Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Garry's Mod

Old 12-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
danyman9

Garry s Mod Flash light wont work?!

Ok so I purchased Garry's Mod and have not screwed with the files... Whenever I press F it makes the flash light sound but no light appears or effect?! Help this is really annoying especially when I find a little adventure area on a map that gets dark so I cant see ANYTHING U_U
Old 12-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #2
PELUXA1

System specs?...

Otherwise...

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2138-TFJK-7353
PELUXA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
chocowalnut4

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyman9 View Post
Ok so I purchased Garry's Mod and have not screwed with the files... Whenever I press F it makes the flash light sound but no light appears or effect?! Help this is really annoying especially when I find a little adventure area on a map that gets dark so I cant see ANYTHING U_U
i have this problem as well. it affects hl2 and gmod. flashlight makes a sound but doesnt flash its light except for on certain textures. the problem is your video card. try a video card update. for me, it use to work until my computer crashed and i had to restart everything fresh and now not even a video card update will fix it for me.

good luck
chocowalnut4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
Patrick_b2007

It does it in my Normal play of Half-Life 2 now too, Was doing a play through ravenholm "Dark Place" and turn on the flashlight and makes nois and drains battery, but no light. My desktop has the Nvidia GEForce 6200 and done a update to it now, So will check later on. And yes I know its a old card, My motherboard needs replaced as it only accepts the style slot that the 6200 uses. But everything in HL2 was fine the last times I played it, So Im guessing its steam doing an update to HL2, maybe for newer graphics card supports?

I only play Gmod once in awail since it always has problems, Still never got the Dpad for 360 controller to switch weapons to work, It worked back on Gmod 9 and at the very first day of Gmod 13 then later not anymore. However the 360 controller works well in HL2 still just like it does on the XBOX 360 version.

Update:

I just updated my graphics card and started to play HL2, when playing I noticed large black shadow boxes under NPCs and objects now...

Last edited by Patrick_b2007: 12-27-2012 at 12:37 AM.
Patrick_b2007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Garry's Mod