Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Old 12-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
?!?

Team Fortress 2 Sniper Statue

The 4th in GamingHeads's TF2 line, the Sniper preorders are open!

http://www.gamingheads.com/

Update:

The reason I created this topic is because I found this new preorder worth to mention. Partly because Valve does not promote it too heavily. As there are no promo codes/items, community seems to unnotice these offerings. People who collect this type of statues are not average gamers. If you dive into a statue collectors communities you will learn quickly that everything under $100 is considered dirt cheap. I understand that this might be hard to understand for those who do not belong to one of those communities. But I know that there are collectors here too who might be interested. And you do not have to be a collector at all. These things are pretty big and take some space, so its totally ok to have only one - your favourite character.
The second thing what people sometimes seem to not see is that there is a lot more behind this than a few kilos of polystone and some paint. These products are licenced limited editions which will not come back. Just like when you see a BluRay movie or a software disk on a shelf (which are usually mass products btw), its not just a few grams of plastic and a package. There is a lot of artistic work behind it. Its like a tiny part of TF2 universe.

I'm not here to sell products. Just trying to explain a bits which large part of vocal community here seems to not understand. Including an admin who thought he made an awesomely good joke renaming totally adequate forum topic's name "Team Fortress 2 Sniper Statue" to some nonsense, understandable only to him - TF2 Blog: "Well, Now I'm a Statue".
Good job mate, you sure do earned your position!

Last edited by ?!?: 12-12-2012 at 01:27 AM. Reason: update
Old 12-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
heinous

exclusive comes with razorback. hah!
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #3
?!?

There will be the Spy in a future, need to be cautious
?!? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
BabiesPls

The price! Ouch.
BabiesPls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #5
XxSakoxX

Everything they make is terribly overpriced.
XxSakoxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #6
NinePipeProblem

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSakoxX View Post
But people still buy.
NinePipeProblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #7
Bud042

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSakoxX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinePipeProblem View Post
But people still buy.
Many people who are interested in TF2 seem to not have the ability to spend their money wisely, unfortunately.
Bud042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #8
?!?

As an owner of the BLU and RED Heavy, Soldier, upcoming Medic and Sniper I cant recommend these high quality collectible statues enough.

The short answer is that these statues are highly detailed collectibles limited to only a few hundred pieces world wide. They are not mass produced toys. They use the best materials to make statues and each statue is hand finished and hand painted to the highest standard. A lot of time, skill and effort goes into making a statue.

As GamingHeads produces other statues from titles like Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 2 ..... a statue of a particular character may cost more or less than statue of another character. The difference in price is generally due to its size and the amount of material and time taken to make it. Typically, a 1/4 scale statue is more expensive than a 1/6 scale statue - however that is not always the case. For example, the 1/6 scale L4D2 Tank statue - in all of its gruesome glory - stands approximately 15" tall and is the same price as the taller 1/4 scale Headcrab Zombie statue standing at approximately 20" tall. This is due to the Tank's sheer bulk. At 8+ kg (i.e. almost 20 lbs) the Tank is a real monster.

Just to give you the idea what its all about feel free to check out these reviews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oqrUpNMJUw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuLJcORQaUQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q2A0xuPs64

Last edited by ?!?: 12-11-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:33 PM   #9
?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud042 View Post
Many people who are interested in TF2 seem to not have the ability to spend their money wisely, unfortunately.
Who are YOU to judge, care or comment how other people spend THEIR earned money???
Old 12-11-2012, 12:34 PM   #10
Treeckoluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?!? View Post
Who are YOU to judge, care or oomment how other people spend THEIR earned money???

As an owner of the BLU and RED Heavy, Soldier, upcoming Medic and Sniper I cant recommend these high quality collectible statues enough.

The short answer is that these statues are highly detailed collectibles limited to only a few hundred pieces world wide. They are not mass produced toys. They use the best materials to make statues and each statue is hand finished and hand painted to the highest standard. A lot of time, skill and effort goes into making a statue.

As GamingHeads produces other statues from titles like Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 2 ..... a statue of a particular character may cost more or less than statue of another character. The difference in price is generally due to its size and the amount of material and time taken to make it. Typically, a 1/4 scale statue is more expensive than a 1/6 scale statue - however that is not always the case. For example, the 1/6 scale L4D2 Tank statue - in all of its gruesome glory - stands approximately 15" tall and is the same price as the taller 1/4 scale Headcrab Zombie statue standing at approximately 20" tall. This is due to the Tank's sheer bulk. At 8+ kg (i.e. almost 20 lbs) the Tank is a real monster.

Just to give you the idea what its all about feel free to check out these reviews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oqrUpNMJUw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuLJcORQaUQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q2A0xuPs64
Jeez, you must have spent a long time rehearsing that sales pitch.
Or you're just a sucker :3

Anyway, I think they're overpriced. I love Tf2, but not THAT much.
Treeckoluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #11
Bud042

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?!? View Post
Who are YOU to judge, care or comment how other people spend THEIR earned money???
People judge other people, deal with it.

It's an awesome statue, but $250? that.
Bud042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #12
MellonCollie

No huntsman? No buy.
MellonCollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #13
NinePipeProblem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellonCollie View Post
No huntsman? No buy.
Btu razzorblakc is btter lmao
NinePipeProblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #14
?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud042 View Post
It's an awesome statue, but $250? that.
I agree these are an awesome statues (now we are finally talking about quality). And surely these things are not for everybody. Not for folks who are used to shop $5 figures from Sears or smth.

FYI shipping to my country costs $125 + 20% VAT + 10% customs tax per statue.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #15
Sud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckoluv View Post
Jeez, you must have spent a long time rehearsing that sales pitch.
Or you're just a sucker :3

Anyway, I think they're overpriced. I love Tf2, but not THAT much.
Teh Venus De Milo is OVARPRICED!!!!11 It doesn't even have ARMS!!

Practicality and art are parallel lines that don't intersect. These things are decorative and are priced as such, ye poor and irish.
Sud is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2