Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 12-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
cyanide814

Talking Creating CSGO dedicated server

Ok. This is exactly what I want to do.

I want to create an OFFLINE server WITH DEATMATCH ONLY. So that I can play with BOTS. (For warming up).

Now in CSS I was able to do that with ease. CSGO seems to be a little bit different. I am able to create a normal casual server and then change the level to an AIM map and add the bots so its 10v10. But I am NOT able to change it to deathmatch/INSTANT respawn.

Is there a command that can instantly respawn like as in the GUNGAME.?? is there a hidden command so that I can select "Casual Gaming, Add the bots, change the level I want, and make the respawn at all times"?

Or do I have to upload a deathmatch config? which I don't know how to do or where to find it........

ORRRR. last but not least have to create my own online server and upload some type of config so that I can make it deathmatch.

But I rather just some how make a quick easly offline deathmatch with bots.

If there is a way can some one give me specific instructions on how to do this EITHER Way. I saw a forum on how to make a dedicated server but it seemed quite complicated or maybe I wasn't just reading it right.

But would be greatly appriecitated if some one could please help me.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
crUshed420

This is one of the more popular deathmatch mods for CS:GO :

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=189577

Works fine for dedicated servers online or offline, in whatever mode you want (ie classic casual, classic competitive, etc).

Quote:
Description
--------------------------------------------------

This plugin enables deathmatch style gameplay. It has the following components:

Spawn Point Editor - Allows admins to add or modify spawn points for each map.
Objectives Removal - Disables bomb sites, and removes C4 and hostages.
Respawning - Respawns players when they die.
Spawn Protection - Protects spawning players from enemy fire for a limited period of time.
Gun Menu - Allows players to select primary and or secondary weapons.
Weapon Removal - Removes weapons that are on the ground or dropped.
Replenish Ammo - Gives players ammo to prevent them running out.

There are two key differences between this and other DM plugins:

1) Everything required for DM is packaged into a single plugin for ease of use.
2) By default, this DM plugin uses line of sight spawning, to prevent players from spawning directly infront of or behind enemies, giving both players a better chance, and significantly reducing
spawn killing. Distance based spawning is also available.
crUshed420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
frooshiantee

Here is another solution that uses only console commands:

Start an "Offline With Bots" game. Start with "changelevel " in console and it will list the maps you have available in your maps folder. You can hit the up or down arrows and then hit enter when you see the aim map you want. Hit enter, and let the map load.

These are the commands you can use to set the number of allowable players, your freeze time, start money, money after each round, max money, and then you just add the bots.

bot_kick
mp_buytime 9999
mp_startmoney 60000
mp_maxmoney 60000
mp_freezetime 0
mp_autoteambalance 0
mp_limitteams 50
mp_maxrounds 100
bot_add
bot_add_ct
bot_add_t
mp_restartgame 1

To summarize what these do:

bot_kick - will kick all bots from the server so you can set up without getting killed.

mp_buytime 9999 - that's a random number i chose, allows you to buy weapons throughout the round.

mp_autoteambalance 0
mp_limitteams 50 - these 2 commands allow you to add (in casual classic) 10 bots to each team, and teams can be uneven, for example 10 bots on T and only you on CT.

mp_maxrounds 100 - you can set this to whatever you want. Pretty self explanatory.

bot_add - will add a bot to one team at a time each time you type it in until you hit the limit, which in casual is 10 players per team.

mp_restartgame 1 - will restart the match in 1 second. This should be used after you set all of your commands to apply the changes.
frooshiantee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #4
cyanide814

Ok but once I put the files in my C:/ CSGO folders. how do I start it up in a OFFLINE AIM map
cyanide814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #5
cyanide814

frooshiante. That actually is probably what im going to have to do. Because I cant figure out how to load this Deathmatch at all. I have all the files where they should be. I just don't know how to extract/load the config/plugins
cyanide814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
frooshiantee

Once you have the maps in your maps folder, unfortunately you can't start a server right up into that map. You choose from the available maps, and then use the changelevel command. It's annoying, i know, but hopefully they will add a custom map selection to that list. I'm sure that's not even on their radar with all the other demands from our community :/

I think it's great to have a feature for players to play by themselves, and they should make it easier to use, and choose different maps. I use it all the time to test ideas, learn new maps, work on recoil control.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:28 AM   #7
bob7_again

First of all , when you mean OFFLINE server , what server you want?

A listen server? (server running from your own game) or a dedicated server (server is a standalone programm running on your computer)

The only difference between them is that a listen server is quicker to config and don't eat so much resources , (it's only csgo.exe running) in a cost of when you disconnect , server is shutted down.
bob7_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #8
MarekB

Frooshiantee, that was very helpful =) Many thanks for innovative logical thinking =)
MarekB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #9
frooshiantee

Glad I could help. Also wanted to let you know even though it's an "offline" server, you can still have a friend join you if you open the 27015 port on your router.

So if you're in your offline server, type "status" in console, and it will give you the IP:PORT. That port is the UDP port you open on your router. The IP will be the IP assigned to you by your ISP.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive