Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wars collection > Knights of the Old Republic Series

Old 01-03-2013, 03:45 AM   #1
Tradman

Post KOTOR 2 Widescreen fix, working with the latest version!

It has been known for some time now that there is a way to get widescreen working with the latest version, on steam. I actually found this out on my own but later read on a forum people already had discovered this, but it doesn't seem to be that well known at the moment.

So I'll share this with you all that wants working widescreen without having to get an older version of the game!

1. Get this crack http://rd1.gamecopyworld.com/649267/...02bint%2521rar

2. Make a backup of your original swkotor2.exe just incase.

3. Go to your installation folder and replace the original swkotor2.exe with the cracked one.

Now that it's cracked we move on to the next steps.

4. Download UniWS http://img.wsgf.org/downloads/uniws.zip

5. Unzip the program wherever you like.

6. Startup your game and select the resolution 1280x960.

7. Quit game to desktop and startup UniWS.

8. Select Kotor II, and in the field "New Resolution" type in desired resolution, I link a screenshot of my choice below in step 11.

9. Press patch, and when done exit the program.

10. Go to your installation folder and locate swkotor2.ini and open it up.

11. In the fields "[Display Options] & [Graphics Options]" you will see Width & Height. Here you must type in
the same resolution you filled in on step 8. Here is a screenshot of my setup: http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/1716/helppic.png

12. To fix the minimap and hud in-game download http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/...he-sith-lords/ Then unzip and place the 3 files from the zip into your Kotor2\Override\ Folder.

13. Start up the game and enjoy.

Feel free to post your experience, if you get it working.

And if you are encountering any problems make sure you followed all the steps to the point.

Also a note to those that are or wants to play TSLRCM, this is not interfering with it in any way. I am currently playing their latest version 1.8.2 with the droid planet, it's working great.

- Updated with new links
- 05/02-14 Just completed my own walkthrough with this + Restored Content, worked flawlessly except for random crashes due to hardware. Apparently the crack still has swoop racing bugged, but if you can look away from that I guess it's fine.

Last edited by Tradman: 05-02-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:12 AM   #2
DR490N

Thanks for this post and the detailed description, I have been looking for a way to have both widescreen and the latest version of the game for quite some time.

Sadly the exe (modified or not) fails to run the game on my win8 x64 (every other exe works, original, older version, different resolutions...). Nothings happens, no error message. Are there other people who manage to run the game like described in this post ?
DR490N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:24 AM   #3
Tradman

That's a shame, maybe cause of win8, but I doubt it since you say it works without the crack...

Last edited by Tradman: 10-18-2013 at 12:39 AM.
Tradman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #4
stalkerhelp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradman View Post
That's a shame, maybe cause of win8, but I doubt it since you say it works without the crack. Hopefully someone can help you.
Doesn't work here either, windows 7....
stalkerhelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:08 PM   #5
blacklab

This is also not working for me on Windows 7. The game crashes right when I run it.
blacklab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:06 AM   #6
Fiszy

Doesn't work for me on Windows 8.

The problems I have:

First, the crack doesn't work. Comes up with an error upon launch so I use the normal game .exe. Other guides I see say this is fine, so I don't think this is the problem.

Second, I have no 1280x960 resolution to select. I can only select 1280x768, and for some reason that is displayed three times.

Third, I cannot edit the Height or Width sections in UniWs. I'm guessing this is a result of the above step.

I have used the Squizzy resolution patch but this results in missing conversation texts. Some guides say that to fix this I have to revert to an older version of the game, but I can't do that since I'm running the TSL Restored Content mod.
Fiszy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:54 AM   #7
Mr.Moe

Fiszy, thats because UniWS doesnt find a compatible exe
Only the unpatched version works with the widescreen patch
Mr.Moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:18 AM   #8
Fiszy

I use the crack correctly but it doesn't work.
Fiszy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:01 AM   #9
Crusheer

Smile

Hello, it appears the wsgf site is down. Can anybody please upload the UniWS and the minimap fixes somewhere? I'm really in the mood for getting this game finally working!
EDIT: My request about the files might be a little early, since I also have a problem with choosing the 1280x960 resolution.
I can select only 800x600 and 1024x768 resolutions which are both showed up three times.
I use 1366x768 and would like to try the 1366x785 method.
EDIT2: nevermind, it's working again.

Last edited by Crusheer: 10-25-2013 at 02:42 AM.
Crusheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:35 AM   #10
Tradman

Just wanted to say I updated the thread.

Uploaded a new link for the hud fix for 16x9, but not 16x10 cause I didn't have it. Also updated the link for a different crack for the latest version 1.0b.

So for those that might have had a problem with the previous crack, this might just work. I reinstalled my computer and the game and noticed the other one didn't work, although it did work on my first try. But with this new one I didn't encounter any problems, playing in glorious widescreen, hope the rest of you can get it to work now.

I can't be much of help if you can't select the 1280x960 resolution, cause apparently it's required or so the program say.

Last edited by Tradman: 01-05-2014 at 05:42 AM.
Tradman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:29 PM   #11
Maugomale

Just so you know, Carbon's cracked .exe does not include the update's fixes. Swoop racing is still bugged
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wars collection > Knights of the Old Republic Series