe there is anything missing, please post.

For the current up-to-date list, see https://www.dropbox.com/s/jippu8i8dz...2forumapps.txt. The list is also reproduced below, but it is not kept automatically up-to-date like file on Dropbox is.

0 old content system games:

21 old content system tools:

0 old content system demos:

* Already has SteamPipe content set up, but not yet publicly converted.
† Has a SteamPipe beta available.

Last edited by Epsilon: 12-19-2013 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Brave new world.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
playaR

Banned
Still a really long list.
playaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
Tannekr

When compared to the entire catalog of Steam games, it's not really that big at all.
Tannekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
DoubleD

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannekr View Post
When compared to the entire catalog of Steam games, it's not really that big at all.
True.

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose..
DoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #5
mail box

Does anyone know if Far Cry 3 gives the option to install on a different hard drive? Don't want to uninstall to find out.
mail box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #6
DoubleD

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by mail box View Post
Does anyone know if Far Cry 3 gives the option to install on a different hard drive? Don't want to uninstall to find out.
Did you check the list?

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose..
DoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #7
mail box

Sorry, just wanted to find out for sure, since it's so new.
mail box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:29 AM   #8
Epsilon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannekr View Post
Yup. For scale, the new content system list is now about 10 times as long as this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail box View Post
Sorry, just wanted to find out for sure, since it's so new.
As a rule, new games are now released on the new content system directly.
Epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:18 AM   #9
cakefish

No love for Half-Life games still?
cakefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:12 AM   #10
s333ftricky

EDIT: Seem to be missing a few (unless you're not counting ones that appear to be on both systems)

Last edited by s333ftricky: 12-11-2012 at 10:01 PM.
s333ftricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:32 AM   #11
Epsilon

Quote:
Originally Posted by s333ftricky View Post
EDIT: Seem to be missing a few
Thanks, fixed up my data sources a bit and now I seem to have most of the ones you listed as missing, so I'll count that as a win.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #12
Kidofthecentury

Not sure if this count as DLC, but do you plan to add extra content from special editions? For example, Deus Ex:HR's bonus content from the Augmented Edition is not yet converted.

(+rep for the list, BTW.)
Kidofthecentury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #13
Zlin

I would not include the preorder placeholder apps in the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofthecentury View Post
Not sure if this count as DLC, but do you plan to add extra content from special editions? For example, Deus Ex:HR's bonus content from the Augmented Edition is not yet converted.

(+rep for the list, BTW.)
It appears under tools and most tools on the old system aren't listed either.
Zlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:35 AM   #14
DAOWAce

I was about to create a thread ing about how some games don't let you install in your custom library folders, then kept searching around and managed to find this thread.

Valve needs to update these games to use the new content system. Look how new some of them are.

The BPM update really ed up my games library because I had junctioned/symlinked the entire steamapps folder. Once the update hit, Steam went haywire deleting my game content, downloading random demos, re-downloading games it deleted, even downloading full games with zero confirmation after I deleted everything in the Steam directory!

In the end, I was forced to reinstall steam, which wiped my registry of all the installed games, causing issues not only with Steam again, but with Xfire.

I wrote about the full experience here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...38&postcount=6

Earlier today I finally decided to delete all the appmanifest files and individually reinstall every game I had installed. It fixed everything..

..until I got to the games I couldn't choose a directory for.

I cannot install the games onto my main drive. It's my Windows/Apps SSD. I have a dedicated games SSD and HDD I install all my games onto.

What will it take to get Valve to convert the straggling games over to the new content system? As it stands, I cannot play a few of the games on this list I have been meaning to play (and one my friend just bought for co-op). I DO NOT want to re-junction the folder somewhere because that's what screwed steam up in the first place with BPM (which Valve knew about early in beta but apparently never bothered to fix; guess us symlink users were the minority).

Also: Fate of the World in your list appears to be wrong? Its ID is 80200 for me and appears to be using the new content system, as it can be installed in a custom library folder.

Last edited by DAOWAce: 12-14-2012 at 07:31 PM.
DAOWAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #15
Epsilon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlin View Post
I would not include the preorder placeholder apps in the list.

It appears under tools and most tools on the old system aren't listed either.
Yeh, they got brought in as a side-effect. When I have time to write the code to exclude particular apps they'll go.

Tools aren't in by design. When the list is whittled further I'll consider showing them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAOWAce View Post
Valve needs to update these games to use the new content system. Look how new some of them are.

What will it take to get Valve to convert the straggling games over to the new content system?

Also: Fate of the World in your list appears to be wrong? Its ID is 80200 for me and appears to be using the new content system, as it can be installed in a custom library folder.
They're converting new games on a pretty regular basis. It seems like there's a lot of games on this list, but after all, it isn't showing the over 1800 games that have been converted already.

As regards "Fate of the World" it seems to be one of those odd cases where the game is listed multiple times on Steam. Here's the listing for the appid I list for it from the Steam CDR: http://marlamin.com/cdr/single.php?type=app&id=80209

I'll filter it out in the next version of the list; having 7 (i.e. winui) as your primary cache is a dead giveaway it's not a real app.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion