Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Old 12-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
Amiculi

War Z - *Merged Threads*

Sadness, it is back. I'd check and see if it's any better but I really doubt it.

Upside, to those of you who still want some good zombie action, Day Z is now on Steam. So it's a One-Click install process, all you need is ARMA II Combined Operations.

Hopefully soon we'll see the Stand Alone release.

Pretty soon we may need to start feeling bad for them...

The War Z has been removed from Steam.

Steam ain't having no bad zombies.

I'm blown away by the community's banding together in this. Steam is better than products like War Z and while it may come back, I do hope it will be in a better state.

My biggest hope from this is that in the future Steam puts a bit more effort into quality checking and fact checking games they allow to be sold on their platforms. They don't need to play it to endgame or something, but it's clear that no checking was done on War Z.

I've always been a big fan of the platform and I continue to be now. This was never a campaign of hate from the community, we just didn't want more people scammed, or even severely disappointed. Few games have represented themselves as inaccurately as War Z did on their store page and here's to hoping no more manage to slip through like that again.

Kudos to everyone here as well as Steam.

ORIGINAL TEXT:

I don't know where I should bring this up but I guess someone who knows will see it here.

The War Z should NOT be on steam.

It isn't up to Steam's usual level of quality, and its store page is a pack of lies. The game is a broken, mess at current and it's unlikely to improve.

The screenshots are all completely faked, even the trailer contains a lot of content that doesn't exist, while it does give a slightly more accurate view of the game.

It is filled with hackers who cheat day in and day out, it was filled with legitimate players who have been banned for no reason. The world is bleak and empty.

The game's description on the store page is almost entirely fabrications. Out of all of its bullet points of content, the only ones that actually exist in the game are "Combination of First-Person and Third Person Perspectives", there being PVE and PVP, and it not having a subscription.

To anyone considering buying the game, I can't stress enough that you're better snagging ARMA:CO-OPs for DayZ or waiting for the DayZ stand-alone release. This is coming from someone who hasn't yet played DayZ. This is also coming from someone who won his War Z key in a giveaway. I have nothing riding on this except to inform the community and hopefully someone at Valve that the game is, for lack of a better term, a scam.

If this is inappropriate or the like, mods, please delete the thread, but the community should be informed.

Last edited by Amiculi: 03-03-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
roegner1030

I second this motion.

This game is awful and the screenshots + trailer absolutely do NOT represent the actual game. The company / development team behind this game are shady at best. They constantly lie and attempt to cheat customers out of their money.

Accounts that purchase large amounts of GC (their in-game currency that can be purchased for real life money) will not be banned regardless of the use of any exploits, glitches, or third-party programs (hacks).

They're also charging additional fees for forming clans larger than four people (clans were originally supposed to be free, then they began charging for them, and finally, they gave new clans four slots for free).

This game is full of holes and lies and it does not deserve to be associated with Steam / Valve in any way, shape, or form.

Other interesting and important notes:
* They are banning players randomly without due cause.
* All models / art assets were copied over from WarInc. Seriously, look at the two games, EVERYTHING was copied over including weapons, environmental structures, and character models.
* The features listed on the storefront page are completely non-existent.

Last edited by roegner1030: 12-17-2012 at 02:39 PM.
roegner1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #3
SHSPVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiculi View Post
I don't know where I should bring this up but I guess someone who knows will see it here.

The War Z should NOT be on steam.

It isn't up to Steam's usual level of quality, and its store page is a pack of lies. The game is a broken, mess at current and it's unlikely to improve.

The screenshots are all completely faked, even the trailer contains a lot of content that doesn't exist, while it does give a slightly more accurate view of the game.

It is filled with hackers who cheat day in and day out, it was filled with legitimate players who have been banned for no reason. The world is bleak and empty.

The game's description on the store page is almost entirely fabrications. Out of all of its bullet points of content, the only ones that actually exist in the game are "Combination of First-Person and Third Person Perspectives", there being PVE and PVP, and it not having a subscription.

To anyone considering buying the game, I can't stress enough that you're better snagging ARMA:CO-OPs for DayZ or waiting for the DayZ stand-alone release. This is coming from someone who hasn't yet played DayZ. This is also coming from someone who won his War Z key in a giveaway. I have nothing riding on this except to inform the community and hopefully someone at Valve that the game is, for lack of a better term, a scam.

If this is inappropriate or the like, mods, please delete the thread, but the community should be informed.
Do you got any proof?.
SHSPVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
Levi

I third it because I hate microtransactions. Um, I don't have a better reason...
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #5
bdd458

Just because it's not a good game does not mean it can't have a place on the storefront. Game quality has nothing to do with that. Just look at that one about the apocalypse.

It's like a real store, sometimes there are pieces of garbage, and sometimes there are gems.
bdd458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:39 PM   #6
Mokk

High quality standards, huh? I saw in the news that apocalypse (revelation?) 2012 had an update the other day...

Last edited by Mokk: 12-17-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Mokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:39 PM   #7
DaffyDuck

There is no such thing as Steam "standards", there is plenty of awful games on Steam. As long as you have a publisher, getting on Steam is fairly easy. Indies are forced to use Greenlight if they are a first time publisher on Steam, otherwise they can use Greenlight and the normal submission method.
DaffyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #8
Wully

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdd458 View Post
Just because it's not a good game does not mean it can't have a place on the storefront. Game quality has nothing to do with that. Just look at that one about the apocalypse.

It's like a real store, sometimes there are pieces of garbage, and sometimes there are gems.
Its not that the game quality is rubbish, its the fact the game is still in beta development, even ingame in safezones it says its a beta and subject to change.

The bullet points on the steam store talk about 100 player servers & private servers which simply is not available yet.

and this one:

"No Classes, No Levels, No Caps: Create your own survival campaign, gain experience points and spend it to learn dozen of available skills"

Experience points are ingame now (finally) but the skill tree to spend these skills hasn't been implemented into the current build.

Unless there is a large patch to the game within the next 24 hours to add in private servers/skills/100 player servers/ability to sell items and the game itself moves to a full release build then the steam description is severely incorrect and should be changed to reflect the current state of the game. It saddens me that this slipped through Steams process of adding games to the store.
Wully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #9
cl4ym4n

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdd458 View Post
Just look at that one about the apocalypse.
DON'T YOU DARE TO DEFAME REVELATIONS 2012!
cl4ym4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #10
MrPancakesFatty

I think it was just removed lol

edit - Nevermind, my bad
MrPancakesFatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #11
SlavicHavoc

If you don't like the game nor developers then simply don't purchase it.

It's that frickin' simple.

There are plenty of other crap games that don't deserve to be on steam. Mainly indie games, but nonetheless.

Don't like it? Don't buy it. You're little voice isn't going to get a game removed just because you don't like it. Please. Growup.
SlavicHavoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #12
lillythemoogle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlavicHavoc View Post

There are plenty of other crap games that don't deserve to be on steam. Mainly indie games, but nonetheless.

Don't like it? Don't buy it. You're little voice isn't going to get a game removed just because you don't like it. Please. Growup.
Agreed. I hate plenty of the more popular games, but I'm not rallying for them to be taken off the client. People have different tastes. I like a lot of games people hate.
lillythemoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #13
Amiculi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlavicHavoc View Post

This has nothing to do with personal taste, it's an incomplete game. The storepage is a series of blatant lies about the product.

I'm fairly certain that there's some legality issues with selling a product based on completely erroneous information. If they called it "beta access" or something on the store page, I'd have less of an issue, but what it says is the game is done and it has all these features.

I pretty well let the horribly lowball product of Ace of Spades slip past despite having spent money on it. I loved it in beta, it was an amazing game, it was purchased by another company and they produced something horrible by comparison to the original I played so long ago. But the game at least delivers on what it says it is.

The War Z is claiming to be a blockbuster on the case, but you open it up to find a hand labeled, burned copy of a bollywood knockoff.
Amiculi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #14
roegner1030

This isn't about whether we like the game or not. It's about the fact that the store page / developers are misrepresenting the game itself. It's disguised as something that it is not. Nothing seen on the store page is actually in the game. It's a crock of lies. It needs to be removed.
roegner1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #15
MrPancakesFatty

They ban people randomly for 'hacking' so they buy the game again.
MrPancakesFatty is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion